Can DKs play PvP w/out Kyboard/Mouse Strafing

90 Human Priest
This morning my cousin proudly announced that he's replaced the strafe (left A and Right D) and back-paddle with strikes. For the latter I agree, but I cannot fathom how anyone can get above 1500 rating, without strafing only using the mouse to move by pressing the left+right buttons simultaneously. I felt helpless when I tried to convince him that this is a bad, bad idea for PvP, but he's convinced that he'll do well in PvP..
Is there any viable DK in the world that doesn't use the keyboard to strafe, move forward or turn, and only uses the mouse for moving and turning?
Edited by Xfiniti on 3/6/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You can use mouse buttons to strafe pretty easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
He doesn't believe in strafing, he says he doesn't need it because he's a DK and doesn't have to hide behind pillars and stuff, which I think is plain wrong again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I find it to be much more advanced to only use the mouse for all movements. This is very easily done by just holding down the right mouse button. This gives you an extra easy 2+ hotkeys by getting to use E and Q, and I honestly dont think anyone should ever use they keyboard for their strafe movements because you get much more control by utilizing your mouse functionality.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You do know you can strafe multi ways with the mouse, or mouse + keys, or Q and E, and so on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/01/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Lentø
You do know you can strafe multi ways with the mouse, or mouse + keys, or Q and E, and so on.

Yes I know, but the problem is that he doesn't want to strafe.

03/01/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Opexy
I find it to be much more advanced to only use the mouse for all movements.

And you're saying that because it works for you in PvP and got your team rating in arena to what rating?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
watch reckful stream. only mouse movements.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alright thanks for the insight.
Edited by Xfiniti on 3/5/2013 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
uhm... reckful uses z and x to strafe in combination with his mouse. Not being able to strafe isn't horrible but strafing can be useful at times for all classes, so not having the option to isn't to great of an idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Do whatever is comfortable. He'll have issues placing DnD and, if he ever takes it, AMZ. Other than that, it won't make a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I mouse turn and never strafe and don't have problems placing dnd.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Let him play how he is comfortable, I catch flak from my guildies all the time for being a "clicker" and yet manage to out perform them and their 80 dollar mice. to each their own.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I unkeybound all mousemovement about 5 years ago. I look with the left mouse key, turn with the right mouse key, autorun with the middle mouse key, and strafe with buttons 4 and 5.

I don't have back peddle keybound.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
03/01/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Opexy
I find it to be much more advanced to only use the mouse for all movements. This is very easily done by just holding down the right mouse button. This gives you an extra easy 2+ hotkeys by getting to use E and Q, and I honestly dont think anyone should ever use they keyboard for their strafe movements because you get much more control by utilizing your mouse functionality.

Strafing's too useful for me to give it up.
Edited by Abrogate on 3/2/2013 5:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I bound my movement keys to a PS2 style controller so I use the stick to move about. Much easier than getting carpal tunnel on a keyboard, and you can use the L1 L2 buttons to target/jump and use the 4 directional pad keys for your main rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i only use the mouse for all movements. my mouse has extra keys and so i have all movement i need on those keys. i still strafe, but if he doesn't need to he doesn't need to. maybe he would like to try it with strafe and without and see which works better. maybe some melee work well without strafe... i find it useful in all kinds of ways to be able to move like that... staying on target, still facing target while moving in all kinds of ways, positioning.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
lol, I don't use W A S D, i use E S D F! TAKE THAT!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/02/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Abrogate

Strafing's too useful for me to give it up.

Agree, that's exactly my point.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I've been using strafe in similar games for over a decade, it's not going anywhere from my setup.
Edited by Postonforums on 3/5/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]