The REAL reason Horde lose AV all the time.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Because you run past capped towers when there are less than 5 people holding them down so you can play with yourself on the road up at SPGY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Horde doesnt back cap, nor do they put enough D in a bunker.

Thats it. /end thread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Horde loses AV cause they quit before the gates even open. Pretty sad cause I love a good AV fight down to reinforcements.

FYI
-It only takes a small part of the Horde raid at IBGY (nice choke point, if Horde remembers what a choke point is) to jack up ALL of Alli plans and take the momentum of battle away while the rest of you all keep on truckin to do what you normaly do.
-If you even make it seem like it might possibly maybe almost be a turtle.....Well you just took the fight out of half the Alli players. Note that "turtle" to the Alli team means ANY attempt by the Horde to hold ground and FIGHT.
-I'm about the ONLY Alli player that loves an AV fight. It doesn't take much for you all to knock the will right out of the Alli team and turn my chat screen into a whole soap opera of what reads like a bunch of drunk teenagers.

Leave it at a Horde races down one side while Alli races done the other to see who has the best PvE tank....Well we seem to be faster allot more often.
Leave it at most of your PvPers just calling it an Alli win and rushing into Strife for a bit of PvP before dieing then throwing their hands up....Well that is worth about as much as holding a road in AB with no flags.

I'm sure it's allot easier said then done gettin a whole raid to understand any of that let alone believe it but give it a shot. I want AV reinforcement fights back. And no it is not a uber detailed play by play ABC paint by the numbers plan but honestly it doesn't need to be, it really is that easy.

Now go get in the fight!
Edited by Nemainhavoc on 2/23/2013 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Thats it. /end thread.

Me and like two others backcap SHB and IWB every game. Almost every game ends with all 4 horde towers burned, and North and South burned for alliance. Most the time North and South burn before East and West.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This past AV holiday I qued with 3 friends (2 of which are in dreadful gear) and all we did was D galv and then back cap. We won like 11 of 12 games. Horde can win if they try to. The problem is (on both sides) nobody really cares to try to win they only care for a fast honor zerg. It's not that we can't do it it's that we won't do it, more often than not.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
LOL rath strat farms countless AV's daily..

Horde runs AV now, so que up and like me eat you!

nom nom
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This past AV holiday I qued with 3 friends (2 of which are in dreadful gear) and all we did was D galv and then back cap. We won like 11 of 12 games.

Every damn AV match I try to get people to D Galv, and maybe 6-7 other people go...and we hold them off for a while but it seems 15+ ally are there and it's a wipe. I've given up and just blacklisted the 40 mans anyway...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415645964#2
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
02/23/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Shâd

100% correct
Reply Quote
I think it's because real pvpers hate Isle and Alterac and no one ques for them any more. So now you're getting what I like to call "mega pugs" which are mostly new people who don't know wtf to do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The bridge at the alliance keep is the best choke point in the game and has 2 bunkers of archers firing on the exposed crossing. the choke point allows alliance to reveal stealth and knock back attackers, all who cross the bridge are under that exposed fire and it will hurt if not killing anyone who cross's the bridge. both bunkers fire at anyone who goes for aid station, and a small group of npc's plus one elite near the blacksmith aggro on anyone advancing on aid plus the 4 guards who guard aid station anyway. South tower is guarded by an elite. all bunkers are open in the game enabling the archers to fire inward and at least one fires on any who attempt to take the flag inside.
The horde choke point at frostwolf is in cover by an extra tower keeping the achers from firing on the alliance approach to frostwolf . a guard with 2 wolves (non elites ) walks a small path to the keep.there is an elite guard in the small village before the path narrows to go into the tower but can be by passed by going around the huts to enter frostwolf. both guard towers to the keep are enclosed along with the flag blocking archer fire and to take the towers pose no problems. There are no extra npcs inside the keep and the relief hut has only the 4 basic guards who guard the flag.

my solution to making av an even fight is to flip the starting points randomly.
Edited by Imback on 2/24/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Imback
my solution to making av an even fight is to flip the starting points.

?????
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
its is like chess ..the white has and advantage of the 1st move....
it gives the horde the advantage of the bridge and keep every so often
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
its is like chess ..the white has and advantage of the 1st move....
it gives the horde the advantage of the bridge and keep every so often

Or instead of making program changes...why not..............just back cap?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
well because it needs to be a fair and balanced game
ur point is to keep playing when its broke.
their advantage should have been changed when the cave was moved back
but they took our advantage away and left the alliance advantage in place
Edited by Imback on 2/24/2013 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
well because it need to be a fair and balanced game
ur point is to keep playing when its broke.
their advantage should have been changed when the cave was moved back
but they took our advantage away and left the alliance advantage in place

No seriously, why don't you just back-cap?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/24/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Imback
The bridge at the alliance keep is the best choke point in the game and has 2 bunkers of archers firing on the exposed crossing. the choke point allows alliance to reveal stealth and knock back attackers, all who cross the bridge are under that exposed fire and it will hurt if not killing anyone who cross's the bridge.

I'll bite. If the Alliance are using the bridge as a chokepoint, 90% of the time they've lost already. They've forfeited Balinda, Stonehearth and Icewing bunkers - that's a 250 reinforcement loss already. 50% of the reinforcements.

The horde choke point at frostwolf is in cover by an extra tower keeping the achers from firing on the alliance approach to frostwolf .

The Frostwolf choke is a good one. Small enclosed place. But that's not your best choke, don't ignore what is an advantage in the Horde's favour: the Iceblood Choke is the most powerful in the game (not the bridge like you previously stated). Iceblood can protect every single one of the Horde assets and not letting a single person through, ever.

my solution to making av an even fight is to flip the starting points randomly.

AV is balanced. Both teams have advantages but the advantages sway towards the Horde's favour. If you defend, it's very likely you'll win because you have a better map layout to do so. If you zerg, you'll have an easier time doing so because of the difference in NPC difficulty.

The Horde lose because they play stupid. All the NPCs in the Alliance base with the exception of the Dun Baldar South level 88 elite, bowmen, graveyard guards and the two non-elite bounty hunters can be perfectly avoided.

You don't need 35 people to kill Balinda. You don't need to aggro everything in the Alliance base. You need to guard the bunkers you cap. You can go in earlier on Vann than the Alliance can go in on Drek. You need to focus fire on Vann instead of attacking the marshals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]