WW Monk or Enh Shaman??

90 Human Warlock
I have been stuck on deciding witch one to choose, they both seem fun to play and STRONG :)
I've got BOA for both and I'm planning on taking them the whole way to 90 if I enjoy playing them.

How are they looking in the next patch? And are they a popular choice for RBG's?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Oh and what race should I roll?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Both are good choices for PvE (Monks seem to be getting even better for 5.2. Shaman are publicly maligned often for their performance, but enhance does well in a PvE environment).

As far as PvP goes, right now both struggle to some extent. Both have comps that work for them, but often times it feels wrong (such as with a shaman, hugging LoS until your partner gets the enemy low enough to strafe out and Ascend->Stormblast from safety). In 5.2, monks are getting some tools that may make them more desirable for things like RBGs.

Elemental has seen most of the PvP "love" as far as shaman go. Enhance hasn't been messed with much, beyond a nerf to the Purge glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Lux
As someone who has both, they're both fairly good in PvE, especially enhance. I don't PvP much, but I've heard they're both medicore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would roll Ele but I don't feel like getting more BOA :( already have 25 pieces.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Hard to say really.

I do not like the 5.2 version of WW monks. It's more powerful but less fun IMO. Luckly I enjoy MW spec so that is what I will be maining in pvp come the patch.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
WW is looking like it will probably be better in 5.2 for pvp than enhance. Enhance has great utility and overpowering burst when cooldowns are up, but is really easy to zerg down. WW has great mobility, more cc, and better consistent damage and is getting buffs in 5.2. They are also easy to zerg down but slightly less so. I dont think either will be taken for most serious RBG teams.

Ele is worse than either WW or Enhance in small scale pvp. In RBGs they get taken occasionally for thunderstorm knockbacks and good burst when freecasting.

As for race, the answer is always troll.
Edited by Zevahcotineb on 2/24/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
02/24/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb

This man speaks the truth. MOAR TROLLS
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/24/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Fightindress

This man speaks the truth. MOAR TROLLS

Nah, Trolls suck. They are all scared of me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Nobody takes enhance for rbgs and I doubt they'll take windwalkers since rop isn't as effective vs ranged as it is vs melee. Add to that the fact that mistweavers are the best rbg healer and it doesn't look good.

Go female orc.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 2/24/2013 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]