Conquest points and the solo PvP'er

90 Troll Druid
What I don't think anyone is taking into account here, and the point I'm trying to stress here, more than just what everyone THINKS I'm saying, is that it's all well and good that the stuff that takes coordination and a good team gets more points. What I DON'T think is good is that for someone like me, who cannot seem to find anyone to work with regularly despite trying, and who has a desire to do more but can't because it cannot be done solo - are pretty much told to go back down to the minor leagues and stay there until you're needed or you're lucky enough. I'm not just sitting here whining about how something that takes less skill should give me more points "just coz" and if THAT is what you've extracted from all of this then perhaps you need to learn how to read/interpret.

Reasoning behind it aside - I'm just voicing my gripe for the situation as it is. Even tho I whisper people in response to their LFM for low mmr RBG groups - most of the time (which you can tell by my whopping rating of less than 200 because I've only been invited to 4 different groups) they don't even respond - or when they ask about my gear they just say "sorry, we need people with better gear."

I also think it's pretty lame that people have to resort to an addon to help them queue for things. I looked at this oque thing. I really have no interest in it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/25/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
I also think it's pretty lame that people have to resort to an addon to help them queue for things. I looked at this oque thing. I really have no interest in it.

Why not? That add-on is the reason I capped, and most weeks went over 2200 cp cap. Since RBGs are x-realm, the add-on helps you find people,(and more people like you having a hard time finding groups) it is probably your best bet. If I didn't use the add-on I would be in the same boat as you, except I wouldn't ask for more cp in random BGs because they just don't belong there. 100 a win and 50 each win after is more than enough if that's all you do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I want decent teammates that actually give a crap about winning. How is that wrong?

Reasoning behind it aside - I'm just voicing my gripe for the situation as it is. Even tho I whisper people in response to their LFM for low mmr RBG groups - most of the time (which you can tell by my whopping rating of less than 200 because I've only been invited to 4 different groups) they don't even respond - or when they ask about my gear they just say "sorry, we need people with better gear."
I see RBGs on OQueue with an item level requirement of 460. You meet that requirement.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/25/2013 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/25/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Quint
the addon is almost like debating people on the wow forums so easy how can you lose.
Quint you get 45 honor everytime you post, because you haven't won yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What I don't think anyone is taking into account here, and the point I'm trying to stress here, more than just what everyone THINKS I'm saying, is that it's all well and good that the stuff that takes coordination and a good team gets more points. What I DON'T think is good is that for someone like me, who cannot seem to find anyone to work with regularly despite trying, and who has a desire to do more but can't because it cannot be done solo - are pretty much told to go back down to the minor leagues and stay there until you're needed or you're lucky enough. I'm not just sitting here whining about how something that takes less skill should give me more points "just coz" and if THAT is what you've extracted from all of this then perhaps you need to learn how to read/interpret.

Well, then - it's two seperate issues, isn't it? One is premades, and one is the attitude of other players not wanting to play with you.

Honestly - it sucks you can't find teams or partners, or even people to group with. Sucks that you seem to lack friends in game who will partner with you (not being sarcastic, it really does suck, because pvp with friends is my favourite thing iin this game)...but that isn't an issue for Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Make some friends. Group with them. Get your name out there. When i came back in cata after not playing for 2 years, i had no friends, nobody to pvp with, and i ground my gear out, made a name for myself, got an invite to my servers only rbg group as a fill in, and became a regular healer the next week. Within 2 weeks, i was the main healer working the hardest assignments.

Why not get to know some of the people who run groups? Get your name in the hat BEFORE they spam lfm for the last couple players, and get flooded with tells that your tell gets lost in.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
02/25/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Wayslette
Make some friends. Group with them. Get your name out there. When i came back in cata after not playing for 2 years, i had no friends, nobody to pvp with, and i ground my gear out, made a name for myself, got an invite to my servers only rbg group as a fill in, and became a regular healer the next week. Within 2 weeks, i was the main healer working the hardest assignments.

This is too much work for the average PvPer. They want to play 3 hours a week. Lose miserably in every game. Blame it on premades. Never improve. And be handed the best gear available.

This is the Call of Duty era where every tween feels they are entitled to everything regardless of effort, skill, or time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
didn't bother reading any other comments.

I'm just here to say I understand where op is comming from, but more so because I like being anti-social half the time, a good balance between social gaming and solo gaming.

wow obviously makes this quite difficult, and should compensate players who desire solitude while grinding.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
WoW is an MMORPG.

If you want gear from solo play, go play Skyrim.
Edited by Orphism on 2/26/2013 2:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There is serious flaws in your thinking if you keep comparing this game to real life.
Edited by Immy on 3/3/2013 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/26/2013 01:56 AMPosted by Tehrealemcee
wow obviously makes this quite difficult, and should compensate players who desire solitude while grinding.

No they should not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Why not get to know some of the people who run groups? Get your name in the hat BEFORE they spam lfm for the last couple players, and get flooded with tells that your tell gets lost in.

Yeah, it's SO easy to make friends on the realm I'm on...It's a huge server, nobody gives two craps about you after the BGs are over. I've had "my name out there" for months. Been TRYING (fruitlessly) to recruit for my guild, to find groups to raid/pvp with, or just people to quest with or something and end up with nothing.

Don't assume that just because YOU have accomplished something that it is, in turn, just that simple for someone else to do the same thing. It's a terrible assumption to make at any given time.

Also - I'm kindly asking again for people to keep their trolling/bad attitudes away from this thread and to stop telling folks to go play a different game. Useless feedback is useless - and doesn't accomplish anything good. I play more than 3 hours worth of pvp when I play, spread out between several toons...Someone's time spent doesn't make them a better/worse player, at least not always. Sheesh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
OP you are complaining about not having players to group with, but you are apparently refusing to use tools at your disposal to find other players. OQueue is what you make of it... if you don't want to run in a full premades you can easily find a 5 man to run with.

As a healer in decent gear you could find a 5 man very quickly. I just don't see what the issue is other than you being overly stubborn.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/27/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm stubborn because I don't want to have another addon running? I have a computer that is getting on in years and I can't afford to upgrade it or get a new one...with the addons I have running already there's enough of a performance problem - and believe me - they're minimal. The last thing I want to do is have to keep up with another one. I'm sorry if that makes me too stubborn for you to deal with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't want to play Arena, simple as that , even if they reward 1k point for win.

I couldn't care less how much RBG games award points nor do i have the time to wait for a group to form.

I play this game for fun and random BGs are a good fun way to progress in gear and acheivements specially if your time is limited.

I can't see why a couple more conquest points earned from them can be game breaking for anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can't see why a couple more conquest points earned from them can be game breaking for anyone?

Because any idiot can solo que and afk through randoms, and they don't deserve more points for that. Sorry you don't want to take the time to cap through 2s, 3s or even rbgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]