Holy Pallies and AoE

90 Tauren Paladin
I've had plenty of healers in raiding environments, but never a pally. I am so used to spamming my AoE heals in response to AoE damage... But Holy Radiance feels like a really inefficient heal. I have no numbers to back this up, but is HR as situational as it feels, or should I be casting it like crazy during AoE? I hope this makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
only use HR for stacked aoe. for spread your best best is light of dawn (or EF as many people as possible) and single target healing. imo, spread aoe damage is our biggest weakness
Edited by Jarshie on 2/26/2013 8:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It really is, especially in 10 man where HR is used much, much less because having enough people stack for it to be worth using is rare.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Like mentioned above, I personally like to roll EF on the raid to help with AoE damage and use HR if stacked / LoD for spread for burst AoE.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
HR is situational, but not useless. As has been mentioned you do need a significant amount of stacking to make it win out over a DL cast, but the key is to think of it as a means to an end....more holy power. Plus, it procs daybreak as well, so HR has more going for it then just its raw healing.

In any kind of aoe situation your only true aoe spell with any kick is LoD, and so your goal should be to stack holy power as quickly as possible to pump them out. This means weaving in holy shocks on cd even during aoe, preferably after a HR for the extra daybreak healing, and casting DL directly on beaconed targets for ToR holy power. This logic holds for EF blanketing as well. So does HR heal for a lot? No, not especially. Is it situational? Yup. Is it still useful? Absolutely!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
For mass spike AOE dmg...Holy Avenger...HR...LOD...HS...LOD...HR...LOD...rinse repeat for 18sec.....I love solo healing Spirit kings (1st phase)....stacked up...chain CDs...easy peasy...spread AOE requires picking targets wisely for HR/daybreak, and use EF/LOD to catch the rest
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]