Monk Tanking

85 Worgen Priest
I got a monk to level 44 not long ago. She's a tank, see? Cute gnome, chucking barrels of booze twice her size, spitting fire and setting mobs aflame...

I'm wondering how tanking is on the higher level end. I read elsewhere that monk tanks -can't- hold aggro fo' shiznit. I find this not at all true, at least up to level 44.
How is higher leveling monk tanking?
I also read monk tanks are gonna get some steroids via buffs?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/25/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Blackbane
I'm wondering how tanking is on the higher level end. I read elsewhere that monk tanks -can't- hold aggro fo' shiznit.

Heh.

Hehheh.

HAHAHAHAH.

HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAH.

/faint
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Rofl
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
I'm sorry, did I make a funny?
Let me ask with a more serious face...

*puts on silly serious face*
How is tanking on higher levels? Difficult? Easy-peasy? Is it like enjoying a slice of ice cream cake, or as fun as dancing on said cake?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monks are fine. In fact, all tanks are just fine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924333197
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
We're laughing because Monks have the most OP threat in the game.

Holding threat is very easy, stealing threat can be a little frustrating (I might click off vengeance in high-damage tank swap fights).

Monks are generally considered the most difficult tank class. We have to juggle resource regeneration to keep up Shuffle to simply not be hit as hard as the other tanks. If you look at the Ox Stance buff, you'll notice there's no armor increase in it. That's where Shuffle comes in.

It is, however, incredibly fun if you enjoy a very active play-style.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I got a monk to level 44 not long ago. She's a tank, see? Cute gnome, chucking barrels of booze twice her size, spitting fire and setting mobs aflame...

I'm wondering how tanking is on the higher level end. I read elsewhere that monk tanks -can't- hold aggro fo' shiznit. I find this not at all true, at least up to level 44.
How is higher leveling monk tanking?
I also read monk tanks are gonna get some steroids via buffs?

where did you "read" those things?

because none of them are true. So you might wanna update your "information feed".

monks probably have the highest overall threat of all tanks, and the reason for the laughter is that monks also happen to have the skill with the highest aoe threat in the game: Keg Smash.

You can often steal other tanks threat (by steal I mean completely stomp their threat) even if you start 10 sec later on the aoe pull (single target it's another story, since all tanks have a solid single target threat generation). That's how strong Keg smash is on aoe.

And monks are not getting steroids on next patch. They are getting slightly buffed (very .. very slightly .. they are just fixing some minor pending issues). And that's about it.
Edited by Leeflow on 2/25/2013 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Gewbers.
"Read" it all on some General Chat thread, here on Blizz's site.
*shrug*

Thanks for the info, and itching to get back to my ankle-biter. Plenty of room for those hunters to shoot kneecaps...
*thumbsup*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/25/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Chuin
I'm wondering how tanking is on the higher level end. I read elsewhere that monk tanks -can't- hold aggro fo' shiznit.

Heh.

Hehheh.

HAHAHAHAH.

HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAH.

/faint

Lol. Brewmaster is one of the most interactive classes/specs I've played, and it's immensely rewarding to play it well. You can even play it decently, and still do well.

But a bad Brewmaster... that's a terrible thing to have to heal.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Don't read anything on General forums seriously ever.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Monk
Monks are worst tanks possible.

I pull threat off my other tanks all the time.

I don't ever have enough vengeance because I rarely get hit.

Seriously. Worst tanks.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Rogue

Seriously. Worst tanks.

If you pull threat that easily, why does vengeance even matter? Vengeance is there for threat, and if you have no threat issues, you shouldn't complain.
Edited by Chubstabby on 2/27/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Seriously. Worst tanks.

If you pull threat that easily, why does vengeance even matter? Vengeance is there for threat, and if you have no threat issues, you shouldn't complain.

Sarcasm is sarcasm is sarcasm is sarcasm. Just so you know.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Monk at high level provide very high threat, really hard to lose aggro. If monk tank lose aggro, mean the monk have done serious mistake.

Keg smash, SCK give very high threat.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I appreciate the tank love, but with all do respect a Death Knight running blood is the best tank choice!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I appreciate the tank love, but with all do respect a Death Knight running blood is the best tank choice!

liez
Reply Quote
I'm not there yet but I'm having a blast so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]