WOW RP Theory (Please read)

Are you tired of dying IC and then RPing a boring resurrection just so you can keep RPing your character? Well.. I am! So I devised a theory to try and find a way around it. Of course, I do it on my mage on another server. I just want to know if it is right, if not, to find another way.

DISCLAIMER: I am not doing this for the public. If you want to use it, do as you please, but I am doing this for the sake of my character and his 'story'.

Ill type this step by step. First, I will explain some other WOW short theories and some other in-game/lore sources, then I will tell you my own.
-The Second Well of Eternity is a massive pool of water infused with raw magic at the base of the World Tree. Coveted by demons, warlocks, and many mages, the well is currently the greatest source of arcane magic in the world. While the World Tree's powers have suppressed the corrupting nature of this magic for centuries, if the tree were ever destroyed, this Well would be the source of unfathomable power to an evil creature powerful enough to wield it.
-Illidan Stormrage took 7 Vials of water from the Well before it was destroyed at the Battle of Zin'Azshari. At this time, 6 of the seven vials have been accounted for, and speculation points to the holder of the last. The first, second and third vials accounted for were used to create a second Well of Eternity, at the base of Nordrassil. The fourth and fifth vials were held by Illidan's lieutenants, the naga Lady Vashj and the blood elf summoner of Kil'jaeden the Deceiver, Kael'thas Sunstrider, until the Scale of the Sands recruited adventurers to take back the remnants. Those vials are now in the hands of Soridormi, prime mate of Nozdormu. The sixth and final accounted for Vial was used in the creation of the Sunwell, formerly held by the first lord of the high elven race, Dath'remar Sunstrider. Speculation about the final vial remnant points to its original host, Illidan Stormrage. It is unknown whether or not he was in possession of it at the time of his death at the former Temple of Karabor, Black Temple.
-After taking a look at the theory of the "Return of Illidan" it directs us towards the path of the "Ressurection Of Medivh". Medivh was a powerful magi who was ressurected by His mother, by using the power of magic and arcane. How did this happen? Well, a ritual was held in which Medivh's body was sent between dimensions on the twisting neather in order
to bring a parallel one back to the world of Azeroth. Of course, this wouldn't have been possible without Medivh's spirit, and that is how his spirit/conscience was put inside that parallel body.
As I explained before, with a high amount of arcane energy and a powerful host it is possible to send/bring powerful beings through the twisting neather (In-game explanation: Summons, Portals, gates) What do I need? A high amount of arcane, a powerful host/s, and another world other than Azeroth. The Mage is located at Outlands in constant search for the high amounts of scattered sources of raw arcane energy (The arcane vaults. Mana tombs).Having the source of arcane, now all I need is to divide the energy into several hosts which is where the construct enters. Making arcane constructs is not rocket science in the world of warcraft (In-game Example: Book Of Arcane Magics: Illusion Book: "The former archmage Jandice Barov - may her soul rest in peace - was an excellent example of a talented illusionist. In life, she developed a spell that displayed several images of her body that were nearly indistinguishable from her real form. These images duplicated her actions from different locations, making it nearly impossible for her enemies to find her. It was almost infallible. Which brings me to another lesson - almost is simply not good enough.") , using the construct as a host and filling it with those high amounts of arcane energy combined with my own gives me the power of making the construct exactly like me and sending it through the twisting neather into Azeroth. This works as long as I am in a different world/phase than the image, in order to maintain it functioning (Just like a puppet).
Edited by Arokk on 2/28/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
The only way to kill "The Mage" is to travel into the "second phase", as I like to call it and kill the real one. After the image is destroyed "The Mage" will take some time while gathering the materials and preparing himself to make a new one. After a while I will direct a campaign to kill 'The Mage" and make a great ending like other well known villains of my realm. "I do not claim to be well-known or a villain".
-I require high amounts of arcane energy, which I get from scatered raw sources of arcane (Arcane voults for example.)
-I dont do this in order to be better than anyone.. more like an excuse to keep Rping my character without having a boring and non-creative in-character ressurection.

Sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes.. Ill revise it later :P
Edited by Arokk on 2/28/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
02/26/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Arokk
But I do claim to have the power to create an exact copy of myself on another dimension/Realm.

Are you a PTR server?

