Definition of a premade?

1 Pandaren Monk
So I did a battleground (Arathi Basin) where I saw a group of 5 alliances from Kel'Thuzzad, and 4 alliances from an other server (which I can't remember the name of), and I mentioned that "were up against a premade", and someone said "4/5 people is not a premade." This isn't the first time I was told this. So I ask, what is the definition of a premade?

I was under the impression that a group that is PREviously made before a bg, is a PREmade group to queue up for bgs. So even a group of 2 players queue'ing together is still considered a pre-made group, that is a fact by definition, is it not? Though I'm aware that 2 players premade isn't worth mentioning in chat, but I felt that a group of 4-5 would be worth mentioning at the very least. So, what is the definition of a premade in WoW PvP? Can someone clear that up for me?
Edited by Borrachoso on 2/24/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Everybody has their own definition.

For me, any group size above 5 is a 'premade'. Anything 5 or below is a 'group'. Blizzard allows people to queue in groups of 5 for BGs; they put the "join as group" button there for a reason.

I'm not a fan of premades.

When my friends and I want to pvp, we make a group and hop into some BGs. If it so happens that there are 6+ of us online, we simply break into groups of 3/4 and go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
LNC
IMO premades are groups above 5 players queueing into a BG.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
02/24/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Toskosa
my headsets were premade before i bought them.

As were my pickup lines when I went clubbing in Vegas
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Even if toons are from different servers, it can still be a premade. There's no definitive way to tell. Yes, if they are from the same server it's highly likely they are a premade. But, just because they are from different servers doesn't mean they didn't group together using oqueue. In addition, it could be two different premades. I see that often. If 5 are form one server and 5 are form another server, then it may be two premades, and I call that a premade.

Eveyone has their own definition. You could technically say 2 is a premade. It is, but I wouldn't probably call it a premade in the sense that 2 out of say 10 won't have as high as an impact is say 5 out of 10.
Edited by Magdasearu on 2/25/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think the current definition of a Premade is 5+ with co-ordinated teams.

They wil be sure to have healers and a decent FC (if needed).

They will have voice communication, a leader and will focus targets, respond to incs and move effectively as a group.

Despites claims to deny it, they are on the rise.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Everybody has their own definition.

For me, any group size above 5 is a 'premade'. Anything 5 or below is a 'group'. Blizzard allows people to queue in groups of 5 for BGs; they put the "join as group" button there for a reason.

I'm not a fan of premades.

When my friends and I want to pvp, we make a group and hop into some BGs. If it so happens that there are 6+ of us online, we simply break into groups of 3/4 and go for it.

My definition is a group premade that = 50% on the Battle Ground

10 man = 5
15 man = 7+
Edited by Paníc on 2/25/2013 6:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/25/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Boudecca
I think the current definition of a Premade is 5+ with co-ordinated teams.
5 players queueing together is perfectly legit, while 6+ is "frowned upon", so you have to draw the line at 6 not 5. Moreover 5 players in a group formed from trade chat, not using vent, is barely better than a pug.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/25/2013 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
The definition of a "premade": any team which gives the illusion of "working together" to beat your team.

If you encounter such a team, please report to the forums immediately and begin whining.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What do you think 5+ means? It means more than 5
Edited by Boudecca on 2/25/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
A premade is anything that brings people crying to the forums
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No 5+ means 5 or more. You mean 6+.

02/25/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Shâd
A premade is anything that brings people crying to the forums
Quint admitted to AFKing out when he sees 3 or more players from the same server.
Edited by Kiaransali on 2/25/2013 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Monk
02/25/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Kiaransali
No 5+ means 5 or more. You mean 6+.

Point. Set. Match.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So, Pinata, maybe it's the skills, then?

Also - my server, Fenris, isn't a high pop server, we aren't known for much of anything...

But, Horde side, we do have a not bad number of fairly skilled, geared, and enthusiastic PvP fans. It's not unheard of to solo queue a bg, and find a couple people I am friends with, that I have done TB, or WG, or Halaa, or Hellfire, for years with.

If Nah and Cel and I go in, and meet Exco or Inno, yeah, we'll work together, we'll jump into vent, and we will likely rip thru the other team.

All without actually knowing the chance was going to come up.

Pinata strikes me, based on past posts, as the kind of person who believes fairness involves handicapping the top people to give the bottom the illusion of equality.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Except, a stacked deck involves blatant cheating - stacking a deck means arranging the sequence of cards, not just the ones you will play, but the opponents as well. You can stack a deck to minimize your power, (ie, give yourself a pair of 10's...) and to give the other player nearly a royal flush...only to deny him that last card after he bet his house.

I'm wondering if your issue with premades, or groups, or gear, is more to do with, well, at your age, reflexes and reactions slow. I mean, at 2/3's your age...I notice it happening to me.

All gaming involves trying to stack every advantage you can, and by gaming, I mean anytime one human is competing in some way against another. It isn't dirty pool, it's doing God's will...

edit - after your post to the former marine the other night, you have no business trying for the moral high ground.

My elite team? what team? I solo queue for 90% of my matches, and then look forward to seeing if I can construct a winning team from what the queue gives me. If that requires me to spend an entire match solo at Farm, so be it. Feasts, cookies, communication, morale boosting...I do it all. Encouraging the undergeared, giving support and peels, dropping soulwells everywhere...

I am so what every player in a pug wants on their team - Somebody willing to work with anybody to get a good match, win or lose. Somebody who regards premades on the other side as just a bit more challenge.

Oh, this little light of mine, I'm gonnna let it shine, let it shine.....
Edited by Vual on 2/25/2013 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]