(PTR)Jab mana = surging mist mana!

100 Pandaren Monk
In ptr patch 5.2, Jab cost 24k mana = mana cost of surging mist! So during high AOE damage period, MW can only use soothing mist or SCK to generate chi which need at least 2 seconds to generate 1 chi. Uplift need 2 chi. So, must use 4 seconds to do 1 uplift! Thus, how can MW AOE heal effectively esp in 10 man raid? If use jab to generate chi, sure oom! Bliz, what should we do?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Like in HOF last boss last phase, with only 2 healers in 10m raid, how can MW AOE heal the long period of high AOE damage? So, MW is not viable in that situation. Raid leader surely choose other class healer to replace MW.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Why would you 2 heal empress? The berserk timer is so lenient, you can 4 heal it if you wanted to.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
If use 4 healers, then dps dec a lot, need more time to kill the boss, more time = more aoe damage need to aoe heal, and MW Will oom.
Edited by Xiongxiong on 2/24/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
First, yes we are less effective, but still viable. Damage spikes are telegraphed almost 20 seconds in advance. Build up your chi, keep your ReM rolling, and thunder focus another ReM in. If that's still not enough, spec into chi brew and jab for the rest of the chi you need.

Second, there is no reason to reduce the number of healers. None at all. Unless your dps can't get the small adds down faster than you build 2 traps.

Edit: with 4 dps, we pushed empress into final phase the instant we finished the first add phase. You shouldn't really have more than 2 add phases, and the way her energy works, if she's hitting a third add phase with your current 6 dps you have a major problem there. One that's not related to monk healing problems
Edited by Rakachu on 2/24/2013 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I mean in ptr, not current patch.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It's fine. Personally I spend most of my time out of melee and I generate plenty of chi from casting renewing mists and channeling soothing mists. If you play smart you'll have no trouble predicting incoming damage and saving Chi for that.

In addition I've heard rumors of them standardizing the Chi we get from soothing mists so that there are fewer dry spells.

In short, yes you'll have to play differently because the way that you were playing before was too good and too easy. Adapt to the changes or reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's fine. Personally I spend most of my time out of melee and I generate plenty of chi from casting renewing mists and channeling soothing mists. If you play smart you'll have no trouble predicting incoming damage and saving Chi for that.

In addition I've heard rumors of them standardizing the Chi we get from soothing mists so that there are fewer dry spells.

In short, yes you'll have to play differently because the way that you were playing before was too good and too easy. Adapt to the changes or reroll.

Why would you roll a Monk if all you wanted to do is heal at range?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

With 2 heals you end up pushing phase 3 half way through the second phase 1. Avoiding that second add phase makes the fight really really simple. You just have to have great healers. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

I rolled a Monk with little intention of using fist weaving. I find the Mist Weaving to be a rather interesting mechanic. I have been using Jab to generate Chi but just won't be doing so after the patch. Keep in mind my Monk is only like level 42 so it may be that I haven't gotten to the interesting Fist Weaving abilities yet. Still, looks like that style of play is being validated and/or encouraged by Blizzard... Which is kind of sad I guess. Will healing heroics off pure Fistweaving be possible after these changes?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I rolled a Monk with little intention of using fist weaving. I find the Mist Weaving to be a rather interesting mechanic. I have been using Jab to generate Chi but just won't be doing so after the patch. Keep in mind my Monk is only like level 42 so it may be that I haven't gotten to the interesting Fist Weaving abilities yet. Still, looks like that style of play is being validated and/or encouraged by Blizzard... Which is kind of sad I guess. Will healing heroics off pure Fistweaving be possible after these changes?

I guess as someone who's played a healer for 8 years I can't see why someone would choose Monk yet ignore the one thing that makes them different than the other healers. There's really no reason not to be on melee range on most encounters in MoP.

I'd say if you mean Heroic 5 mans you can Fistweave now and the Buffs should make it even more viable.

I actually wish Blizzard would have just made Monks primarily melee focused instead of trying to make two healers out of one spec. I'm getting the nagging feeling that some of these god awful changes are because too many "mistweavers" were complaining about being in melee and that could have been avoided with a singular spec focus.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Haha adapt to changes because we were too easy to play. You mean, remove four abilities from my bar, and roll my face on my keyboard for 100k+ HPS while destroying other healers?

Yeah, it's TOTALLY harder than before...oh wait. The previous playstyle of zealweaving is multitudes harder than the new one, and what you cast other than the power spells (ReM/EH/CT/TFT/Uplift from chi from these spells) really doesn't matter anymore. At least before I had to juggle SZ and staying in melee range before for optimal healing. Now I can derp around in BFE and due to ReM jumping 40yd and uplift having no max range I could probably run circles around the raid and lose minimal HPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]