02/26/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Arokk
IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Not qualified enough to say since I am having trouble understanding where you are getting your sources from. At the same time I'm confused as to why something like this is needed? Does your character die a lot? Or is this to give your character an excuse to die a lot?
Reply Quote
Mm.. Well.. The reason is: creativity.
No, my character doesn't die a lot.. But if he does, I don't want to 'resurect' him. I want it to be permanent.. So that is the reason why i'm doing this. While still being safe from RPing my character after his image is fatally injured in RP, I can spare the resurection and keep the RP and gigantic storyline of my guild going. :) Besides, I plan on holding a BIG public event regarding my characters death as well as another reason/objective even greater (But I wont say it to keep people interested. Word: "Intrigue") :D

I am getting my sources from: --In-game WOW books and quests. Public Forums that once reached the "most active" section; as well as getting approved by Lore Experts in Blizzcon (2010 or 2011 i think). Wowhead, Wowwiki, and my personal string web :P I put all the sources together into one single theory to appeal to my cause.
Edited by Arokk on 2/26/2013 10:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
02/26/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Arokk
I want it to be permanent.

While still being safe from RPing my character after his image is fatally injured in RP, I can spare the resurection and keep the RP and gigantic storyline of my guild going.

These two statements contradict each other to the point that I'm not sure what you are trying to put across. You are for permanent character death yet you still want a backup to resurrect with anyways?

Also running guild events and such can be done with alts, or race changing or just generally changing a toon around. Even as simple as changing their appearance at a barber shop, adding another MRP entry over the other one and RP a stock character that doesn't matter what happens to.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I RP resurrection in game. It is merely the <insert your deity here>'s grace that reunites your soul with your body, healed so that you may fight for <insert faction/world/personal favorite> again. It's reflexive on your part, the flight of soul to flesh, unless there is something that would disrupt this.

Such issues as: it is possible that you loose faith in your gifted abilities and therefore actually pass or acquire permanent injury. The bones are a chilling reminder of this. There can be incorrectly applied healing as well.

The only problem I see with your solution is that it leaves no room for others. The goal of my solution is to a) keep with the game mechanic as close as possible & b) keep an open framework to allow other RPers that wish to RP war injuries and the like.

The bottom line however is that, no, I would not shun you. :)
Reply Quote
Right.. Let me write it a bit simpler:

-My character WILL die permanently, but the one who will is the REAL one (The one in Outlands, as I explained in the 5th paragraph.
-I don't want to resurrect him IF he dies. The one dying in Azeroth is a FAKE one, an image, an arcane construct (explained in paragraph #5)
-One my storyline reached Outlands, the REAL one dies.
-The REAL one cant be at the same place/world/dimension/realm as the FAKE one. (Paragraph 5, last sentence)
Reply Quote
Hmm.. Well Mossclaw, the point is that i'm not doing this for others to do it. I'm doing this to take part of my character's abilities. If someone else wants to do it.. ok. It is MY solution for death, not one i'm designing for the public.
Reply Quote
I would LOVE to answer all your questions on the topic! All I ask is for you to answer mine, you can include it at the end of your reply :P
Like Mossclaw:

02/26/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Mossclàw
The bottom line however is that, no, I would not shun you. :)

Is this possible or not?
Edited by Arokk on 2/26/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
That made a little bit more sense but I'm not sure on the plausibility of it. Then again dimensions aren't talked about a lot in Warcraft other than Elemental Planes and Demon Portals. At the same time it just seems like a lot of unnecessary explaining if someones doesn't get what you are doing.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/26/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Arokk
Hmm.. Well Mossclaw, the point is that i'm not doing this for others to do it. I'm doing this to take part of my character's abilities. If someone else wants to do it.. ok. It is MY solution for death, not one i'm designing for the public.

Are you tired of dying IC and then RPing a boring resurrection just so you can keep RPing your character? Well.. I am! So I devised a theory to try and find a way around it. Of course, I do it on my mage on another server. I just want to know if it is right, if not, to find another way.

Sorry, I read the above as an open question with a proposed solution for everyone tired of dying and RP'ing a "boring resurrection" (not that I know what that means). My mistake.
Reply Quote
Hyenastep: Alright.. Just take the word "Dimension" out... Yeah, you are right, unnecessary explaining, but still i'm bored and I want to do it just in case :P

Mossclaw: Yeah I got it after your response :P I added something so people wont get confused.

Would YOU stop RPing with someone who is fun, a great friend OOC, and a good RPer IC because he is doing this? Or would you accept it?
Edited by Arokk on 2/26/2013 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
02/26/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Arokk
Alright.. Just take the word "Dimension" out...

Then what would you call it?

Would YOU stop RPing with someone who is fun, a great friend OOC, and a good RP IC because he is doing this? Or would you accept it?

