Post your Holy Paladin PVE tricks here

90 Undead Priest
So I know every healer has them, but they can be difficult to pick out right off the bat to a new healer. I am switching to a holy paladin for 5.2, and I wanted to learn all the tips and tricks I could.

One separate/related question, when people talk about EF blanketing the raid, are they referring to 1 HP or 3 HP eternal flames?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I know every healer has them, but they can be difficult to pick out right off the bat to a new healer. I am switching to a holy paladin for 5.2, and I wanted to learn all the tips and tricks I could.

One separate/related question, when people talk about EF blanketing the raid, are they referring to 1 HP or 3 HP eternal flames?

Burning DP procs on LoD/EF depending on what kind of damage I'm seeing. Don't let them go to waste.

As for EF blanketing, you can do it both ways. aim for 3HoPo for the tanks though, and anyone else you see taking big batches of damage. For others....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Weak Auaras or Power Auras to track you CD on HS another one will be the cooldown bar. I just prefer weak aura because you can make an icon to show on CD. As well if you take holy prism make one for that as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Be sneaky and never heal your beacon. 50% of your other heals will go to them anyway, might as well heal someone else. Space out your heals (cast a radiance then count to 2 before casting again) so you get better mana regen. Watch your DBM for a bosses AE ability, then time your Radiance, HS, radiance, LoD, HS for the split second after it hits.

Win teh LFR meters! Who cares about being good?

-Worst Healer 2008, 2009, 2012.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I try and roll EF on several people.

My biggest trick is I log onto my disc priest for spread aoe fights like Empress 25.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Burning DP procs on LoD/EF depending on what kind of damage I'm seeing. Don't let them go to waste.

As for EF blanketing, you can do it both ways. aim for 3HoPo for the tanks though, and anyone else you see taking big batches of damage. For others....
Pretty much this, EF is soo incredibly useful, I'm surprised it hasn't been nerfed yet.

Also, only use Divine Light/Flash of Light on the Beaconed player, as you gain holy power from it (good mana management method), which means you should use glyph of Beacon of Light. It makes it where you can cast Beacon of Light during a GCD, which comes in handy for when you need to Divine Light/Flash of Light a non-beaconed target.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, I use Beacon of Light glyph, and when someone needs a large heal and there's no particular danger in doing a 2+ second cast and target switch, I'll swap Beacon of Light to the person and cast a Divine Light, to generate more Holy Power.

Although excessive use of Divine Light is definitely not easy on the mana pool (I do this Beacon swap and DL quite a lot, actually), but I think it's just because I still don't have the best mana-conserving skills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]