Do You Min/Max or Go Your Own Way?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Referring to priest talents/glyphs of course. Do you build for maximum DPS, or do you have a few talents and glyphs you've locked into based on personal preference? As of right now, there aren't any *horrible* choices for priests with either... although some are certainly better.

I'm personally enjoying SW: Insanity lately. It's a nice little nuke I've been enjoying on my dailies in particular, but also in groups.
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
02/28/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Calliel
As of right now, there aren't any *horrible* choices for priests with either.

02/28/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Calliel
SW: Insanity

Insanity is pretty horrible. I don't see the point of not min/maxing. If priests had spells that at least functioned in interesting ways or had interesting graphics, maybe. But we don't. The only spell effect I can actually see most of the time is Halo, which you take for most encounters. There are no other spells that look cool or give the class a cool feel. It's all pretty meh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well the main issue with that is many of our talents are passives, so you don't get to see them. Either that or they're procs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sometimes I try things that aren't necessarily the recommended setup, but it's always with the intention of doing more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I know how to min/max for when I need to, but I frequently also go into various different builds that do things I enjoy or specific things I need to do.

My main build, if I have such a thing, is a bit unusual, but not complete out there either: a very haste-heavy holy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/28/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Merrz
Insanity is pretty horrible

Quite horrendous currently.
/nod
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
There's a lot less room for bad decisions in the current design. No talents or glyphs are mandatory, it all depends on what kind of opponent you're facing or whether you like proc, automatic or on-demand versions of abilities.

SW:I is lousy and will continue to be bad for dailies/dungeons, but at least it will have a niche in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Merrz
There are no other spells that look cool or give the class a cool feel. It's all pretty meh.

I like shadowform :(
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
03/01/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Booji
There are no other spells that look cool or give the class a cool feel. It's all pretty meh.

I like shadowform :(

Lord.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Sometimes I agree with go your own way, but never completely off the chain. I don't stop trying new things, but generally with the intention of making my dps higher.

Merrz, I think shadowform more than makes up for the lack of interesting looking spells, especially with the glyph of shadowy friends, I mean, come on, a shadowy songbird is way too cool. I don't wanna know how many people have shadowform glyphed to be less transparent, because I think you are missing out on a key part of being a shadow priest, at least graphically. I know I used to use that glyph, but now I am never going back again.

Ooh, also the sha-fiend is a really neat look, if you are so fortunate to have a Sha-touched weapon.

This is just second hand news, but they are retooling the shadowy apparitions, so maybe they will look cool and be more useful, instead of endlessly climbing to reach the pterodactyls on Gara'jal's trash. I doubt it, but a priest can have dreams, right?
Edited by Arythra on 3/1/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
I'm not going to debate the aesthetic of a spell, especially since I personally detest Shadowform and find it both uninteresting and boring.

Even so, Shadowform really isn't a factor here because we're talking about what is optional or what you can choose, essentially. You don't choose to spec in or out of Shadowform. I guess you can choose not to use it but...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Referring to priest talents/glyphs of course. Do you build for maximum DPS, or do you have a few talents and glyphs you've locked into based on personal preference? As of right now, there aren't any *horrible* choices for priests with either... although some are certainly better.

I'm personally enjoying SW: Insanity lately. It's a nice little nuke I've been enjoying on my dailies in particular, but also in groups.

I retool every fight that requires it that we're struggling to clear. Sometimes I can't be bothered if it's just farming content but I definitely see the difference when I go ToF on Garalon or then later go back to DI on Empress.

I used to be completely against Halo but as we started to hit harder fights where we used 2 healers I've found that Halo has really help smooth things out and Divine Star on Heroic Feng is practically mandatory.

I disagree, Power Infusion and Shadow Word: Insanity are currently horrible choices. SW:I in particular annoys me as I see the UI procs from other priests and seriously wonder wtf they're smoking to be using that particularly on multitarget fights.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]