Can gnomes take part in romantic role play?

81 Human Paladin
Simple enough question; I'm not talking about anything nasty like "erp" but i have always enjoyed romantic rp aswell as normal rp. I'm thinking about rolling a gnome warrior and want to know if people involve gnomes into that, or if people are still caught up in the "gnomes are short so they must me children" idea. I want to create her on a known rp realm like WA or MG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yea, gnomes can fall in love, how do you think baby gnomes are made? 0.o

Only race I have doubts about being able to have a romance are the Forsaken, I've been trying to look into that one myself for my Forsaken RP toon
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
02/25/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Masayume
how do you think baby gnomes are made? 0.o

When a mama gnome and a daddy gnome love each other very much they go to the engineering supplier and buy a kit.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Masayume
Only race I have doubts about being able to have a romance are the Forsaken, I've been trying to look into that one myself for my Forsaken RP toon

I believe you can only go as far as emotional connections....being that the errr..physical side is rather rotted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/25/2013 06:40 AMPosted by Carnagi
how do you think baby gnomes are made? 0.o

When a mama gnome and a daddy gnome love each other very much they go to the engineering supplier and buy a kit.

Mama Gnome: "No, dear, you are not attaching that Terrawatt Assault Simulacrum Electrocution Remote in our daughter."
Papa Gnome: "Then remove the net-launcher!"
Mama Gnome: "... How else is she supposed to catch a man?"
Papa Gnome: "Well, you used a magnet."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Yeah, because all ERP is nasty.

Anyway, we have evidence that Gnomes are not emotionless monsters, so we can make some assumptions that they fall in love with one another. If your "romantic" RP hinges on the fact that Gnomes are small in stature, you're probably looking for ERP.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Mama Gnome: "No, dear, you are not attaching that Terrawatt Assault Simulacrum Electrocution Remote in our daughter."
Papa Gnome: "Then remove the net-launcher!"
Mama Gnome: "... How else is she supposed to catch a man?"
Papa Gnome: "Well, you used a magnet."

/slowclap
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin

Anyway, we have evidence that Gnomes are not emotionless monsters, so we can make some assumptions that they fall in love with one another. If your "romantic" RP hinges on the fact that Gnomes are small in stature, you're probably looking for ERP.

It dorsn't hindge on that for me. I just find it usually does for others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Even nerds need love.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

It dorsn't hindge on that for me. I just find it usually does for others.

Don't fall for whatever is "popular". If you want to be a Gnome, roll a Gnome.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/25/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Khetep
I believe you can only go as far as emotional connections....being that the errr..physical side is rather rotted.

You broke my brain with that mental image.
Reply Quote
33 Human Priest
This confuses what I already know about gnomes.

Why would they not be able to procreate? It's not like their insides are made up of gears and wires and machinery...

...wait, is it?
Reply Quote
I've dissected many gnomes and found no gears! Just smaller versions of human-like organs. Except the brain....damn that thing is big.

Also Fangry....it's what I do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Yea, gnomes can fall in love, how do you think baby gnomes are made? 0.o

Yeah from what we know all they can do is the emotional side of relationships, maybe kiss and such but anything more is a big no and I think males package will just fall off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure if this counts as "canon" or not...but it is in wow

This is quoted from A Steamy Romance Novel: Forbidden Love
Ah'tusa crept silently through the massive underground tunnel, nervously looking over her shoulder in anticipation of the fast moving tram. "Where is he..." she muttered angrily, stopping suddenly as something moved behind her. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as her dagger slid from its sheath.

A husky voice echoed in the hollow chamber, "I thought rogues liked to be behind their target." She spun quickly, driving her blade into a shield of impenetrable force. "And I thought paladins were supposed to be chaste." she replied with a confident smirk.

Leaning forward, she counted out loud until the invisible bubble dissipated with an audible pop. "Twelve seconds? I know you have abilities that last longer than that."

Bony fingers worked effortlessly beneath his armor, unlatching his breastplate and exposing him to the cold air. "Don't worry my sweet Marcus, that's not a finishing move tonight... I'm just getting started." He wrapped his arms around what remained of her waist, forcing an excited giggle as he nibbled at her neck vertebrae.

<The rest of the book has several sections that are apparently worn out from repeated readings.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ah, romantic gnome love. Oh, yeah it exists, and is a beautiful thing. Though gnomes tend to keep these things private, so most races don't believe it exits.

However it does, with flowers, candy, warm embraces, and something to do with cogs, wingdings and whatever else they may need. Joking, why wouldn't they have romantic interludes? Though they are private with their outword showing of their affections to other races.

Forsaken, love? Please, not in the same sentence, also Death Knights, no, no, no...
Reply Quote
Shagging gnomes....?

Most frightening thought ever to cross my rotting mind...
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Shagging gnomes....?

Most frightening thought ever to cross my rotting mind...

I know I should not have.. but..I did.. I truly laughed out loud.

**hangs head in shame and leaves room..with a grin on her lips**
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]