Mage looking for 5.2 raiding guild

90 Pandaren Mage
As the title reads I am looking for a 5.2 raiding guild. I currently play frost as my MS/arcane OS but I anticipate going Fire after 5.2 launch and seeing how that spec plays out. Currently I am 6/6 msv, 4/6 hof and 0/4 toes. I took about a month off of raiding because things were just not progressing at the pace they should have been in my old guild. There were a lot of underlying issues because of that, but that's a different story. My main toon is actually on a different server now, I've been playing on him casually since then http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Kiridian/simple .

Currently I am available to raid any day after 7 pm server until midnight server except for Wednesday nights. I am proficient on my mage as it is one of my favorite classes to play. I currently work full time IRL, am 23 years old, plan on going back to school. I can make raids 100% of the time, unless something important does arise. I realize that this toons gear is not where I want it to be, but alas raiding on Norgannon isn't really all that great as a whole. You can message me on here, I will check this thread often. Preferably, I would love to get back into HC raiding, I did it aggressively during Wotlk and have missed it since then. I can provide pics of my UI/defend enchanting/reforging choices if need be, or just have a general discussion over the class to prove my knowledge of the class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am a member of OP's previous guild.

While with DSO, OP did exceptional DPS on their main DK Kiridian usually ranking within the top 3 for Damage Done for any particular fight and usually taking top spot for AoE encounters. OP's mage DPS was lackluster, however OP has noted that their gear can be improved.

OP can be impatient. For example, OP notes that "...things were just not progressing at the pace they should have been in my old guild." Following their leave, DSO has cleared HoF and ToES in 10N. To be objective: DSO did have a slow period during late MSV/early HoF, and Garalon was a wall for some time, but we are now 16/16. OP did not talk openly to the guild about their concerns regarding our pace. They instead opted to become very upset with us, offering no reasonable explanations and little communication, and in their last few weeks with DSO OP refused to raid leaving us shorthanded and forced to PUG/unable to raid on a few occasions.

I'm not aware what "underlying issues" OP is referring to. DSO is a small, mature 10-man guild that gets along well without any substantial drama. If OP feels that there were "a lot" of issues with the guild, they could've expressed their concerns at any time; we are not the type of social circle to suppress open opinions so long as they are reasonable and rational. OP instead chose to hold their opinions to themselves, seethe on their discontent, and eventually ragequit. Perhaps OP will cooperate better with a HC guild more inline with what OP wants out of WoW, however these are the morals they will carry.

The above is submitted without resentment or intentions of slander.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
The underlying issues I was referring to were in fact addressed with people within guild, namely two different officers within the guild. I did not ragequit as you call it, I merely left because of said issues I was having with within the guild, I did not leave under an false pretenses or anything that would result in ragequitting. The fact that you do not know about said issues is because of the fact that I kept the things I am talking about between myself and these two specific officers, not wanting everyone in guild to know my personal business between myself and certain guild members. I would prefer if in the future you would acquire ALL of the facts about things before claiming that I "ragequit" and whatever else you may want to say because it is quite clear to myself that you do not know all of the facts in the matter, therefore you cannot make a clear statement of the circumstances that led to me leaving in guild. I hold nothing against anyone in DSO and your opinions are your own, I just think it would have been better if you had looked to acquire all of the facts before making such claims.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I feel I must also add to this that I did not "refuse to raid" I had declined the calendar invites for the month yes, but I had made both the Raid Leader and an officer of the guild aware of this and it was because I had to move back home to help take care of my mother because she had undergone major, life saving surgery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Go on.

/popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Mage: My old guild didn't kill stuff as quickly as I liked and I had some issues, so I moved on.

Rogue from old guild: Our guild is fine, this person is the issue, I'm going to be defensive and bring up private guild stuff on a public forum and comment on the person's morals.

I don't know any of the parties involved here, but frankly it's in bad taste to comment like this in response to someone looking for a new guild. Unless the person was hideously awful to your guild (ninja'ing, being rude/abusive, causing drama, etc) there is no need to post a lengthy commentary on why the person was a bad fit for your guild.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mage: My old guild didn't kill stuff as quickly as I liked and I had some issues, so I moved on.

Rogue from old guild: Our guild is fine, this person is the issue, I'm going to be defensive and bring up private guild stuff on a public forum and comment on the person's morals.

I don't know any of the parties involved here, but frankly it's in bad taste to comment like this in response to someone looking for a new guild. Unless the person was hideously awful to your guild (ninja'ing, being rude/abusive, causing drama, etc) there is no need to post a lengthy commentary on why the person was a bad fit for your guild.

Hunter/Boomkin LF Guild that won't touch my no no place with ranch dressing.

/threadhijack
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The above is submitted without resentment or intentions of slander.

I lol'd because the entire post was full of resentment and intentions of slander.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS... AWAY!
Edited by Kujina on 4/13/2013 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I miss all the old drama on theis forms wear did all the troll's go ./cry
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
As a member of Drix's Guild i just wanna say somebody please take him off our hands !!!
......anyone...please....
the above statement was made with love and great admiration for said mage !!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Lol I found a Guild a long time ago, thanks though :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]