Ret or Holy for 5.2 PVP

90 Human Paladin
I am currently playing holy and have half mal, half dread. I have not pvp'ed much on retribution, but I have used the spec a little bit for leveling and doing dailies. When I started playing pally in 5.1, I initially planned on going ret, but my friend recommended that I go holy as its "viability" was greater. In 5.2 do you think I will do alright as ret or should I stay holy.

Keep in mind I will gear both, it's just a matter on what I use conquest on first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It'll be a long time yet before Ret takes priority over Holy. Keep your ret spec just for fun now and again, but get acquainted with Holy and you'll do more good.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Or you could always just say "!@#$ it, I love Ret better and find it more fun to play" than just play holy because everyone tells you too... but thats just me
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a ret, will I still be able to find spots on arena/rbg teams? I am normally 1600-17500 arenas and 1450-1550 rbgs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do what you enjoy man. No sence in playing a game if you dont enjoy what you are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/25/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Ronaconda
As a ret, will I still be able to find spots on arena/rbg teams? I am normally 1600-17500 arenas and 1450-1550 rbgs.

Unless you know someone or you're the raid leader then chances are you won't get picked for any serious RBG's. That's not a ret specific problem however, just melee in general except for DK's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]