That's an extreme way to look at it, I'd question their motives, knowledge and where they would be pulling this information from if anywhere and see how I help. I wouldn't flat out accept it nor would I shun for it.
Reply Quote
Hyenastep: I would call it the same way Illidan called Outlands during the BC trailed "Realm (Or world for the sake of LORE and RP)".
-Extreme.. of course..
-My motives? I explained them all during the 5th,6th and all paragraphs after that...
-A general motive? For the sake of my storyline and just in case.
-Where I am pulling the info from? I already told you, or do you mean IC? Well.. I have my reasons IC but I cannot say them in the forum since it would ruin the Storyline for at least 50 people who are currently participating in it.
Edited by Arokk on 2/26/2013 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
When I say where you are getting this info from I mean specific sources. Saying just something like 'wowwiki' is vague (beside the point that wowwiki isn't that great vs. wowpedia, whole different argument). The only thing I've seen so far that sounds like what you are talking about is Pocket Dimensions which are created by extremely powerful mages or many mages of multitudes.

And just for reference, Outlands is the remains of the planet Draenor after being teleported into the Nether.

Here is the part on Pocket Dimensions: http://www.wowpedia.org/Plane

Right under Great Dark Beyond if you want to see if that might be what you are talking about?
Reply Quote
All I ask for is for you to tell me if my theory is correct or not, so I can find another way.. Would YOU get mad and 'ragequit' if you find out a friendly Rper is doing this?

Nope, though I wouldn't encourage it at all for public roleplay or larger-scale events if you're not prepared to deal with the potential of a lot of heat. As a concept it's quite far left-field, to the degree that I don't think I'd publicly roleplay it, myself, and save something like that for a guild event if your guildies are all interested in the storyline.

The other concern I have is that you wish to create:

Besides, I plan on holding a BIG public event regarding my characters death

When you have large events, you want the least amount of confusion as possible - and I'll not lie at all: I roleplay some pretty bizarre/zany/convoluted concepts, but they're still not quite half so confusing as I find this one. That's likely to really make the playing field for everyone not be very level at all, and it tends to be a bad idea to make public events about your personal character. When you're telling a story it's one thing, but when you're sharing a story with the public, it tends to elicit poor response if it feels scripted or focussed on one person, as it takes away the feeling of contributing anything other than bit parts. People tend to want their characters to be important when they're involved in these sort of stories, or able to contribute in a meaningful way, but the way that it's been outlined here seems to suggest that the other players are props for a story, rather than equal partners in telling the story.

Just some concerns from foibles I've seen (and errors I have made myself) in the past for consideration.

But no, I wouldn't disregard any roleplay concept, unless it was something that overstepped boundaries in a hurtful manner OOC. Unique (and downright weird, even!) concepts don't bug me at all, as long as I feel the other person is respectful.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The biggest, most easy way to avoid death/resurrection garbage is simple: Don't put yourself into a position where you would be the target to be killed.

Don't go around stabbing or igniting people.
Don't go around claiming to be X of the Y.
Don't go around doing things illegal.
Don't go around sleeping with married women.

The list goes on and on. "But Mal, that doesn't sound interesting at all! I don't like single women!" You may say, but there are things one can do in RP without making it a hero/villain issue or some conflict that results in violence, nor does it have to be some derpy flowery huggy-lovey bull!@#$ either.

Besides, Death isn't that permanent 'round these parts, ESPECIALLY if you're a human. Jus' takes a little bit of magic pixie dust from our inherited Val'kyr and bam, good as new.
Reply Quote
The character to which I am referring to is not human, he is a Draenei.
When you are in a military, evil, cult, clan, or whatever type of guild in which RP fighting plays an important part.. you -are- going to die most likely :P (Unless you are a GREAT rp fighter and everyone agrees to let you live for whatever reason)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
My opinion is, if you want to resurrect someone you need to earn it. A bunch of gold's worth in Diamond Dust and a few negative levels depending on what level of spell you use. And even then, you have to have x number of levels in your class in order to cast Raise Dead, True Resurrection, etc.

This gives death a cost and meaning. Otherwise, why would anyone stay dead from fighting? From there, you can go through any number of different storylines to have a resurrection take place and create interesting and engaging stories to do so with.
Edited by Sinlinara on 2/27/2013 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
This honestly seems a bit needlessly complicated.

I think it would be simpler to Occam's Razor it and just either make it so he's not dead, just severely injured in those sort of situations. Or it's an alternate timeline. Or whatever. If you want a permanent character but don't want to die, it's a bit of a contradiction. For private plots you can either simply RP a resurrection or just not mash all the deaths into the same character history.

I honestly get confused by how often people seem to go for dying/death/getting killed situations on one character o_ o.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]