Hunter's eat us for breakfest

Can anyone defeat a good hunter 1 on 1 ..

With my 65% resilience I feel hopeless vs them ..they literally 1 shot me
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
there's a mage named nightsaber on blackrock, he goes frost every time he duels a BM hunter. Never saw him lose a duel yet and both of them were fully geared, he just goes frost every time he duels a BM hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Can anyone defeat a good hunter 1 on 1 ..

With my 65% resilience I feel hopeless vs them ..they literally 1 shot me

literally probably isn't the best choice of words... which single ability do they one shot you with? are you level 20? or maybe you go into each and every battle with 10% hp?
Edited by Elpadlol on 2/24/2013 12:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think doez hunterz 1-shot ya tru yer ice block 2 ryte? Cold snap is overated anywayz, plus 2 frost novas and a ring of frost and an ice barrier give ya no survivability at all! Nurf hunterz!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Before the removal of dead zone I used to be able to beat hunters pretty consistently, but now I am lost for strategy against them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You don't stand a chance against hunters 1v1, especially without LoS. The only way I've ever been able to kill a not-horrible hunter 1v1 is as fire while pillar humping the crap out of a pillar, only popping out to inferno blast until I have pyro then blowing him up in a Deep when he doesn't have his trinket up.

Also, why is that most of the time people bother to use the word "literally", they literally mean the opposite of what the word literally means?
Reply Quote
02/24/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Markness
I think doez hunterz 1-shot ya tru yer ice block 2 ryte? Cold snap is overated anywayz, plus 2 frost novas and a ring of frost and an ice barrier give ya no survivability at all! Nurf hunterz!

Yea what this guy says! You can obviously nova the hunter, because once rooted they cant reach their arrows/bullets. The ice barrier also helps stop a shot or two, giving you enough time to polly and run like hell. Also the ring of frost will freeze him and his pets (certain pet abilities aside) that break after an entire ice lance, which according to other classes is enough to global someone. And psh, what do they have? two deterrences and a little healing? Please I'll take cold snaps minor healing thats instant (Whoa!) any day!

Don't worry bro I got your back. /brofist
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
against similar geared hunters my strat is:

use combustion to close distance,
*pop ice block when the stampede comes
*force him to burn as many cc breaks as you can before you try to kill them, remember they have BWx2 and a trinket
*sheep the pet on the deterrence
*use combustion + los to evocate every time its up, ignore the pet as best you can while doing this
*use scorch as little as possible (this is important)

*edit* the really sad thing about most hunters, they can be tier 2 and never use a single trap in pvp. i dont get how when mages have complete mobility, like arcane back in wotlk, they nerf it to hell. but then they basically make hunters worse giving them complete mobility and extremely high dps.

blizz makes no sense to me at all.
Edited by Consummate on 2/25/2013 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hunt dps right now is not good for PvE
Reply Quote
Hunters have a chain of CCs that basically one shots us-- you go from stunned, to slieneced, to disoriented-- none of them last more than 4 seconds, but it stacks up very quickly to you being dead.

They can do every shot on the move with no penalty, while we have to stand completely still and cast to do any damage.

They have no minimum range now, so the only way mages used to be able to deal with hunters (get in their face) is now comletely erased.

Its really not fair or fun, you're at a huge disadvantage against them. Granted, I haven't been doing Arenas, so this is just experience from BGs, but the best strat seems to be "Avoid the hunters, go fight someone else" and "Just die so you res quicker".
Edited by Alordis on 2/25/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/25/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Alordis
Hunters have a chain of CCs that basically one shots us

Please stop saying one shot. You're making my brain hurt.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
great, im glad they suck in pve.

if they had a weakness i wouldnt be so angry at the class, but when they have the same tool set as we do, but are not effected by silencing effects or any form of interrupt on there casts, it makes them able to destroy us with little effort.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

why do you want to use scorch as little as possible ?
Reply Quote
Hunters have a chain of CCs that basically one shots us

Ok then. Hunters have a chain of shots which kills us during the span of us having no control over our character even if we use both breaks (Blink and Trinket).

During the span of Silencing Shot (4 Seconds silenced), Scatter Shot (4 seconds disoriented), and Intimidation (4 Second stunned) is more than enough for the hunter, plus his two pets to kill us.
Edited by Alordis on 2/25/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/25/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Alordis

Ok then. Hunters have a chain of shots which kills us during the span of us having no control over our character even if we use both breaks (Blink and Trinket).

During the span of Silencing Shot (4 Seconds silenced), Scatter Shot (4 seconds disoriented), and Intimidation (4 Second stunned) is more than enough for the hunter, plus his two pets to kill us.

Thank you :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

why do you want to use scorch as little as possible ?
Because you are moving.

Hunter doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt.
Edited by Jyodi on 2/25/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Searik

Yea what this guy says! You can obviously nova the hunter, because once rooted they cant reach their arrows/bullets. The ice barrier also helps stop a shot or two, giving you enough time to polly and run like hell. Also the ring of frost will freeze him and his pets (certain pet abilities aside) that break after an entire ice lance, which according to other classes is enough to global someone. And psh, what do they have? two deterrences and a little healing? Please I'll take cold snaps minor healing thats instant (Whoa!) any day!

Don't worry bro I got your back. /brofist

Man I had a long day with 2 hours of sleep but this made me laugh hysterically.

Maybe because of the lack of sleep.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/25/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Alordis

silencing shot is 3 seconds
intimidation is 3 seconds
scatter shot breaks on damage

stampede pets don't actually do that much. they just look intimidating to people and delay cast times. they are also hard countered by frost nova.
Reply Quote
Not Stampede pets. Your Wild Beast plus your regular pet. And Delaying cast times obviously isn't good against mages, right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
All of the range of a caster, none of the cast bars. It's a load of crap. I was leveling up my hunter just to see what possible weakness in PvP they have, didn't find one and had to stop playing it because I felt so damn dirty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]