Shaman or Monk?

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm making a Pandaren healer soon but I can't decide between monk or shaman. Anyone have any ideas?

Note: this is for PvE healing
Edited by Hornchief on 2/24/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, if you want options down the road......... monk.. If you want to be good at healing, shammy..

Its that simple.

But because you already have that pally, and monks are a leather wearing pally, you may as well go shammy and have some intresting yet frusterating options such as elemental.......... And to be plain about it, elemental if you are not being sat on by melee is a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Monk is nothing like pally. Monk is a frustrating mass of blah. Go shaman. Lots of cooldowns and the epic ability to save people at low health more easily than most other healing classes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
<-- not optimistic about upcoming changes to monk healing. I'd recommend going with shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If you plan to 3 heal 10 mans, I'd say monk. You'll be bored like 60% of the time and fistweaving will ease the pain.

If you are 2 healing... that's up to you. Shaman's are 2 trick ponies - continuous stacked AoE healing - large 3 min burst CDs. If the ranged is /range8 or /range10 spread... you pretty much have to rely on the other healer to do all the healing on the ranged dpsers/healers.

The upside of a shaman is better utility and a less goofy rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
APM
Every raid needs a shaman healer. They have the BEST raid cd's in the game. I love my mana tide totem.

Monks have to deal with that chi generating crap to do well. Shamans can just show up and heal. Not to mention some gear will serve double duty as ele making a OS easier to obtain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shammy can bloodlust, monk can't. Monk get nerf on every patch and lack of utilities. Shammy is better choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]