Grand Crusader Change?

90 Human Paladin
I remeber seeing that GC posted something about changing Grand Crusader to proc off of parry and dodge but i have not seen it in any of the patch notes. Did they decide not to implement this change? I like tanking on Pali but i really don't like the fact that DPS gear is better for tanking. It just feels wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's not in the patch notes yet, but it's active on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
12% chance to proc off dodge/parry/cs/hotr. You already need hit and expertise to tank, the only dps gear you would want is haste and if you dont like haste your perfectly fine going with mastery.

Choices are good.
Edited by Taxem on 2/28/2013 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Awww man, I hate the idea of that.. Worse is that it will totally suck in PVP now. The reason it was at least decent before is simply because it worked on casters when you closed the gap and could shut them down for a little bit..

Now, there is no chance of this because well........... yeah, dodge and parry.. LAME.

Slightly smaller chance does not equal no chance.
Reply Quote
Awww man, I hate the idea of that.. Worse is that it will totally suck in PVP now. The reason it was at least decent before is simply because it worked on casters when you closed the gap and could shut them down for a little bit..

Now, there is no chance of this because well........... yeah, dodge and parry.. LAME.

Slightly smaller chance does not equal no chance.

On the account of PvP, it is a loss.

But Prot Pally in PvP was already a joke to begin with. At least ever since the WoG nerf back in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The change in 5.2 basically reflects the results to this:

If you are a Haste > Mastery > Avoidance Tank, you're fine as is continuing that logic.

If you are a Mastery > Avoidance Tank, you're fine as is continuing that logic.

We will still be beast AoE tanks, and still will have great dps and SoTR uptime single target.

It might be an unnecessary change, but an interesting one. Thankfully not game breaking for us.

Continue on my fellow brothers of the Light. We enter 5.2 as tanks unscathed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They have already reduced the proc chance to 12% down from 20%. The reason they included Dodge/Parry into the proc chance was because of the fact that the Paladin Tanking community flipped out on them when they announced the first version of the nerf which was to reduce the mitigation of SoTR.

You are worrying about nothing. The community spoke, and this was their compromise. And I like it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I don't know why people are so scared of Grand Crusader getting nerfed. Revenge procs pretty much every 1-2 GCDs on AoE fights for warriors, far more than Grand Crusader will (since it's a 100% chance on avoids).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pallies just aren't doing the research. If they had, they'd know this change means nothing.

More advanced tanks can stay with Control/Haste just fine. Those who want to go Control/Mastery will have great success as well.

This "nerf" changes nothing really. People should pay attention to the brilliant volunteer math that Theck does for the community instead of seeing a change and crying about it with no real knowledge.
Edited by Pröt on 3/1/2013 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]