Character Transfer

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
I've had a server transfer going for some time now. Haven't seen this take this long. Can someone check whats going on?
Same here
44 Draenei Priest
Me too :(
Support Forum Agent
I've had a server transfer going for some time now. Haven't seen this take this long. Can someone check whats going on?

I am not aware of any particular issues at the moment. From what I can see it looks like your character service is awaiting payment confirmation.

It appears you do not have a billing profile set in your payment options, which could be the reason.

Once you set that up visit the History/Status page for your character transfer and see if you need to finalize anything.

02/27/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Broform
Same here

Broform, yours may be due to the method of payment you are using as they tend to take a little longer on occasion.

02/27/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Zaylaa
Me too :(

Make sure that you set your method of payment as the primary and visit the same link I provided for the history/status page.

That isn't to say that there isn't a delay of some kind, but I would start there, and I'll keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
Thanks for the update but I use PayPal all the time and it never takes this long. I even had a GM cancel it and I retried it since I originally started it at 3pm pst.
I'm experiencing the same thing. I even see the payment taken from my card.
1 Night Elf Warrior
I've had a server transfer pending for hours now, too. I usually pay with just credit card info and it goes through in minutes, but I used paypal this time and I'm still waiting. However, I got a confirmation/receipt from paypal and my bank account linked to paypal has also been charged.. what's the deal?
Support Forum Agent
02/27/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Broform
Thanks for the update but I use PayPal all the time and it never takes this long. I even had a GM cancel it and I retried it since I originally started it at 3pm pst.

I understand that you may not have had a delay in the past but that doesn't mean that they do not happen. That there are several reports of such delays, with differing payment methods, may indicate that there is an issue but it is important not to simply claim it is so and ignore all other possibilities and troubleshooting advice.
90 Gnome Priest
Been waiting for 5 hours too, cancelled the pending order and got rid of an old card from my payment options, and retried the transfer. Still waiting.
90 Pandaren Monk
yeah same here, server transfer and still pending for about 3 hr's now.
90 Human Paladin
I've been waiting for a faction change, nothing to finalize either.
Support Forum Agent
I'm experiencing the same thing. I even see the payment taken from my card.

To clarify, the funds have not been "taken" they are only held. That is part of the normal online purchase. When you initiate a service our systems contact your bank, checks the payment method and ensures that the funds are available. If they are, the bank will put a hold on the funds while the purchase request is processing.
88 Draenei Shaman
Vrakthris,

can you please look at this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7978879651.

Multiple people are having issues. Me being one of them. I've done numerous transactions with Blizzard, and they have all gone through in a short period of time. I have done nothing different from the last. Even using the same card. Has taken over 3 hours.

Something is clearly up because I have a copy of this character on my character select list. However, the name is a bit odd. It's BoomboACDF90.
Edited by Boomboôm on 2/27/2013 6:58 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Boomboôm
However, the name is a bit odd. It's BoomboACDF90.

If that's on your character select screen, that usually means someone on that server already has that name and you have to log in to the character and rename it.
90 Pandaren Monk
the name is odd cuz someone has that name on the server maybe? so you will have to rename but yeah i have that as well for mine, funny thing is i used same payment to activate my account about 2 min before doing the transfer and it worked.
90 Pandaren Hunter
It doesn't matter what type of service you're talking about whether it be your ISP, Cable, Phone, or even WoW. The problem is always on our end, until enough people report the issue.

Not saving a payment option as your primary should not affect any type of transfer service in any way. If I don't want to save my credit card information in my account I shouldn't have to, especially when the money has already been taken.
88 Draenei Shaman
02/27/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Veyy
If that's on your character select screen, that usually means someone on that server already has that name and you have to log in to the character and rename it.

I have two of these exact characters. One with that odd name, and one with the name I'm posting on now. I purchased a faction change, but yet the one with the funny name is an exact copy of this character. Not even a horde character. Note: I am trying to faction change to horde. Not from horde to alliance.
Edited by Boomboôm on 2/27/2013 7:01 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I have two of these exact characters. One with that odd name, and one with the name I'm posting on now. I purchased a faction change, but yet the one with the funny name is an exact copy of this character. Not even a horde character. Note: I am trying to faction change to horde. Not from horde to alliance.

If I were you I'd totally log onto that character just to see what's up, but that may not be such a good idea.
88 Draenei Shaman
02/27/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Veyy
If I were you I'd totally log onto that character just to see what's up, but that may not be such a good idea.

Thought about it, but I don't want to make things worse.
90 Pandaren Monk
must be something wrong. No blue post anymore
Edited by Ironpaws on 2/27/2013 7:08 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]