Power Word: Django Unshackled

90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Nixxe
These are what we call "standards". You should get some.

now i know you've never actually watched it. then again you keep a tight reign on your emotions so i'm surprised you even like disney! everyone in all of those movies are highly irrational.
90 Undead Priest
now i know you've never actually watched it. then again you keep a tight reign on your emotions so i'm surprised you even like disney! everyone in all of those movies are highly irrational.

It was the first favorite movie I had. I simply don't give weight to nostalgia. Lion King, Hercules, Mulan, etc are all much better children's movies.

Who judges fictional characters with the same standards they judge actual people? Characters are plot devices. Everything about them from personality to behavior is invented with the intent of fulfilling a specific purpose. People are... people.
Edited by Nixxe on 2/26/2013 11:46 AM PST
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Nixxe
I simply don't give weight to nostalgia

do you think everyone gives weight to nostalgia all the time except you? my opinion in this case gives no weight to nostalgia. why do you think we remember so many individual lines from land before time? those moments stick with us. that movie teaches about the human experience through the guise of dinosaurs. it teaches us about the folly of racism, how to band together in spite of adversity, how to overcome and conquer your rational and irrational fears, how to struggle on when all hope seems to be lost and your whole world feels like it has collapsed around you. it teaches us about hope and hard work and friendship and love and about realizing our goals and holding on to our deepest desires. it teaches us about growing up and growing together. and it does all of these things so simply that you almost don't even realize what is happening.

c'mon... that moment when cera storms off and says "I'll find my own food!" She keeps smashing into the tree over and over to knock the leaves down and little foot, seeing this, picks up some leaves and drops them down. She doesn't even know that he did it, but that simple act of kindness helps to form a bond between them. I'm not sure if you believe in kindness for kindness' sake whether for no personal benefit, but... just... what can you tell me about the disney movies you love? what is it about them specifically that draws you to them?

i've seen just about every classic disney movie from cinderella and sleeping beauty to the little mermaid, the lion king, pocahontas, toy story movies and all. they are all great. but just the way the land before time tells its story and the message it gives... it should go without saying.
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/26/2013 12:03 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
02/26/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Tsilyi
why do you think we remember so many individual lines from land before time?

I don't and I watched it like nonstop when I was 3 or 4 (Probably even into 5 and 6 really). Can quote 16,000 Disney movies though.

what is it about them specifically that draws you to them?

The characters, the humor, the songs. If you want life lessons though, Disney movies are full of them.

I'm not sure if you believe in kindness for kindness' sake whether for no personal benefit,

Literally does not exist. What we call being selfless is when people are acting on their own behalf in smaller or more indirect ways.
Edited by Nixxe on 2/26/2013 12:09 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
A little late, but my favorite fight this tier is probably Wind Lord. I like Smite-ing for redonkulous amounts of damage :D
100 Tauren Priest
http://www.animatedbuzz.com/WB/images/coverart01.jpg

That's for you Vixie.

And yes I have that original VHS cover.
78 Human Priest
(link)

That's for you Vixie.

And yes I have that original VHS cover.

You know, this reminds me of something I was thinking about before bed last night. Er, no, not like that. How come whenever people draw !@#$%es, like either as graffiti or easter eggs or whatever, they're always circumcised? Is it really that accepted and recognizable in every culture? I know it's not just a US thing. I see it in Japanese graffiti and anime too. Or those East Asian cultures that decorate their homes with ^-*!@ carvings, can't think of the name of the place.

Always circumcised. What gives!
100 Night Elf Priest
Favorite boss in T14 thus far? I'm pretty much a fan of ToES as a whole. The other instances can bite it.

@Elethia: What do you mean Marten is the Once-ler? Like, in comparison to his relationships, or que?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2393
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m21j7kSXGD1r50rd3.gif

Pretty much the same person.
100 Tauren Priest
02/26/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Merrz
Always circumcised. What gives!

