Blizzard not making sense, blacklisting BGs

90 Human Monk
Nothing really new here, I just wanted to point out that there have been at least 10 threads in the last 2 months about this bug, and not a single blue post on the matter. This isn't altogether unsurprising (no Im not about to bash blizz responses) given the massive volume of threads that are started each day and the finite number of blues to read them. The problem is that:

On February 8th, ghostcrawler tweeted: "@SnuggliTV We want to get some good data on which ones are being blacklisted first. Maybe that can help us create more popular BGs overall."

source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/300024656965038080

The question I would like a blue to answer is, given that players cannot currently blacklist BGs, how can you expect to gather "good data on which ones are being blacklisted"... ?

Please note this isn't an attack post, I just really don't understand why this (seemingly) simple bug hasn't even been mentioned by a blue, yet its been discussed at some length for the last 3 months?
Edited by Tigerdna on 2/24/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's more likely intended than a bug. Why? It might be to encourage more people to do the Call to Arms so it isn't dead for others. Only a guess.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/24/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Tigerdna
The question I would like a blue to answer is, given that players cannot currently blacklist BGs
False info. Simply /reload and then blacklist two BGs. It seesm to work 100% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It doesn't for me. Some people have said that it does, or to simply blacklist, unlist, then blacklist a second time, but I have tried both that and /reload and I will still queue into a BG I don't want. Many others have reported similar scenarios to mine. Observations based on a sample size of 1 just prove you are lucky, not that myself and the people that started previous topics were all wrong.

Beyond the disagreement whether that works or not are 2 issues:

1. There shouldn't have to be a clever workaround for this, its obviously a bug.

2. Either they are aware of it and have come up with some contrived way to determine who's blacklisting, and haven't bothered to fix it, or, this bug isn't being accounted for in their data collection (if that is in fact ongoing and not just a claim they intend to follow through on at a later date) and the data is skewed.

Again, not trying to flame blizzard here, I would just really love feedback on an issue that has been identified for some time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Did you ever think it's not a simple fix?

Perhaps it requires more than the wave of a wand?

Nah, let's just make wild accusations.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You shouldn't need a workaround, but the /reload workaround always works for me. You do a lot of things that you shouldn't have to, that's just the way it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Did you ever think it's not a simple fix?

Perhaps it requires more than the wave of a wand?

Nah, let's just make wild accusations.

Im not making wild accusations. I'm literally doing the exact opposite, asking for an explanation from someone in the know, rather than make wild accusations. The only reason I postulate it is a simple fix is because the feature used to work, and doesn't involve changing anything graphical or game world altering.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]