Conquest points and the solo PvP'er

90 Troll Druid
The gain sucks. I really don't know what else I could say without sounding like I'm crying about one thing or another. When you have no pvp friends or guildies, nobody will take you to RBGs and all you have is randoms and CTAs (of which so many get lost) I'm lucky to pull 200-250CPs in a day. On a GOOD day 400 seems like a lot. Blargh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
And after 6 days you are almost capped. What do you expect if you arent willing to do other content to get the points faster?

Try oqueue out for premade bgs and rbg caps
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/22/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
When you have no pvp friends or guildies, nobody will take you to RBGs and all you have is randoms and CTAs

I felt this way too when they raised the CP cap to 2200 and made you do an rbg for the last 400 points. Then I heard about oque, downloaded it, and it's soo easy to find groups even early in the morning. Took me maybe 2-3 hours this morning to go from 800-2700CP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Req
I was in the same position. What I had to do was sit in Shrine of Two Moons and advertise my skills to play in arenas. This is what I said, "Arms warr dreadfully geared LF arena partner for conquest." It took a while but I could normally find someone who would run with me within 10 min. Of course I am dps and since you are a healer people are more likely to partner with you. I capped arena and did not worry about the Rated bg 400. Though it is slower because of that I now have the Malev wep and a few pieces of conquest gear. It is a grind but stick with it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hard to stick with it when nobody will stick with me. I've had TWO people invite me for 2's caps now. Most people won't invite me or even try working with me because I have no rating and I'm not an arena goddess. I haven't done any serious arena since WotLK on my old server where the pvp scene was atrocious. Suffice it to say, in these recent matches we didn't win right off the bat so after 2-3 losses they just quit the group, booted me from the team and left me needing to find something else yet again. I'm not really AMAZING at arena but given a little bit of time wins will happen. It's hard to take like 2-3yrs off from arena and then come back to a whole different system and expected to be @ gladiator level right from the get-go.

I have patience enough to sit thru losses. Nobody else does tho...or so it has seemed.
Reply Quote
I agree, 50 per win in randoms is really, really low. I would love for PvP epics to be gained faster and easier than they are now (just remove the damn weekly cap) so everyone is on the same level stat wise, though Blizzard and many players here don't want that.

The best way right now is to find another person for 2v2 and killing Sha weekly. 180 per arena game is much better than trying to get 50 per random bg. Get a dps and queue 2v2 and only play teams that have double dps. If the other team has a healer I would bail because the games can take way too long in 2v2 if your gear is low and the other healer isn't brain dead. For double DPS you just need to survive them blowing their big CDs. If you can live through their initial burst you're golden. If they burst you down it's no biggie since the games are extremely short and there's plenty of people at the bottom for instant queues.

Although next patch the epics will cost honor which should help narrow the gear gap.
Edited by Magnetaro on 2/22/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/22/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
It's hard to take like 2-3yrs off from arena and then come back to a whole different system and expected to be @ gladiator level right from the get-go.

You don't have to be at glad level to cap in 2s. Just find the right person that will stick with it. Hell, come to my server and I will stick with you each week if it makes you feel better.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/22/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
Hard to stick with it when nobody will stick with me.

Yeah, I hear ya. It seems no one wants Disc priests either.
My advice is to cap honor and justice points (since they can be changed back into honor), and wait till the next season starts. It's so late in the season and many, many people have stopped PVPing till S13.

Use your saved honor to buy as much gear as possible as soon as possible when the new season starts.
Then if advertising in trade say something like, "RDruid LF 2s team just for points."
I have found something along the "just for points/just for conquest" line will let people know you aren't taking it too seriously. Often you might attract people who would be otherwise too intimidated to arena for fear of getting yelled at or if their gear isn't stellar, etc.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
If i ever level my rogue or hunter I would play with a disc priest : D. Most fun comp ever tbh but i am also extremely lazy as well.
Edited by Herbalteamix on 2/22/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Jugaa
Took me maybe 2-3 hours this morning to go from 800-2700CP.

Curse you!
Reply Quote
99 Pandaren Warrior
Purpledrank & Kimchi, your realms must suck, or rather the people on it do. I would love to find healers wanting to PvP, wether its Arenas or Rated BGs.

I help a lot of my guild mates cap conquest every week. I also help those i see posting in trade looking for help. I don't mind losing, except when my partner keeps repeating the same mistakes or doesn't learn from their mistakes. But then again, I just really enjoy PvP.

If either of you would like to do Arenas and/or Rated BGs my guild could use some healers, one thing we tend to be short on. To let you know up front though. We are a reroll guild. We decided to reroll Horde on Dark Iron (medium population PST time zone) in the first half of December, so with the holidays and leveling to 90 we are way behind on PvE progression, and recruiting players is very difficult when you lack progression. With that being said we decided to focus more on PvP and will attempt 10M PvE once we have the numbers and guild mates interested in running 10M raids.

We like to do Areans, 5ppl random BGs for honor (those that need the gear), Rated BGs and world pvp. Right now we are working on getting everyone geared and ready for next season.

Wall of Text explaining in more detail about who we are and what we are looking for in a guild mate can be found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592800131

If this is something either of you are interested in, or if you have any questions/concerns please feel free to contact us in game.

Lunk (Lunk#1325)
Amraam (Raoh#1177)

PS: Grats Kimchi on your recently acquired pvp weapon, it makes a huge difference :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, I kind of don't understand why more people don't like playing with a healer. Then again the people I HAVE worked with were so awful @ helping it wasn't even funny. They both start whomping on me - I'm ultra-silenced/stunned/otherwise CC'd the whole time and they're just standing back casting frostbolt.

