5.2 RBG Holy or Discipline? (PvP Discussion)

90 Undead Priest
Hello im Shadow Priest and looking to change on 5.2 to healer. But i never healer before so i dunno whit one is best for rbg, tell me a little about those 2 specs? Sorry for the bad english
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy
I play Holy in RBGs in 5.1 and always top healing meters. Holy is a powerful raid healer but in 5.1 we are the most fragile of all healers. In 5.2 we gain Focused will the same buff disc gets. That will take away that frailness and put us as one of the most requested healers in RBG.

Disc
Disc priest is being pushed further into the realm of being a pure protection healer. I think a properly played 5.2 disc priest will be very powerful in preventing damage and stopping health drop in it's tracks. Where I see problems with disc is being a preventative healer they may have mana issues still as in 5.1.

Would you bring both a Holy priest and a Disc priest to a RBG. I believe so, Holy take the roll of throughput AOE healer and Disc damage prevention and targeted saves. Sack that with a strong single target healer and you have a great healing back bone. I am not saying leave other healers out and that this is the best comp, only that it's viable.

Good luck in your choice. :-)
Edited by Nighttstorm on 2/28/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you are top healing meters I bet there isn´t a Holy Paladin or a Shammie to compete with you, or if there is he is very very very terribad.

No Disc will have space in any RBGs with the current nerf. In the state we are there will be no hope.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'll be playing Holy again in 5.2. Focused Will is going to make us a force to be reckoned with. Six second feathers are going to be super OP at getting people across the field, closing gaps, etc. I have mixed feelings about the Chakra changes and will miss Diamond Soul, but I'm going to play around with the Chakra changes and see how I like it. It does mean more keybinds though, as if I don't already have enough!

Mahadev, no offense, but it sounds as though you've never seen a decent Holy Priest rock a BG. I regularly beat similarly geared Pallies, Druids and Shammies on the meters. Holy AOE heals are really good with Renew rolling/refreshing via Cascade, COH and ProM. Not to mention LoS Hymn and Lightspring.

I didn't RBG at all this season due to the squishiness, but when Focused Will hits, I'm going to be looking for a team. Here's to hoping people recognize Holy Priests in 5.2!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'll be playing Holy again in 5.2. Focused Will is going to make us a force to be reckoned with. Six second feathers are going to be super OP at getting people across the field, closing gaps, etc. I have mixed feelings about the Chakra changes and will miss Diamond Soul, but I'm going to play around with the Chakra changes and see how I like it. It does mean more keybinds though, as if I don't already have enough!

Mahadev, no offense, but it sounds as though you've never seen a decent Holy Priest rock a BG. I regularly beat similarly geared Pallies, Druids and Shammies on the meters. Holy AOE heals are really good with Renew rolling/refreshing via Cascade, COH and ProM. Not to mention LoS Hymn and Lightspring.

I didn't RBG at all this season due to the squishiness, but when Focused Will hits, I'm going to be looking for a team. Here's to hoping people recognize Holy Priests in 5.2!

Are you playing at the PTR?

Btw...I´m talking more about Disc Priests.

So to answer the thread´s question...go HOLY! Holy >>>> Disc priests after focused will implemented.
Edited by Mahadev on 2/28/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Holy
I play Holy in RBGs in 5.1 and always top healing meters. Holy is a powerful raid healer but in 5.1 we are the most fragile of all healers. In 5.2 we gain Focused will the same buff disc gets. That will take away that frailness and put us as one of the most requested healers in RBG.

Disc
Disc priest is being pushed further into the realm of being a pure protection healer. I think a properly played 5.2 disc priest will be very powerful in preventing damage and stopping health drop in it's tracks. Where I see problems with disc is being a preventative healer they may have mana issues still as in 5.1.

Would you bring both a Holy priest and a Disc priest to a RBG. I believe so, Holy take the roll of throughput AOE healer and Disc damage prevention and targeted saves. Sack that with a strong single target healer and you have a great healing back bone. I am not saying leave other healers out and that this is the best comp, only that it's viable.

Good luck in your choice. :-)

thanks bro nice post i will try both but will focus more on holy
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Anybody that thinks holy can easily be outheal'd are misguided to say the least. The bg scoreboard only shows you your healing done. It doesn't show you absorbs, or overhealing done. Which if that was factor'd in we can easily double or triple the healing of shamans that have no absorbs. In my experience, The only thing that can pretty easily overrun us all around is mw monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/01/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Deliriium
Anybody that thinks holy can easily be outheal'd are misguided to say the least. The bg scoreboard only shows you your healing done. It doesn't show you absorbs, or overhealing done. Which if that was factor'd in we can easily double or triple the healing of shamans that have no absorbs. In my experience, The only thing that can pretty easily overrun us all around is mw monks.

I haven't seen a whole lot of MW, the ones I have seen went oom.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Disc will still be vulnerable to offensive dispels, more than any healer. Until this is addressed i dont see them viable in large grp pvp that may have many offensive dispellers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you are top healing meters I bet there isn´t a Holy Paladin or a Shammie to compete with you, or if there is he is very very very terribad.

No Disc will have space in any RBGs with the current nerf. In the state we are there will be no hope.

Holy can easily outheal hpal/rsham in large battles. U really hardly have to even try. Hpriest in a ctf map clash can seriously hurt a hpal/rshams feelings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I tell you what, I still can't get in groups on live for RBG. They don't want a priest healer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/01/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Nighttstorm
I tell you what, I still can't get in groups on live for RBG. They don't want a priest healer.

Lol ya. Outside that ctf or gilneas ww clash, priest healers are too prone to get gibbed
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's all in how you play. Are we more susceptible than most healers? maybe but that just means you need to play in the back with your group between you and the enemy. When you get pulled in or focused use some CDs and get back out if they chase you and over extend it will open up opportunity for a kill. My healing is very strong in RBGs as holy, we can poor out some massive heals and saves. You just have to know that your no paladin standing up in the front lines and your group should be ready to peel you. Holy priest is a very good RBG healer and Disc in 5.2 will be also.
Edited by Nighttstorm on 3/1/2013 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
03/01/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Nighttstorm
It's all in how you play. Are we more susceptible than most healers? maybe but that just means you need to play in the back with your group between you and the enemy. When you get pulled in or focused use some CDs and get back out if they chase you and over extend it will open up opportunity for a kill. My healing is very strong in RBGs as holy, we can poor out some massive heals and saves. You just have to know that your no paladin standing up in the front lines and your group should be ready to peel you. Holy priest is a very good RBG healer and Disc in 5.2 will be also.

Translation: You're golden as a priest, as long as nobody's attacking you. It's why the spec is broken for PvP.
Edited by Ticktacktick on 3/1/2013 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/01/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Jovial
You guys do realize that healing meters mean nothing in RBGs, right?

Meters don't mean your a good pvper but they can give you a good idea on if you are putting out a good amount of heals. Since a lot of people use them as a baseline of how someone is doing they do mean something. I bet you a good mass of people don't like disc priests because they don't see them topping the meters in blizzards logs, since they don't count absorbs and over healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]