Conquest points and the solo PvP'er

90 Undead Warlock
So, to all of you who claim you lose all the time to premades (lol). My question is, you want the premades to gear much faster than you? Got it! Suck it up and cap in 2s/rbgs, it doesn't take much time then you can goof off and keep losing to the supposed premades. :)

02/23/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Rinin
I put my time in BGs, which are harder and more frustrating to do than RBGs.

Frustrating, I can give you what with all the a-holes not even participating, but not harder by any means. Any schmuck can afk through a regular BG and possibly still come out with a 50/50 win rate. Try doing that in RBGs...
Edited by Jugaa on 2/23/2013 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/23/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Greetgot
Low-ranked 2v2 arenas are like getting paid a lawyer's salary to work at McDonalds. Way too rewarding for the skill/work involved.
We can agree to disagree... even low level arenas is often played at a higher level than BGs. A lot of BG players literally play barely better than bots.

02/23/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Rinin
By doing RBG, which is easier than doing regular BGs?
If you honestly think BGs are harder than RBGS you need to seek some professional help. That's cuckoo for cocoa puffs land.

02/23/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Rinin
I put my time in BGs, which are harder and more frustrating to do than RBGs. Same objective, but I'm playing against people who often have way better gear, on a team with no organization which usually has less healing than the opposition. I'm also playing a toon which is the weakest in 1v1 play in WOW. Try staying alive through all that.
Your logic is well completely illogical. First of all the gear, healing & moron imbalances even out over many BGs so that's a wash. Secondly you are basically saying BGs are harder because you have to deal with awful players and/or players in bad gear. That makes absolutely no sense. I would question whether or not you are trolling because what you are saying is way out there, but I believe that you are sincere (which is kinda scary).
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/23/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Quint
when you think about it regular bgs are just about as hard as rated bgs. because of all things you have to deal with

Again, that's what makes it frustrating, not hard. If you think randoms are hard by any means, I don't wanna see you in an RBG..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Quint
well that is your opinion good luck to you.

Don't know why you're wishing me luck. I do just fine in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Quint
i never said you didn't have fun

Never said anything about fun girlyman
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/23/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Quint
sorry if fun offends you then have a bad time not sure what you want me too say send me a script.

You've said enough, and you're annoying. That's all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Purrpledrank
Yeah, I kind of don't understand why more people don't like playing with a healer.

Because 2v2 with a healer takes longer, and many people want to go for the quick kill. If you are going to play 2v2 as a healer, you are expected to contribute damage as well. If you or your partner is undergeared, the healer is going to spend all their time healing, and not helping out on offense.

So the high end players prefer to play with 2 dps, because they are good enough to take someone down quickly, and the average, or mediocre players think double dps 2v2 is the ticket to a high rating, but they arent good enough to make it happen, but they dont realize they are the problem, and having a healer cover some of their mistakes will actually benefit them in the long run.

My 2 copper.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
In Skyrim, u can play alone, and always have the best gear. You should check it out, maybe it is your style.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I put my time in BGs, which are harder and more frustrating to do than RBGs. Same objective, but I'm playing against people who often have way better gear, on a team with no organization which usually has less healing than the opposition. I'm also playing a toon which is the weakest in 1v1 play in WOW. Try staying alive through all that.

And you? You just have to do what you're told. Go to this flag. Guard it. There. Done.

Druid - So much false in your statement it hurt my eyes.

If you actually put in the time in bg's, just like me, you would have better gear. Currently, you actually have a not bad set put together.

You must have missed where I said I DO NOT play in rbg's, because i refuse to play destro. Don't tell me what regular bg's are like, I play in them.

Don't imply your faction has a vastly different win/loss ratio than mine, it doesn't. You get on teh same kind of teams I do, and those teams include players in gear just like mine. I know, because I face alliance teams with conquest gear, and multiple heals.

Healing isn't the brain surgery you imply, btw, and, well, being in pug bg's means I seldom EVER have people with a plan to even suggest where I should go. So, I kill healers and run flags...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/23/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Quint
when you think about it regular bgs are just about as hard as rated bgs. because of all things you have to deal with, isn't that the same reason premaders say they roll over pugs because iit is too hard for them to deal with pick up groups.
Your opinion is a perfect example of my lawyer (RBGs & arenas) vs McDonalds worker (BGs) analogy. Sure the guy working at McDonalds may very well be working harder than the lawyer, but doing his job takes less skill. The McDonalds employee also has to deal with knuckleheads, take out the garbage, scrub the grille, etc. BGs are are not unlike that.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/24/2013 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So yeah...enough whining about lawyers and fry cooks, k?

Let's keep on topic with a little more focus here...and without resorting to telling everyone to "suck it up" or "get over it" or to go play a different game. That isn't good feedback (and before you start in on me, I'm not just saying that because I don't want to hear it).

IIRC even Blizz has addressed that there is a big problem with premades making normal BGs very "unfair" and "not fun" to many people. I agree with that. According to them random BGs are supposed to just be random. Sure, group up with a few friends if you want but when the whole team is a huge group of people working together like that it does pose a surprize advantage that the opposing team cannot prepare for and sometimes cannot even begin to match them. Try and lead the masses all you want; more often than not the PUG group you're working with won't listen to you very well...even when you know what you're talking about.

I happen to find RBGs to be fun (at least most of the few groups I've been in have been fun). I'd really like to be able to participate in them too; but it's way too damn hard find a group because of gear alone. I really wish skill could account for SOMETHING in this equation but more oft than not it's "what's your gear like? Do you have your weapon(s)?" Tell them no and it's silence. O_o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/24/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Quint
i didn't read what kia said because it made me hungry. the degree of skill the game takes in ratio to your analogy seems a bit off.
A little, but not much. I'd say RBGs are played about 4X better than a BG (not to mention a lot harder to organize), so 400 vs 100 conquest seems about right.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/24/2013 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Quint I probably solo queue just as much as you, and I've done zero crying on here about premades in random bgs. If at anything you need to be pushed into a corner irl and given a wedgie to stop your excessive crying in game and enhance your crying irl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]