Patch 5.2 Official Trailer: The Thunder King

90 Troll Hunter
I agree Lei shen was special but you have to consider the feats the common mogu can pull off. They aren't stupid they are as Enekie said prideful. They let there superiority complex get in the way of obtaining true greatness. The spirit kings and the Will of the Emperor fight make it clear through the not only the refined speech but also the topics and history of the spirit kings. They were well versed in various battlefield tactics, they showed superior levels of cunning and control over the shadows as well as the sha themselves. This level of understanding of such complex subjects and the fact that they reverse engineered titan technology shows a higher level of learning. They simply lacked common sense and that's what made them idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To be honest, I would consider the Spirit Kings a perfect example of how they went downhill. Here's the order as I saw it (which is influenced by the order they spawned the first time I fought them).

1) Qiang the Merciless. A skilled tactician, who was able to maintain rule through skillful use of armies.

2) Subetai the Swift. Cunning and clever, but not much told about his skill at ruling, mostly stockpiling his own wealth by stealing everything. Already starting to see greed moving up and becoming more important than keeping the empire together.

3) Zian of the Endless Shadow. Kept the empire in check solely through terrifying shadow magic. No intelligence there.

4) Meng the Demented. A lunatic, nuff said. Such a terrible emperor that he was stricken from most records and even Lorewalker Cho didn't know about him before finding his records in the Vaults.

The Mogu empire was on its way to collapsing. The Pandaren revolution was simply the final thing that broke a dying empire. The question is begged, how successful would the Pandaren have been during the reign of Lei Shen? Probably would have been crushed in an instant. How about one of the emperors who ruled shortly after him, while the empire was still powerful? Who knows.
Edited by Aganaer on 2/28/2013 3:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
To be honest, I would consider the Spirit Kings a perfect example of how they went downhill. Here's the order as I saw it (which is influenced by the order they spawned the first time I fought them).

1) Qiang the Merciless. A skilled tactician, who was able to maintain rule through skillful use of armies.

2) Subetai the Swift. Cunning and clever, but not much told about his skill at ruling, mostly stockpiling his own wealth by stealing everything. Already starting to see greed moving up and becoming more important than keeping the empire together.

3) Zian of the Endless Shadow. Kept the empire in check solely through terrifying shadow magic. No intelligence there.

4) Meng the Demented. A lunatic, nuff said. Such a terrible emperor that he was stricken from most records and even Lorewalker Cho didn't know about him before finding his records in the Vaults.

The Mogu empire was on its way to collapsing. The Pandaren revolution was simply the final thing that broke a dying empire. The question is begged, how successful would the Pandaren have been during the reign of Lei Shen? Probably would have been crushed in an instant. How about one of the emperors who ruled shortly after him, while the empire was still powerful? Who knows.

And I agree but it wasn't their level of intellect that was their downfall...even Meng was smart but their pride and greed was what ended up being their downfall, you see it through out history with various ancient civilizations including the greeks and the romans. Eventually pride and greed drove them to corruption which in turn led to their collapse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]