That's a random thing to think about O.o

But in this case it was probably that way to make it a little less noticeable. I never knew that was there till it was pointed out to me. Kind of hard to cover up a uncircumsized @!%%*!@@ though.
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Nixxe
What we call being selfless is when people are acting on their own behalf in smaller or more indirect ways.

that's what you believe, sure. i guess that's alright. we all believe our own reality or lack thereof.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Ahh, an inadvertent phallus. Shows up naturally in rock formations and other places too.

Mer, it's more recognizable that way. Otherwise it would just look like a one-eyed snake or Dune wyrm. =P
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Rapsidy
Kind of hard to cover up a uncircumsized @!%%*!@@ though.

Reading Rapsidy posts is like playing Wheel of Fortune.

CAN I BUY A VOWEL?
90 Undead Priest
that's what you believe, sure. i guess that's alright. we all believe our own reality or lack thereof.

You can't simply ignore that we're still animals.
100 Tauren Priest
Reading Rapsidy posts is like playing Wheel of Fortune.

CAN I BUY A VOWEL?

I am so terrible at that show. That and Jeopardy. My brain just does not work that way.
78 Human Priest
Nixx is so cynical it actually makes me question my own cynicism.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
We of faith first salute the ancient wisdom whose truth today is no less for age.

The crusade bears sword, shield, and faith. The shield die first, faith be chastized. The faith die first, shield be chastized. The sword die first, sword be chastized.

The sword is brittle but sharp. The shield is enduring but cannot win alone. Faith unifies sword and shield, both kept strong and in the service of the light.

To the emboldened shield who fights with the very righteous courage of the gods... I say to you that I shall make that Leap of Faith and keep you in the light and out of darkness and raging fire. Penance shall be upon thee and the true power of the light will shower.

Be warned though, brave shield. Should you stray too far from the light then the powers of darkness will be upon thee and yay though I lay boosts of speed to narrow our distance... it will be up to you, brave tank, to survive the cold winter's night alone until when morning light breaks upon you.

Not solely through the light is faith rewarded. The crusader will protect the true servants of the light. Let pride in powers of the light not be thy undoing. The shield is of the light, as is the faith, and the sword as well. Let the power of each combine and smash its vehement fury upon thy enemies and rends their limbs from their heretical bodies, laying waste to the foul taint that corrupts our righteous lands.

Let unity of position and purpose guide you to the death and destruction of all who would stand against you. Unify and victory is decided before the battle begun!

Then shall you also together loot the corpses of thy enemies for trifles and coin for heavy drink.

In the name of the light in whose bright guidance we follow, you are now ready for battle!
90 Human Priest
02/26/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Nixxe
You can't simply ignore that we're still animals.

I'm not ignoring it. What you and I believe is "acting on ones own behalf" and are obviously not the same. just because brain chemistry exists and doing certain things make you feel good or bad doesn't mean they're inherently selfish. I'm willing to accept that your perception of reality is different than mine, I guess.

e: merr... nixx and i are practically the antithesis to each other in a lot of ways. nobody will ever be quite sure how we manage to get along.
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/26/2013 12:34 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oh gawd Snowy, stop that arrpee'ing and figure out what a 8-letter word that follows uncircumcised could be.

This is more important-er!

ps. Tsilly, antithesis is the perfect word. Some people are like wired differently which would make any simple kind gesture have ulterior motives. eg. This intersection close to work has 1 crosswalk signal that only activates when you hit the button. The other 3 are automatic. I've seen people stand there waiting through two series and never get a Walk signal. So I hit it when I walk by, even if I'm not crossing. They don't know I did that for them.

It's a fundamental awareness of other people in your area and "taking care" of them, even in small ways. I would think someone who plays a healer would be kinda like that even IRL.
Edited by Vixie on 2/26/2013 12:42 PM PST
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

e: merr... nixx and i are practically the antithesis to each other in a lot of ways. nobody will ever be quite sure how we manage to get along.

Its simple math, when you multiply a positive number and a negative number together, they add up to become a new number. Because of science, that number is always a good number unlike what bad numbers we sometimes get.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Oh gawd Snowy, stop that arrpee'ing and figure out what a 8-letter word that follows uncircumcised could be.

This is more important-er!

I dont know... "brisbomb"?... like "we totally dropped a brisbomb on that kid"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]