Are they discontinuing Darkmoon Faire?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I notice Darkmoon Faire runs the first week of every month up through August, then it doesn't happen anymore in the game calendar at all, and I went several months ahead even though other events are scheduled.

Is the Darkmoon Faire being discontinued? I really like that feature and DO NOT want to see it go.

From what I can see, after August 2013 all the way through February 2014- Darkmoon Faire is no more.
Edited by Nyrva on 2/22/2013 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Rogue
Don't know about being discontinued, but they should probably get the health department to condemn that place. Getting to be a pretty crappy place, with all that trash laying around that never seems to get cleaned up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I better hurry up and score as many DM Capes as I can for transmog on my toons and get my DM Zeppelin before they stop it for good in August.
Edited by Nyrva on 2/22/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
They just haven't added it to the calendar yet that far in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/22/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Gleak
They just haven't added it to the calendar yet that far in advance.

But I can go all the way to February 2014 and see all the scheduled holiday events, and the Stranglethorn Fishing thing is every Sunday from now until then. No more DM Faire-- means no more of that DM Special Reserve either to get my toon vomit-smashed on with just 3 swigs! lol!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/22/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Nyrva
But I can go all the way to February 2014 and see all the scheduled holiday events, and the Stranglethorn Fishing thing is every Sunday from now until then. No more DM Faire-- means no more of that DM Special Reserve either to get my toon vomit-smashed on with just 3 swigs! lol!

02/22/2013 08:06 PMPosted by Gleak
They just haven't added it to the calendar yet
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All the other events for the next 12 months have been added to the calendar. Means I got until August to get everything I want from that place before it ends permanently in August.
Edited by Nyrva on 2/22/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Maragoras
It's just not added onto the calender yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's just not added onto the calender yet.

So why are all the other events already added then? Admittedly I'm trying to see where you're coming from but hey, "Love is in the Air 2014" is already plotted on the calendar.
Edited by Nyrva on 2/22/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue

So why are all the other events already added then? Admittedly I'm trying to see where you're coming from but hey, "Love is in the Air 2014" is already plotted on the calendar.

Because other events are based on a set day on the calendar. The DMF is not. Since the first sunday of the month is always a different date, they have to add it in manually. It seems that they don't have a "X days before and after date Y are world event Z" algorithm for the DMF, as they do for holidays and world events.

They'll add the DMF to those months later on.
Edited by Siyara on 2/22/2013 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Because other events are based on a set day on the calendar. The DMF is not. Since the first sunday of the month is always a different day/date, they have to add it in manually. It seems that they don't have a "X days before and after date Y are world event Z" algorithm for the DMF, as they do for holidays and world events.

They'll add the DMF to those months later on.

Thank you for sharing. I like your response. :-)

If nothing else there's BOA gear, a couple companion pets, and a few items I want out of that place. But I've only been playing since October so it didn't make sense to me otherwise. But I was like "Oh, shoot! I only got until August to try to get all this stuff, I better put all my toons on this thing from now until then!" lol!

Seemed there was a lot of unused areas still on that feature. couldn't decide if that's just for prop-value or if those are in fact things for future development? Who knows.

Hey, If nothing else I'm looking forward to Brewfest too. Curious what Harvest Festival is all about but that's September. :D
Edited by Nyrva on 2/22/2013 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
they are trying to get people to participate a bit more in darkmoon faire, they aren't removing it.

with the addition of bonus bags that might contain useful hats.
Reply Quote
54 Pandaren Monk
Maybe they stopped showing it on the calender because there "might" be some new events coming round that time in one of a couple of those under construction tents.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
they are trying to get people to participate a bit more in darkmoon faire, they aren't removing it.

with the addition of bonus bags that might contain useful hats.

When are they doing that?

Funny thing is, was working up my shaman's inscription so I can make those DM cards. I already have made 2 small decks and got a couple cool pieces of gear for transmog that way.

But so far got the DM Dancing Bear, DM Tonk, a piece of BOA on my Shaman. By the time I get done with what I want to do on this toon she's probably gonna look like a DM Faire "groupie" or something. lol! :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/22/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Minling
Maybe they stopped showing it on the calender because there "might" be some new events coming round that time in one of a couple of those under construction tents.

I've been wondering if those tents were really going to be used eventually or just "props" (scenery), etc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I went forward in the calendar and saw the release date for Titan
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Titan, is that the next xpac to follow Pandaria?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]