sigils of wisdom/power

90 Worgen Priest
i do all 5 lfrs a week and some msv 10. i have accrued 31 wisdoms and only 6 powers. last night i did both 1st and 2nd part of msv lfr and got 3 wisdoms. i thought that wisdoms would drop off magical bosses and powers off the more physical melee bosses. but thats not so...how come i cant get sigils of powers

ps stop givin me doubles of stuf i already have...gimme somethin i need
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios •Sigils of Power now only drop in Mogu’shan Vaults, and Sigils of Wisdom will only drop in Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, with a very small chance to drop in LFR Mogu’shan Vaults. This should ensure that players who had access to Mogu’shan Vaults for a longer period of time are now seeing more Sigils of Wisdom.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7922045
Edited by Domiretha on 2/23/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Domiretha
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios •Sigils of Power now only drop in Mogu’shan Vaults, and Sigils of Wisdom will only drop in Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, with a very small chance to drop in LFR Mogu’shan Vaults. This should ensure that players who had access to Mogu’shan Vaults for a longer period of time are now seeing more Sigils of Wisdom.

Still a bad idea.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
with the upped droprate, it took only 3 runs to get the legendary.
So pathetic compared to anything before that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Think I'm on week 6 of full clears of all LFRs, 21 wisdom 7 power. Kind of a drag but who cares it's just an alt.

I am curious though if the increased drop rates in 5.2 mean more sigils too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/23/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Scarletfire
I am curious though if the increased drop rates in 5.2 mean more sigils too.
Most likely they will. The first step is required to do subsequent steps and I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want anyone falling too far behind.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Oh plz stop whining. If you want top end gear join a raiding guild. Don't have the time to invest? Guess what? You don't deserve the same rewards as players who spend hours every week doing more difficult content. Instant-gratification cry babies are making this game a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Lacify
Oh plz stop whining. If you want top end gear join a raiding guild. Don't have the time to invest? Guess what? You don't deserve the same rewards as players who spend hours every week doing more difficult content. Instant-gratification cry babies are making this game a joke.

Tell that to my alts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/23/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Isiildur

Tell that to my alts.

Well it's easier to balance gearing/progress rates around one character than people with multiple alts because everyone has at least one character. And for whatever reason they don't want your second character to get a significantly higher gear and legendary progress rate just because you did it on one character already. I think it's just a design so people don't feel like they should have multiple alts because it would be so (relatively) easy to get them Normal/Heroic raid ready.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
alt catchup mechanics are bad design, alts should require just as much effort as your main at end game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/24/2013 12:10 AMPosted by Postonforums
alt catchup mechanics are bad design, alts should require just as much effort as your main at end game.

Which wouldn't be an issue. The issue is that my alts now require more effort than my main to obtain their sigils, since the drop rate on Wisdom was buffed through the roof, making power exceedingly rare.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/24/2013 06:40 AMPosted by Isiildur
Which wouldn't be an issue. The issue is that my alts now require more effort than my main to obtain their sigils, since the drop rate on Wisdom was buffed through the roof, making power exceedingly rare.

It's still 30% from the msv, assuming you get 12 kills (Who cant pug 6/6 mgv normal at this point?) it's 3-4 weeks, which is faster than HOF/Terrace came out to even be able to complete the quests originally.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

True-ish.

The direct catch-up opportunities doled out in Cata were an ill-plotted approach, anyway. I like that raid difficulty is largely being softened in a natural way: people are able to get better gear from early parts of the new raids, so that the previous tier is easier to carry people through (paired with the light neutering they're giving to the 5.0 raids boss-side). Those new characters still get to experience the old raids to get their gear within reason, and they can get up to date in a timely manner while the carrying folks still get Valor.

If an alt takes as much effort to gear up as the main when the alts' means are no longer the highest-tier raid, people won't want to do any of that and the PvE body will stagnate, maybe even erode. It happened when TBC content was current, despite how great the actual raids were. And it absolutely happened back in Vanilla. Blizzard doesn't want that, but they don't want to cakewalk provided in Cata, either.

They're pursuing a balance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The main concern is that the intended reason behind changing the sigil drop rate (which was to make it easier to complete this leg of the questline) did nothing but fix a nonexistant problem, while creating a much larger one.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/24/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Isiildur
The main concern is that the intended reason behind changing the sigil drop rate (which was to make it easier to complete this leg of the questline) did nothing but fix a nonexistant problem, while creating a much larger one.

You have to run 3 weeks of raids for LEGENDARIES such a large problem.

More effort to go back and solo MC than it is to get level 90 equivalent legendaries, Lol MoP.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/24/2013 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/24/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Postonforums

You have to run 3 weeks of raids for LEGENDARIES such a large problem.

More effort to go back and solo MC than it is to get level 90 equivalent legendaries, Lol MoP.

Don't know why you quoted me when your response doesn't address my statement in the slightest.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue

Assuming this isn't just a completely horrible troll comment... They're not a bad design. Blizzard has stated they want people to spend time doing things with their mains and not have to endure repetitiveness on every alt. Just like Death Knights where you were only allowed 1 per realm, Blizzard stated that rule has out-lived its purpose. Things change and we evolve, adapt or die.

Now, I know how you think and I anticipate something like "well, if I won the olympics, I should be able to do it 50% faster next year!"
Reply Quote
with the upped droprate, it took only 3 runs to get the legendary.So pathetic compared to anything before that.

well good for you. Im doing the work, the same way, entering then winning the raid. im getting sqaut. Aweome you got yours and cant seem to understand why other people are frustrated. Thank you for the helpful insight, you are a true professional
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
My alt got the quest done rather handily, but winning a Sha-touched for awhile was another story.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]