Character Transfer

(Locked)

90 Worgen Hunter
The GM response I got says contrary to your post. Ticket US35847841.

"We sadly are experiencing some delays with paid services right now. They are currently backlogged and we hope to have these processing normally soon. My apologies for the delay and inconvenience. "

My status has been pending for almost 5 hours now. No email mentioning my purchase either.
90 Pandaren Monk
ty for the info Skhope. Better then what the blue was giving us.
36 Pandaren Monk
I am sure there is something wrong with this. Go check it out. I am since 5 pm trying to transfer. Already tried to pay with my credit card, it did not work. Now I am trying to pay with paypal, same thing.

Edit: when I say it did not work it means I paid and it says pending forever and I used the same credit card to pay many things in the blizz store and services, including transfers, before.
Edited by Kagaho on 2/27/2013 7:22 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
The GM response I got says contrary to your post. Ticket US35847841.

"We sadly are experiencing some delays with paid services right now. They are currently backlogged and we hope to have these processing normally soon. My apologies for the delay and inconvenience. "

My status has been pending for almost 5 hours now. No email mentioning my purchase either.

This doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the system. The process can become backlogged at times. This is even called out in the FAQ, where it actually states that while it should normally only take a few minutes it can take up to several days to process. If Vrak said that there is no reported problem then there is no problem with the system and it is just taking longer then normal right now.

If there were a problem with the system then the processes would be failing.
I understand the process, didn't convey my thoughts very well with the statement I made. The charge is in fact *pending* on my account.

I canceled my original transfer request and submitted another. I see the pending fee for the second request now also, so we know that part is working.
90 Pandaren Shaman
5 hours waiting on my transfer :/
Support Forum Agent
02/27/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Slowelk
It doesn't matter what type of service you're talking about whether it be your ISP, Cable, Phone, or even WoW. The problem is always on our end, until enough people report the issue.

No, Slowelf, it is not. But basic troubleshooting steps are helpful to eliminate possible causes. Additionally, more examples are always better as the information helps us to determine what the issue may be.

02/27/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Boomboôm
Something is clearly up because I have a copy of this character on my character select list. However, the name is a bit odd. It's BoomboACDF90.

That part is normal. It can occur when the name on the destination realm is taken but it also happens while a character service is processing, like a faction change, as both the pre-character and post-character exist at the same time while it is still going through the service.

02/27/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Ironpaws
must be something wrong. No blue post anymore

A blue post or lack of one isn't indicative of anything wrong, Ironpaws.

02/27/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Skhope
The GM response I got says contrary to your post.

Not necessarily. How quickly a character service is processed has a lot to do with how busy that system is. It can only process so many at a time so it can become backed up. That doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, only that it is busy.

The Game Master was aware that folks have been experiencing a delay, but again that doesn't mean that there is an issue with the service.

The information has already been forwarded and is under investigation. If I receive additional information I'll be happy to pass it along.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Correction, I've been listed as "Queued" for 5 hours now
90 Draenei Priest
Same is happening to me. The GM response I got was somewhat ambiguous ("After looking into your characer transfer, it appears there may be some delays at the moment with character services. It appears to be just awaiting the payment to go through. Sorry for any inconvenience."), but since I am certain my payment info is correct, my billing profile filled in and funds are sufficient, I will assume it's out of my control and just a long, long delay.
Edited by Aliendra on 2/27/2013 7:37 PM PST
62 Blood Elf Death Knight
You guys are not alone, another 2 page thead here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7978879651
90 Undead Rogue
Been waiting 6 hours.
Support Forum Agent
Alright, I created a thread and stickied it to provide a centralized place for updates.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979899479
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]