Divine Purpose for Ret in 5.2

I think it would be cool to give it increased proc chance on critical strikes or give it a chance that's say, your crit chance plus some base percentage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Luvaria
I think it would be cool to give it increased proc chance on critical strikes or give it a chance that's say, your crit chance plus some base percentage.

When DP was introduced, Rets then had 2 RNG, plus santified wrath, then zealotry. Now we have to talent into one of the 3 and if we dont spend into DP, we are stuck with one RNG to hover a finger over. Some dev really has Ret paladin hate over there.

Getting my foil hat on, but I have a feeling someone at Blizz pushed Holy paladins considering they are the only ones who use +int plate atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Luvaria

That does absolutely nothing towards making it better for Ret without improving it for Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Elidra

That does absolutely nothing towards making it better for Ret without improving it for Holy.

Since when do Critical Strikes only apply to Damage. Did I miss a nerf to heals critting?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since when do Critical Strikes only apply to Damage. Did I miss a nerf to heals critting?

Read my post again, this time try to understand it.

It's already really good for Holy. It shouldn't be improved for Holy.
It needs to be improved for Ret, but not Holy.
Scaling it with crit would make it better for Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Elidra

No Mommy. Please don't hit me!

Ease up, person. I care about healing for ret, just as much holy. I have a 20% crit with inq up. So 35-50% proc for DP would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Dainerys

No Mommy. Please don't hit me!

Ease up, person. I care about healing for ret, just as much holy. I have a 20% crit with inq up. So 35-50% proc for DP would be nice.

It really wouldn't be. You realize how much more bastardized Ret would be for Arenas/RBGs because of that? Anyone doing PvP would never take a Ret if Holy was even stronger from this. I like where you're going, but DP is already solid in niche roles.

Leave it be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry. I didn't mean to argue with President Duck :/

I'd still take a 40% proc over what we have now. Even then. A geared Holy paladin has 25% spell crit, which would make the proc 45%.

Yep. Sounds unfair to me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/21/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Kulso
So, with Avenging Wrath at a 2 minute cooldown via the tier set bonus
It's no longer a set bonus, it's baseline for Ret and they are giving Ret the old set bonus.

I'm glad you stopped reading after the first sentence... :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The idea of a passive benefit added to Divine Purpose is a good one, and is sprinkled throughout the other classes talent trees as well (e.g. Heart of the Wild and Incanter's Absorption). Something along the lines of "Passive: Sources of Holy damage have that damage increased by +6%" would be reminiscent of our old Sanctity Aura while also being a stronger bonus for Retribution and Protection than for Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Would be nice if our two choices cold be between burst and sustained, not burst and burst.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/22/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Airc
It's no longer a set bonus, it's baseline for Ret and they are giving Ret the old set bonus.

I'm glad you stopped reading after the first sentence... :)

Total sidetrack here, but I'm in complete awe of your 1/2 transmog 1/2 HoF gear. Not to mention the lionheart executioner, which for some stupid reason I deleted my pally that had weaponsmithing :(

regarding the topic,

02/23/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Pàndá
Would be nice if our two choices cold be between burst and sustained, not burst and burst.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would love to see us OP again. I mean, we are, but thinking back to Wrath days. I feel like we were stronger.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Do pvp rets even consider divine purpose? It doesn't proc for like 15 hours of PvP combat and then it procs and stacks like 19 times at the dumbest times. Reminds me of the reason cata sucked so much. I don't see why anyone would want this over HA. There is no way they are going to "buff" divine purpose so :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Rng HATES me so i stick to my SW <_<.
Edited by Blurble on 2/23/2013 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How about every time DP procs, in addition to the current effect, it lowers the remaining cooldown of all abilities by x%? That might make me try it over HA. Or would that buff Holy too much as well?
Edited by Treighton on 2/23/2013 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
DP scales with haste. The more haste you have, the more DP procs you will get. You can have those periods of time where it doesn't proc much at all, but you could also have those periods of time where it procs seemingly every time you use your holy power.

Obviously this is not the best choice for all fights. If the fight does not have a burn phase and you have very high uptime on mobs, DP is definitely a viable option.

Point is, it's the talent that best scales with haste in that tier. It will continue to get slightly better every time you get more haste. Keep trying it as you gear up and see how it goes.
Edited by Perseus on 2/24/2013 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]