PVE healing class?

90 Undead Death Knight
I'm trying to decide which healer to move into as I haven't been able to find a full time Sat/Sun raid as a tank and dps isn't really for me.

Currently I'm looking at Monk(Mid forties), Priests (83), and a shaman. I'm wanting to have strong control with my healing my concern is that priests seem to be moving into more atonement healing roles which seems more dps like, also they seem to be everywhere and I'm worried if there are to many them to find a solid spot. Monks seem to be fun but do you have to fistweave to be effective? Finally shamans just interest me. They seem to have amazing heals, good utility, and cool mogs but I'm not sure about the dpsing with them.

I know that is a ton of random thoughts but since I've never healed late game I'd love input on those classes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm biased toward Shaman obviously. We have great utility and some nice raid CDs. As for as doing dps...we really don't do a lot outside of spamming Lightning Bolt if you have Telluric Currents glyphed.

Our mastery is what sets us apart from other healers though. 500K Greater Healing Wave crits are nice :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Well I'm not really into focusing on dps or "having" to dps to have useful heals. How hard is gearing with the lower drop rates on mail int gear?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/23/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Venolesion
Well I'm not really into focusing on dps or "having" to dps to have useful heals. How hard is gearing with the lower drop rates on mail int gear?

Gearing with Shaman is pretty easy imo.

You're nearly guarenteed to never be rolling against someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Any play-style input?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/23/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Venolesion
Any play-style input?

That's a really hard question to answer since I'm not you...but as far as how Shaman plays...it does a lot of hard casting spells, with quite a bit of instant raid-wide utility and CD's + 1 very powerful instant cast HoT.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I guess I worded that wrong, I meant on the late game of the classes I was asking about. But yeah, that's what I was asking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
As of now its mostly between Shaman and Monk. I'm worried about the changes to monks though but they're fairly fun.
Edited by Venolesion on 2/24/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are a novice to healing I recommend druid. If you are more experienced I recommend priest. Since you are between monk and shaman. Go for shaman they are rediculously easy also.
Edited by Segolene on 2/24/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]