Holy Paladin Mana

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey, I don't know what gives but am I suppose to be worried about mana an entire boss fight? It just seems that if i put any real heals into it my mana is just gone, so I stick with holy light and use holy shock as often as possible. The cast times is like slow to crawling for me and it bugs me, but everyone says it's the right way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would suggest EF over SS and DP over HA. Your reforging is correct. For the most part it's using HS on CD with HL in between. Switch to DL as needed but don't spam it. Use your EF efficiently.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Bionìx
I would suggest EF over SS and DP over HA.

Thank you so much, I had a feeling those two were wrong for me at this point but after asking serveral others onling in game they all said the same thing. Then I went to a site called noxxic and they said the same thing so i rolled with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 07:45 AMPosted by Decìsive
Hey, I don't know what gives but am I suppose to be worried about mana an entire boss fight? It just seems that if i put any real heals into it my mana is just gone, so I stick with holy light and use holy shock as often as possible. The cast times is like slow to crawling for me and it bugs me, but everyone says it's the right way.

Not the entire fight....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Don't be afraid to use Holy Radiance if people are somewhat stacked, you just can't spam it forever like you could in Cata. Divine Light a tank with beacon if there's enough damage going out to warrant it, yay free holy power. Holy shock on close to on cooldown for holy power / healing.

Some people like to EF blanket the raid, I don't, I just use Light of Dawn instead (unless the fight has everyone spread so far that it only hits like 2 people, which is rarely the case)

<- Tori (holy paladin)
Edited by Kharra on 2/27/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Look for opportunities to be within melee range of the boss. Some fights that come to mind are tsulong, lei shei, gara'jal, spirit kings, stone guards, zor'lok etc. if you're using EF and DP then use crusader strike and HS on cooldown as much as possible. Spread your EF to as many raid members as possible and spot heal with diving light (use on whoever is beaconed) and holy light.

If you have 4 pieces of pvp gear (even the 458 blues are good well into heroics) then use that with the usual gemming and reforging priorities. Otherwise don't bother as it's getting nerfed in 5.2.

It's important to make the most of divine plea or any on use spirit trinkets you might have as well.

It's okay to wait a half second for your holy shock to come off cooldown if it means generating the third holy power for EF.

Also with divine purpose procs don't be afraid to cast them on people with full health if nobody else needs healing at the time.

I only do ten mans so in 25m you'll be casting a lot more holy radiances. The EF blanketing still applies
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/27/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Decìsive
I went to a site called noxxic

Mistake Number One - never trust Noxxic. Or IcyVeins.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]