Authenticator

41 Blood Elf Warrior
If i create a new account can i remove my auth from this account and put the same auth on my new account
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
Why not create it on the same Battle.net account and use the authenticator to protect both?
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
going to recruit a friend with a friend and i do not wanna pay for two accounts
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If by "auth", you mean CD Key Authorization... No, CD Keys are one time use only. Once used, they cannot be taken off of an account and moved to a new account.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/27/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Lirral
going to recruit a friend with a friend and i do not wanna pay for two accounts

Why would you need to pay for two accounts?

Just send the RAF invite to your friend's email and recruit him. You don't need to make a new account to recruit a friend.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
i mean an authenticator like the thing you use t log in that gives a six digit code can u transfer it to a diff account
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
he wants to recruit me
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/27/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Lirral
i mean an authenticator like the thing you use t log in that gives a six digit code can u transfer it to a diff account

As TLG mentioned, just create the new account on the same battle.net account. You can have up to 8 WoW accounts on one battle.net account. That way you can use the same authenticator for both accounts and keep them both protected.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
i dont want to pay for two accounts so can i completely switch ot to a diff account
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
02/27/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Lirral
i dont want to pay for two accounts so can i completely switch ot to a diff account

You won't have to, you can simply let whatever account you do not wish to pay for cancel.

The authenticators are B.net account wide not single licence wide. Create the RaF account on your current B.net log in, then cancel the other account.
Edited by Scuba on 2/27/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
i want to change account names this one is under my bfs name and we are no longer together so is it possible to transfer it
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/27/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Lirral
i want to change account names this one is under my bfs name and we are no longer together so is it possible to transfer it

If the account is not in your name, it is not yours to play. You shouldn't even be logging into it.

The only way to change the name on an account is with legal documentation (getting married, legal name change, etc.). Since you cannot legally change your name to your boyfriends name, then you won't be able to change it.

It would be best for you to just stop using the account all together.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
i do not want to change the name i wanna make a new one and transfer the auth lol give me relevant answers plz
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm sorry, but I am not going to help you take an authenticator off of an account you do not own (essentially compromising the account).

Especially since the two of you are no longer together and you may be doing this to get back at him. Which is why account sharing is not allowed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm sorry, but I am not going to help you take an authenticator off of an account you do not own (essentially compromising the account).

Especially since the two of you are no longer together and you may be doing this to get back at him. Which is why account sharing is not allowed.

how would removing an authenticator that OP possesses off of her ex's account be getting back at him? if OP has the authenticator plus account login info, they can already do what they want to the account as far as revenge is concerned, plus the account owner is locked out until they send ID to get the authenticator removed.
Edited by Yindar on 2/27/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Hunter
You could always get another authenticator. The fobs are fairly cheap. Also, if you have a smart phone, you can download the free authenticator app.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Yindar
how would removing an authenticator that OP possesses off of her ex's account be getting back at him?

In a nutshell? "Borrows" the Authenticator when she leaves, removes it from the account, sells it to someone else to make a little bit of cash.

If the account is in her boyfriend's name, then she should not have the Authenticator in her possession, or access to his information.

OP, to give a simple answer to the question you posed, yes, you can remove the Authenticator from one Battle.net account and place it on a different Battle.net account. You can do so through the Account Management page. However, as Selenic said, this isn't a simple situation, given the account sharing. I would recommend getting a different Authenticator (Mobile versions are free on most smartphones), placing it on the second account, and not using the first Authenticator and associated account anymore, until your ex-boyfriend sorts it out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What is this thread... nobody even answered the question. Instead of going on some weird fishing expedition and giving out information nobody should care about, this should've ended a long time ago by answering the question.

02/27/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Lirral
If i create a new account can i remove my auth from this account and put the same auth on my new account

The answer is yes.
Reply Quote
02/27/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Seiryu
What is this thread... nobody even answered the question. Instead of going on some weird fishing expedition and giving out information nobody should care about, this should've ended a long time ago by answering the question.

Because the OP originally made it sound like they didn't know they could have multiple licenses under one authenticator. It was only after trying to figure it out did the actual reason that they were account sharing.

The initial "fishing" was to try to help them so they didn't need to buy another authenticator.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]