Power Word: Django Unshackled

90 Blood Elf Priest
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.

The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812

To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:

1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.

2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.

3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.

4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.

5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!

6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.

Vent info:
teamlights

IRC info:
irc.p2p-network.net
#powerword

Thread discussion: What was your favesies boss of T14 and why?
100 Night Elf Priest
So far, I really, really like H Lei Shi and H Vizier. The dynamics of each fight are pretty awesome; overall, I just feel more engaged.

Off-topic:

I'm pretty sure QC's Marten is the Once-ler.
90 Blood Elf Priest
What was your favesies boss of T14 and why?
I don't know that I have a 'favesies' boss in T14, I like Protectors in ToES, because they're not really gimmick fights and you have the option of doing the order differently and I like that type of variety, the other bosses feel like DPS races with too many repetitive grindy phases, the worst is Sha for that. I hate most of the bosses in HoF, because of their gimmicky mechanics, which gimp my damage or wipes can occur just because one person isn't quite on the ball. So bosses like Garalon and Empress feel fun relative to them. MSV feels like the opposite of HoF where I like most of the bosses the exception being Spirit Kings, but even Spirit King is a fight I like more than Sha of Fear or Amber-Shaper. It just sucks that MSV had gimped ilvl gear.

RE: Power Word: Django Unshackled
I haven't really been in the mood for a Tarantino flick, myself. I'll probably look out for it on Netflix though.
90 Undead Priest
02/25/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Nixxin
Thread discussion: What was your favesies boss of T14 and why?

Not Sha.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Adding an interesting extra mechanic to P1 and not backloading 90% of the damage to the last 10% of the fight would have made it pretty okay imo. Other than the 20 minutes part.
Edited by Nixxin on 2/25/2013 9:25 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
02/25/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Nixxin
Other than the 20 minutes part.
90 Undead Priest
My favorite bosses (all on Normal, as I am a nub):

1. Elegon. I just thought it was fun, and got even more fun when I switched to my spriest

2. Tsulong.

3. Elite Protectors

4. Amber Shaper (only just got a few pulls in on him tonight, despite having cleared the rest of the bosses. I liked the fight though)

Least favorite fight is probably Mr Tornado lane, only because I get sick and tired of watching people get yanked about. Sha is probably my second least favorite fight. There are some fun moments here and there with it, but the fight just never excites.
90 Night Elf Priest
empress looks like it'll be fun.

i don't always race/faction change out of desire. often it depends on most used role, though i've been every race there is for priest at one time or another (sometimes twice). at this point I don't plan on changing my race unless i ever go horde again which is unlikely.

though i have to admit sometimes i get bored of being a certain race, usually for animations and such... these days i just carry all my alternate appearance items and i plan on stocking up on illusion potions and stuff soon too!

for instance, this race/faction change was my first since last november. i was a blood elf then and went to another horde realm, sticking with blood elf even though i was shadow. then i went alliance and the clear choice for me if i'm ever called upon to play shadow AND heal (i seem to be pretty set in a healing role with esheep at this point, though i will always do what my guild calls upon me to do without reservation) was human, and for healing? human spirit racial. plus the most ridiculous dancing animation..

I liked the worgen dancing animation lol
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
My DK may be all Kawoom... and then Infect! and then hack slash murder murder murder kill kill kill! for a wide swath of foes!

.. but....

My priest is all Sproing.. dotndotndotndotndotndotndot and fwoosh! then it's all perklunk each padunkadunk and plop plop fizz fizz over the fight it is.

yeh. priests.
100 Goblin Priest
Death knights are cool.
90 Human Priest
Heroic Will of the Emperor

DoT ALL the things!
90 Draenei Priest
Lei Shi, I heart your sound files.

"Stay awayyyyyy"
30 Undead Priest
Lei Shi, I heart your sound files.

"Stay awayyyyyy"

It's your fault it happened!
90 Human Priest
Ugh XT 2.0, worst fight of the tier as ranked my my ear drums.
30 Undead Priest
I find her to be cute and endearing. Sha however, I find his enthusiasm for making you afraid rather over the top.

Breath of Fear in 3
Breath of Fear in 2
Breath of Fear in 1

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
90 Human Priest
02/25/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Truewan
I liked the worgen dancing animation lol

we are men of action. lies do not become us.

02/26/2013 03:40 AMPosted by Woaden
Ugh XT 2.0, worst fight of the tier as ranked my my ear drums.

get outta town, she's so cute! I WILL HIDE UNTIL U LEAVE!!

Heroic Will of the Emperor

CC ALL the things!

fixed.

personally i'm a big fan of the ones people seem to hate: heroic vizier/spirit kings/garalon even (though not to the same degree, since it's barely different from normal). I also enjoy protectors and tsulong too, though I have yet to do those on heroic.

i just really like fights that force people to move their feet and to some extent think on their feet. chaos is really fun in a fight because it means it can change a little each time and it makes things more interesting for everyone involved.
90 Undead Priest
H Spirit Kings was a good collection of all standard raid mechanics. Garalon is lame.
90 Human Priest
ur mom is lame.

YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE YOU CANT SIT THERE AND DO MAX DPS JERK GARALON IS A PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU???
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/26/2013 6:28 AM PST
90 Undead Priest
Garalon isn't fun even if I can sit there and just DPS.
90 Worgen Warlock
Garalon spewed his hot, sticky pheromones all over me and moved over toward me, and I knew I was going to be crushed all night long. I was going to "mend his leg" alright.

Also does anyone know who damu is? I got a friend request on WoW and it doesn't ring a bell, figured it was one of you guys.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]