WOW RP Theory (Please read)

Well.. Yeah.. It is complicated and maybe unnecessary.. but I like it :)
Besides.. I already have it, so why not use it?
Reply Quote
This honestly seems a bit needlessly complicated.

I think it would be simpler to Occam's Razor it and just either make it so he's not dead, just severely injured in those sort of situations. Or it's an alternate timeline. Or whatever. If you want a permanent character but don't want to die, it's a bit of a contradiction. For private plots you can either simply RP a resurrection or just not mash all the deaths into the same character history.

I honestly get confused by how often people seem to go for dying/death/getting killed situations on one character o_ o.

I've friends that have died up to... 20 times.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well, it works for Dr. Doom. Why not?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

...Then why ask? It sounds like even if people do not think it is viable, you are going to do it anyway because you like it.

Personally, I think it is a bit over the top and ridiculous. If I knew about it beforehand, yes, I would avoid getting wrapped up in anything with that character. If I found out after, I would remove myself from connection with them. There is a great deal of difference between Medivh's one-time resurrection and someone making multiple copies of themselves. Janice Barov made illusions that mimicked her actions; they were not thinking, intelligent constructs. I think the scenario you are setting up is a lot more silly than just a 'boring old resurrection' using the game-lore for such things.

You're naturally welcome to do whatever you enjoy. I'm not someone to post MRPs and make fun of people, or stand on corners and go "This person is bad because xyz" but the scenario isn't one I'd want to be a part of. Thus, I would avoid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
A certain friend of mine kept expressing a desire to bring back my orc shaman, who was duped and thrown off a cliff to his death.

I refuse each and every time. If I kill off a character, I would not cheapen their death by bringing them back to life. Just how I see it.
Reply Quote
Interesting..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

More seriously, did you just want validation? It's okay to want that, and I will be happy to validate this theory. I will validate the hell out of it. But please be more upfront about that.
Reply Quote
Validation? Well.. yes, of course, why wouldn't I? But more important, I want to know if it is lore wise. You see.. I read in many threads that people in this realm value creativity and unique personality instead of the average, so I made this, and now.. I get close minded responses. Anyways, that is not the point, I want to know if it is lore wise. If it is, then I do it, if it is not and you prove it, then I will throw it into the public garbage and do it only with people who are interested in the story (Unless you think it is ok to do it anyways :) )
Thanks for your time :)
Edited by Arokk on 2/28/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Arokk
I get close minded responses.

Don't confuse lore abiding with close mindedness. You are the one that came here asking for support.

If you want the best possible answer I would recommend you go to Moon Guard and ask Hallington on the Alliance. If anyone knows anything and everything about lore it's him.

He either goes by Hallington or Hallinton. He is a human rogue.
Reply Quote
I am not talking about you, Hyena. I do not like to point fingers, but I am talking about those who say "no" without saying "why". You're answer was really helpful to me, and I thank you for that. :)
And as far as I know.. I am not abiding lore, that is the reason why I am here.. to make sure.
Reply Quote
My suggestions still stands if you want plausibility. I asked Hallinton pre-Mists about my Holy Strider concept and he offered very good suggestions and was able to help me stay as close to Lore as possible.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Is it creative? Most definitely.

Is it something that I'm interested in personally? No, but if it is something you want to do then I'm not going to tell you that you cannot.

But what you are asking for is if it is 'correct'. To be honest, there is no correct way to do things. Role-Play, in general, has always just been a bunch of people getting together and making !@#$ up. If it is something that your friends enjoy and are interested in, then you don't need validation from us to tell you that it is correct.

That aside, I haven't seen anyone in this thread be specifically closed minded. In general, most people seem to have just given their own opinions and offered criticism.

I would also suggest that you might get a little better feedback if you use phrasing that is less confusing. It seems as if most people who are responding to this thread are on the confused side as to what your intents are. I've personally had to repeatedly go back and read over your OP and I still am not entirely certain about what you are meaning to describe.
As well, I don't know what you are asking for when you say you want to know if it is "lore wise". Do you want to know if it is wise in relation to the lore? Do you want to know if it is okay or generally acceptable to do? Or do you want something else entirely?
Reply Quote
Right.. I apologize, I may have seen it the wrong way.

I would also suggest that you might get a little better feedback if you use phrasing that is less confusing. It seems as if most people who are responding to this thread are on the confused side as to what your intents are.

I will try my best to make it a little less confusing, thanks for the suggestion.

Do you want to know if it is wise in relation to the lore? Do you want to know if it is okay or generally acceptable to do? Or do you want something else entirely?

Well.. A little of everything.
I want to know If I am not completely breaking lore. I may have some 'small' ruptures, but I don't want to break a big portion. Yes, I want to know if it is acceptable to do it.

I understand that roleplay is meant for you to create, but I don't want people to run away from me when I try to RP with them. I feel that I am a good RPer and I know my lore, I try not to break it, and I try to offer long storylines to the public.. but this is the one thing I want to do for myself. I feel that it fits perfectly into my character's storyline, and of course.. i don't want to change it, but I will if I must.

So that is the reason I brought it here. First, I posted it on Moonguard, and I didn't get much response, but the ones I got.. approved it (I think. I have to go back and read it :P)
Then, to make sure, I brought it here to my server, to make sure it is right and no one will shun it, or me for doing it.

So, the questions are:
-Does it break or evade lore (The physics of WOW, or whatever)? (If yes, prove it; or tell me how to fix it)
-Would you avoid all RP with my character JUST because I do this?
-Do you approve it?

Thanks for your time :)
Edited by Arokk on 2/28/2013 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The problem that I've come to see with questions regarding "lore-bending" is that you (and I) am asking someone who is very invested in Lore from a cannon viewpoint to set aside everything they believe in and play "What if?". There are not many people with that kind of flexibility as you are asking them to run directly counter to what they are invested in.

If Hallington/Hallinton pans out, let me know!
Reply Quote
Right, I am not asking for something that happened. I think everyone in this game knows Warcraft lore because of its "history books", in other words. I am asking something that, from the point of view of the real world, would enter the field of "physics", the try and see what happens style. Of course.. I cannot try it. So I rely on the people's knowledge of the history of the game to go deep in what they know, even if it's a little, of the field of physics (Of the game) and tell me if they -think- this -would break it-.

02/28/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Mossclàw
If Hallington/Hallinton pans out, let me know!

Thanks, Ill create a character on Moonguard right now, and see what he has to say. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]