Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.
The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812
To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:
1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.
2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.
3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.
4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.
5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!
6. Why aren't you in IRC yet? Gosh.
Thread discussion: What was your favesies boss of T14 and why?
What was your favesies boss of T14 and why?
I don't know that I have a 'favesies' boss in T14, I like Protectors in ToES, because they're not really gimmick fights and you have the option of doing the order differently and I like that type of variety, the other bosses feel like DPS races with too many repetitive grindy phases, the worst is Sha for that. I hate most of the bosses in HoF, because of their gimmicky mechanics, which gimp my damage or wipes can occur just because one person isn't quite on the ball. So bosses like Garalon and Empress feel fun relative to them. MSV feels like the opposite of HoF where I like most of the bosses the exception being Spirit Kings, but even Spirit King is a fight I like more than Sha of Fear or Amber-Shaper. It just sucks that MSV had gimped ilvl gear.
RE: Power Word: Django Unshackled
I haven't really been in the mood for a Tarantino flick, myself. I'll probably look out for it on Netflix though.
Adding an interesting extra mechanic to P1 and not backloading 90% of the damage to the last 10% of the fight would have made it pretty okay imo. Other than the 20 minutes part.
Edited by Nixxin on 2/25/2013 9:25 PM PST
My favorite bosses (all on Normal, as I am a nub):
1. Elegon. I just thought it was fun, and got even more fun when I switched to my spriest
3. Elite Protectors
4. Amber Shaper (only just got a few pulls in on him tonight, despite having cleared the rest of the bosses. I liked the fight though)
Least favorite fight is probably Mr Tornado lane, only because I get sick and tired of watching people get yanked about. Sha is probably my second least favorite fight. There are some fun moments here and there with it, but the fight just never excites.
empress looks like it'll be fun.
I liked the worgen dancing animation lol
My DK may be all Kawoom... and then Infect! and then hack slash murder murder murder kill kill kill! for a wide swath of foes!
My priest is all Sproing.. dotndotndotndotndotndotndot and fwoosh! then it's all perklunk each padunkadunk and plop plop fizz fizz over the fight it is.
we are men of action. lies do not become us.
get outta town, she's so cute! I WILL HIDE UNTIL U LEAVE!!
Heroic Will of the Emperor
personally i'm a big fan of the ones people seem to hate: heroic vizier/spirit kings/garalon even (though not to the same degree, since it's barely different from normal). I also enjoy protectors and tsulong too, though I have yet to do those on heroic.
i just really like fights that force people to move their feet and to some extent think on their feet. chaos is really fun in a fight because it means it can change a little each time and it makes things more interesting for everyone involved.
Garalon spewed his hot, sticky pheromones all over me and moved over toward me, and I knew I was going to be crushed all night long. I was going to "mend his leg" alright.
Also does anyone know who damu is? I got a friend request on WoW and it doesn't ring a bell, figured it was one of you guys.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.