As far as my realm sucking? No, it really doesn't. It's just notorious for being plagued with nothing but elitists. Like I said, it's hard to get anything accomplished when nobody will stick around to do enough matches with me for a points cap.

Doesn't really matter how I advertise. It's a high-population server and most stuff in /2 gets spammed out within 3-5 seconds most times of the day. Those who do respond are usually the types that are looking for pure pros for a fast cap and to call it a week. I'd actually like a team to play on, that won't break up every Tuesday to get new people for a cap.

Just feels like grasping at straws trying to do anything in the game anymore unless you're REALLY good...unless you like questing, alts and LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Several points. Some may be helpful to you, some you may not like.

1) If all you do is random bgs (like myself with this alt), then you don't NEED conquest gear at all. Especially as a healer.

2) You say you can make 200 conquest per day doing randoms (1 daily + 2 wins). That's already 1400 points per week. It's plenty if you're not PVPing for ratings.

3) If you really NEED, although I don't know why, to cap your points every week you only NEED 3 arena wins in addition to your 1400 points. That's less than 1 hour time at 0 MMR.

Overall I think you're over-exaggerating your NEEDS. You don't actually NEED those points. But you want them despite the fact you're not willing to do what it takes to get them (find an arena partner, do more random BGs, install oQueue and Ventrilo etc.).
Reply Quote
96 Human Rogue
Conquest in randoms is not meant to solely cap you, nor is it meant to the fastest way to gain conquest. It is simply another route to gain conquest points. Say what you want about Blizzard's decisions, but players have more options now than ever before. And in 5.2 it's only going to expand even more. OP I'd suggest being a little flexible in your choices, you can cap every week in battlegrounds (I've done it for nearly 3 months now) but if you're not having fun with it, or it feels too grindy you're not doing yourself any favors by forcing yourself to do it.

Just find a friend (if possible someone less skilled than you) and do some arena. Low MMR arena is very casual, and even lower skill players will win a few as long as they don't get frustrated. Even if you only manage to win 2 out of 10, you're still gaining a lot more conquest per playtime than randoms. It really isn't that difficult to find one person in a similar situation who wants conquest points.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hard to stick with it when nobody will stick with me. I.

most people will expect you to have full honor gear before doing 2's for points even, let alone doing 3's for rating.

people will also see only 2k hk's and it will raise a flag for them.

keep grinding the bg's till you have a full set. also gem for res not spirit. you need the extra survivability.
Edited by Myrddin on 2/22/2013 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well, to be fair to myself I do have well over 2k HKs as this isn't my original toon...and definitely not my original server AND it's not the only character I pvp on - just the one I prefer to use because I like healing.

As far as a NEED for gear goes - who are you to say what I do and do not need? Maybe I'd LIKE the better gear for better output/survivability. You don't ONLY NEED high-end pvp gear if you're doing RBGs and high-rated arena. With the lack of peels you normally get (or dont get, rather) in randoms and whatnot it's good to be able to survive even if it's just 10-20sec longer. Could help cap a base or get a win. You never know.

And really, with the exception of bracers/cloak all of my other gear is at least Dreadful. Jewelry I haven't replaced, which I guess I could - but it's overall less int/stam/spirit and just a little bit more resilience.

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm saying you don't NEED it because it's true. You think you NEED it, but you don't. You just WANT it.

Like I said, with this alt in honor gear I can top healing charts and be very useful to my team. No need for upgraded conquest gear.

Rated PVP, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. You simply can't progress past a certain rating, even if you're skilled, if you don't get good gear.

You're just one amongst many WoW players who confuse WANT and NEED and think that because you WANT something, you should get it. Just like the OP in this thread below yours:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979897985

Until recently it wasn't possible to gain conquest via random battlegrounds AT ALL. Then they gave us 25 conquest per win, and now 100 conquest for the daily + 50 per win. And you still want MORE.

How much would be enough for you, honestly? Would 75 conquest per win be enough? If not, then maybe 150? How much?

Stop looking at what you WANT, and start asking yourself what you really NEED. You'll see it's not the same.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm saying you don't NEED it because it's true. You think you NEED it, but you don't. You just WANT it.
Like I said, with this alt in honor gear I can top healing charts and be very useful to my team. No need for upgraded conquest gear.

Rated PVP, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. You simply can't progress past a certain rating, even if you're skilled, if you don't get good gear.

You're just one amongst many WoW players who confuse WANT and NEED and think that because you WANT something, you should get it. Just like the OP in this thread below yours:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7979897985

Until recently it wasn't possible to gain conquest via random battlegrounds AT ALL. Then they gave us 25 conquest per win, and now 100 conquest for the daily + 50 per win. And you still want MORE.

How much would be enough for you, honestly? Would 75 conquest per win be enough? If not, then maybe 150? How much?

Stop looking at what you WANT, and start asking yourself what you really NEED. You'll see it's not the same.

Someone need to remind you this is a game... NOT A JOB...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Tuakee
Someone need to remind you this is a game... NOT A JOB...

Exactly it's a GAME, stop asking for a raise (increase in CP in randoms).
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
The gain per win can be increased to 100 and with a 2200 conq cap that means 22 wins throughout the week can Conq cap me, which i'll be happy with.

On the flip side a player shouldn't be Policed or Dictated with this valor/conq cap nonsense, if someone dedicates the time to gear faster then others, too bad. They put more time in and should be rewarded for that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]