Our current guild progression is 15/16N 5.1 content, 3/12N ToT.
We are a mixed group of male and female adults seeking fellow dedicated raiders to progress through Throne of Thunder. We are now also actively seeking PvPers to join our ranks.
Our raid schedule is Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 8pm-11pm Eastern time (server time).
Our current class recruitment needs for our core team are (Updated April 19):
Melee dps: None
Ranged dps: Warlock
Healers: Disc priest
Exceptional applicants from class/specs not listed are encouraged to contact an officer. We are now also seeking reserve and casual raiders for back up slots.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to kill some bad guys (and maybe some good guys) and earn some gear at a high level.
- A guild of friendly, like-minded people who enjoy the balance between focus and having fun.
- The standard 'guild bank, tabard, mumble server' package.
What we expect:
- Minimum 500 ilvl for core positions. High level raid experience is a plus, but not necessarily required. To be combined with the next point...
- Willingness to look up strats and understand the raid you're going into. We're not wiping for an hour because you didn't watch a 7 minute youtube guide. Though we cover mechanics before the pull (along with assignments and cooldown rotations as needed), you should know what we're talking about before the 'don't stand in fire' speech.
- Understanding of your class and spec, and the changes patches bring. Getting buffed, getting nerfed, changes to spells? You need to know your class. Not seeking out theorycrafters, but if you don't know your own stat priority, it's a problem. Constructive criticism comes into this, too. We won't be pulling apart your rotation, but if you're standing in fire and falling behind, we'll expect a mature response to a discussion about it. No feet stomping and "You're not my real dad!" here.
- Commitment. We all know that sometimes life hits you in the face, but we expect you to turn up to raid on time and ready unless there's a good reason. "I had to walk my cat" is not a good reason.
- Using Mumble and appropriate add-ons. We expect our raiders to be able to communicate during combat, so willingness to voice talk is a must. Usage of DBM is also mandatory, with the expectation of class/role-dependent add-ons used appropriately. If you can dispel quickly without decursive, all power to you. If you can't, we expect you to have it.
- Adhering to our guild's 'Do's and Don'ts'. Raids don't function without respect for your fellow raiders. We need to be holding to a common goal, with a common way of getting to it. If you have a hard time not treating your guildies well, and not listening to your raid leaders, then this probably isn't the guild for you. We don't rule with an iron fist, nor do we make everyone group hug (unless we've downed a progression boss, then maybe...) but we do expect our raiders to work well together.
Exceptional applicant but don't meet one/some of these requirements? Speak to an officer if you're still interested and we'll see what we can do for you.
We are looking to add PvP'ers to our happy little family for rated battlegrounds, arena and the like. A number of us are active pvp'ers and we are keen to continue this on Area 52. We have a dedicated PvP officer and rank, and a number of our raiders are pvp'ers in their off-time. We'd like to see a regular guild rbg group happening, and we already have arena teams going.
We're friendly, we don't stand in fire, and some of us sound cute on Mumble. If it sounds like you'll fit in, please stop by http://area52defiant.enjin.com/ and drop in a quick application.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our officers Mercurîous (battletag Enosh#1922) or Ogrïm in-game, or reply to this post with the easiest way to get in touch with you for a chat.