Has anyone else had awful dungeon times?

90 Human Warrior
Hey there I have a lvl 35 disc priest, and I've noticed that more than 75% of the time dungeons are filled with ppl committing toon suicide- seriously! Ppl do really dumb stuff in dungeons: they run so far ahead of me I can't heal them because they're not in my line of sight, they overpull adds to the point where we get stampeded and then they yell at and insult me for not being able to work miracles, or they spread out so far apart I can't find them to heal them in time. I really understand now how underappreciated healers are ^^ The one I hate the most tho is ppl whose toons are all heirloomed out making fun of me for not being able to keep up with them and be a miracle worker :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What do you expect when low level characters are completely overpowered compared to their relative content? Add in heirloom gear and players think they can always smash anything quickly. Every now and then they run into a mechanic that they ignore and it kills them. They've never learned to approach enemies carefully and purposefully or pay attention to the effects applied by enemies. When they finally get to higher levels they have to really start learning how to play or die a lot. That is why the very easy MoP regular mode dungeons can sometimes be very painful when doing LFD.

I always find it hilarious to watch some low level melee newbies try to zerg the Creeping Sludges in Maraudon. That is one of the first minor skill mechanics players encounter. Not everything is tank and spank.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have a 42 Monk that goes Mistweaver for dungeon runs. I haven't noticed anything special about the others committing extra stupid suicide tactics.

In the two months prior to the MoP xpac release, I started up several Horde toons on another server, three of them healers, and also noticed nothing extra special about dungeon idiocy.

Sorry, I just haven't seen it.

But then, I've been doing LFD since it was released and I may be jaded about it by now. It takes extra-spectacular stupidity for me to take note of it these days.
Edited by Eyrtha on 2/23/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
We actually have a thread going that's dedicated to just this topic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811481850

:)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A thread? This is thread #11 because we keep hitting the post cap.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/22/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Valiayn
Hey there I have a lvl 35 disc priest, and I've noticed that more than 75% of the time dungeons are filled with ppl committing toon suicide- seriously! Ppl do really dumb stuff in dungeons: they run so far ahead of me I can't heal them because they're not in my line of sight, they overpull adds to the point where we get stampeded and then they yell at and insult me for not being able to work miracles, or they spread out so far apart I can't find them to heal them in time. I really understand now how underappreciated healers are ^^ The one I hate the most tho is ppl whose toons are all heirloomed out making fun of me for not being able to keep up with them and be a miracle worker :/

ONE OF US
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
What do you expect when low level characters are completely overpowered compared to their relative content? Add in heirloom gear and players think they can always smash anything quickly. Every now and then they run into a mechanic that they ignore and it kills them. They've never learned to approach enemies carefully and purposefully or pay attention to the effects applied by enemies. When they finally get to higher levels they have to really start learning how to play or die a lot. That is why the very easy MoP regular mode dungeons can sometimes be very painful when doing LFD.

I always find it hilarious to watch some low level melee newbies try to zerg the Creeping Sludges in Maraudon. That is one of the first minor skill mechanics players encounter. Not everything is tank and spank.

Pretty much this. My current favorite is the mobs in mana tombs that stun/cs the healer when the hero "tank" pulls the whole room. It probably wouldn't be so bad since a single heal will overheal them except they don't use their active mitigation tools, ever, let alone an actual tank cd so they splatter during the cs. Another good one is the ogres at the end of dire maul north with the for real ms debuff that also hit like trucks...

Once upon a time you had to know the dungeons to succeed, nowadays most are just lolfaceroll aoe until it comes to a screeching halt when a mechanic that matters rears its ugly head.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/23/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Minami
A thread? This is thread #11 because we keep hitting the post cap.

and because of that, I get scared whenever I que.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/23/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Mitimem
What do you expect when low level characters are completely overpowered compared to their relative content? Add in heirloom gear and players think they can always smash anything quickly.

So true!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]