Conquest points and the solo PvP'er

I'm stubborn because I don't want to have another addon running? I have a computer that is getting on in years and I can't afford to upgrade it or get a new one...with the addons I have running already there's enough of a performance problem - and believe me - they're minimal. The last thing I want to do is have to keep up with another one. I'm sorry if that makes me too stubborn for you to deal with.

If you're having this much trouble just to have fun, maybe this game isn't for you.

I'm confused as to how addons are actually clogging your gameplay. The only addons you really need for PvP are:

BG Targets
GladiatorlosSA
Oqueue
maybe some type of name plate addon.
maybe Grid for healing.

I find it very hard to believe having those addons would slow your gameplay
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Theres millions of people who play this game , if you can't make friends with any of them it sounds like you have more pressing issue's than gear . Also what worked for me (and I'm by no means an expert) was randoms for some gear to get started , get weapons then start doing 2's for points for a few weeks . With a few weeks of that you should have enough gear to get into low mmr rbg's . If you can't find anyone to do 2's with (which I find hard to believe) maybe you just need to play a different spec or class . Or you could possibly server xfer if you say the high pop of your server is an issue ? There's lot's of options for you out there , so quit sitting there saying you have problems and go do something about it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hey, ill be in the same boat. No real friends in WoW so its gonna be hard for me to cap conquest. I think ill lvl my lock instead
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not hard to find a random arena buddy in trade chat. Just type

/2 Anyone for 2's for points? Feral here, 6.6K res, PST

Type the above just before you queue for your BGs. I find that about 25% of the time I'll get a whisper from a stranger who's ready for a few arena battles. You can then drop your BG group and go do arena for a bit.

Even if your random friend sucks you'll eventually win a few fights (there is always an enemy team that is worse than you, always) and the conquest gain is much much faster.

And you might make a friend along the way.
Reply Quote
5 Orc Warlock
I know, it's way to much to ask to do 20 minutes of arena games with a random person in trade in a MULTIPLAYER game. I think minesweeper may be more up your ally champ.
Reply Quote
Mmmm...I see randoms cap conquest from trade chat partners all the time on tich. Might be your server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I can identify with a lot that has been posted here. I love pvp!! I leveled up in it in vanilla. I am not fond of instances, as they tend to put me to sleep. My problem is, most of the players I used to pvp with have left the game. I belong to a guild that does not pvp (friends & family, hard to leave). My pvp gear score is 482/491. I mainly play disc, but I am also outfitted to play shadow for strand of the ancients, or if the pug has too many healers.

I play often enough that I can get my 1800 on both my hunter and priest. You would have a hard time finding players that pvp more than I. Do I belong to a rbg, no. I occasionally do arenas if someone asks me. My problem is I have a hard time asking others. Also I find it difficult to play with people with "attitude" and who speak in #$@% excessively.

Would I do rbg, sure if someone asked me. Would I do arenas sure if someone asks me. My problem is I hate to ask others. I am not male, neither do I have an over inflated ego.

To me the most distasteful part of pugs, besides the occasional afk, is the overpowered jerks who love to farm the gy, and conversely the newbies who come in with pve greens.

Now all that being said, I would love for us true puggers to have an opportunity for the high end gear. Heaven knows, people like me sure put in the hours to earn it.
Edited by Jenalle on 3/11/2013 3:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
just remove the damn weekly cap

This would be the fix, sure the Shads of WOW would have full gear running 0queue rolling PUGs in a week. But it would enable us Solo PvPers to at least continue to build CP very slowly every week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

This would be the fix, sure the Shads of WOW would have full gear running 0queue rolling PUGs in a week. But it would enable us Solo PvPers to at least continue to build CP very slowly every week.

I think there should be the same cap for everyone. Why should solo papers be punished. We are the backbone of pvp. We are out there day after day filling up the bgs, keeping pvp going.
WE do not take the speedy approach to honor or conquest points. We are the slow and steady tortoises that plod steadily towards our goals of having fun, getting better at the game and receiving better gear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I think there should be the same cap for everyone. Why should solo papers be punished. We are the backbone of pvp. We are out there day after day filling up the bgs, keeping pvp going.
WE do not take the speedy approach to honor or conquest points. We are the slow and steady tortoises that plod steadily towards our goals of having fun, getting better at the game and receiving better gear.

Nono we were suggesting removing the cap for everyone, the problem as a solo player was it takes so long to reach the cap then you have to wait another week and a half to cap again! With no cap we too, could cont the CP pooling
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What you need is a max geared skilled player to carry you. Why would they do this you may ask? Two reasons. 1.Money 2.Blackmail. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What you need is a max geared skilled player to carry you. Why would they do this you may ask? Two reasons. 1.Money 2.Blackmail. Good luck!

Actually Balslick, your name says it all - attitude and male ego.

If you were horde and I was to grp with you, I would definitely be "carrying you". I am better geared and have over 10 times you punny honor kills. Heck even my alt hunter is better geared and has 5 times more honor kills than you!

I am not asking to be carried.. Never have and never will. I am just asking for a fair shake.
Edited by Jenalle on 3/11/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I bow before your superiority. Lately in random bg's I finish in the top quarter. I aint great, but I get a little better everyday. Insulting my puny under geared warrior hurts my feelings *sniff *sniff. Ive worked hard for what little Ive got. I help carry those pve geared newbies in bgs, and august deities like yourself help carry me whether we intend to or not. I was just adding a little smartass humor to your tale of tears. If there is one thing about being a solo pvp'er that Ive learned its that its harder and slower to get gear. Fair shake? Who told you life was fair?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Lately in random bg's I finish in the top quarter. I aint great, but I get a little better everyday. I

Actually I would love to grp with you with that attitude.

03/11/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Balslick
If there is one thing about being a solo pvp'er that Ive learned its that its harder and slower to get gear.

I couldn't agree more.

Fair shake? Who told you life was fair?

Life has never been fair, but who says a game can't be. After all it is make believe!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/10/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Jugaa
I can't see why a couple more conquest points earned from them can be game breaking for anyone?

Because any idiot can solo que and afk through randoms, and they don't deserve more points for that. Sorry you don't want to take the time to cap through 2s, 3s or even rbgs.

oh! so you you don’t want random BGs to give more conquest because you care about the people playing in them?

how thoughtful of you ...

How about you go cap in arena , or queue for RBGs since you have the time for it , and let people that only play in random BGs worry about it?

That’s a good girl.
Reply Quote
250 CPs x 7 days = 1750 CPs per week.

With the new PvP dailies on Thunder Isle, that's another 350 CPs per week you can get from questing while waiting for your BGs to pop.

1750+ 350 = 2100.

In other words, CP capped.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 04:20 AMPosted by Paníc

No.

Removing the weekly cap would hurt the casual players, who would still take MONTHS to get all their gear while the no-life carried-by-premades basement-dwellers would be in full Conquest PvP gear within a week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
oh! so you you don’t want random BGs to give more conquest because you care about the people playing in them?

how thoughtful of you ...

How about you go cap in arena , or queue for RBGs since you have the time for it , and let people that only play in random BGs worry about it?

That’s a good girl.

I do cap through arena/rbgs...takes a day, if that. And yes, I do care that randoms are filled with afkers/bots soaking up cp from those who try to win. At least with 2s you have to put a little effort in for a win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
BG players aren't being shafted by the cap...they are protected by the cap.

Athos said it - with no cap, some players would have full arena gear 3 days after the season opened. How would that help you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]