What is the Tank Bag?

90 Draenei Paladin
New guy here I have been reading about the tank bag popping up for dungeons. What is this? And how do you go about getting it? Thx n advance
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Its only for heroics at 90
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
In mid-Cataclysm Blizzard added a system to the Dungeon Finder called Call to Arms. The Call to Arms system analyzes the ratio of tanks, healers, and DPS queuing for max-level heroic dungeons and, if it finds that there's not enough of a given role queuing, it will add a Call to Arms for that role. The Call to Arms will give anyone who queues for that role a Satchel of Exotic Goods upon completion of a dungeon while the Call to Arms is active.

Satchels can contain gold, uncut gems, potions, and rarely pets and mounts.
Edited by Keten on 2/26/2013 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
at the very least, its a decent way of getting some extra cash :P

the mount/pet ratio is a nice incentive, but its rare enough to get one that you can't count on it at all (just nice for the back of your mind while dungeon running).

But an extra 80-100 gold and usually a flask worth 40-120g on the AH, per run, makes for a nice supplementary income sometimes :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/26/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Skydaemon
But an extra 80-100 gold and usually a flask worth 40-120g on the AH, per run, makes for a nice supplementary income sometimes :P

The rest of the time you get a Master Mana Potion. :p
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Since I came back to WoW just before Christmas I've gotten 3x of the Swift White plainstriders and 2x Blue Drakes.

Both of which I already had when I quit playing at the end of Wrath.

I think the RNG of WoW likes to mock me. Also, don't ask me how many heroics I've tanked between my DK and my warrior. It's a number that is far too high.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I go the durotar scorpion pet twice from it in Cata. That was a nice 10k gold.

My only irritation with the satchel was that sometimes you didn't get it at the end, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Since I came back to WoW just before Christmas I've gotten 3x of the Swift White plainstriders and 2x Blue Drakes.

I have yet to see a mount and have been tanking from the start. I hate you and all you stand for.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

I have yet to see a mount and have been tanking from the start. I hate you and all you stand for.

If the mounts were not BoP, then you could be mad. However, I had to delete them as not to waste bag/bank space.

It makes a person sad.

If I could have sold them, then I would have been very happy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I got my raven lord out of it on my shaman. Few pets. Lotta gold, some flasks, and some pots of each type.

Seems like they're very rare nowadays...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/28/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Darpalta
I got my raven lord out of it on my shaman. Few pets. Lotta gold, some flasks, and some pots of each type.

You got the raven lord mount from a tank bag on your shaman...wat
Reply Quote
02/28/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Nastirr

You got the raven lord mount from a tank bag on your shaman...wat

They rarely pop for healing. I think I've gotten 2 on my resto shammy
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I get pets, gold, flasks, buff food, and the odd item. I am currently funding my (admittedly very casual) guild with this income. Tankin' is straight pimpin'.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
The bag is pretty worthless unless you're going to run them anyway, and since heroics are pointless why would you. You average less than 100g including the items and it takes 20-30 mins for a run. You can get 100+ g just from 1 stack of frostweave cloth. The mounts/pets are quite rare, at least for anything that is remotely interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]