Unholy Death Knight

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
When the blizzard will wake up and see that it is necessary to improve the Unholy Death Knight, since I'm going with this game with rage spec unbalanced. Trash damage compared to other classes and specs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Ummm... you are aware UH dk gets a buff 5.2??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/28/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Dezdemonda

Not just buffs, HUGE QoL changes. When 5.2 hits unholy will have much better target switching and burst ability.

Can we at least wait till the new patch comes out to start the unholy QQ? :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/28/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Karaahl

Not just buffs, HUGE QoL changes. When 5.2 hits unholy will have much better target switching and burst ability.

Can we at least wait till the new patch comes out to start the unholy QQ? :)

My biggest fear is that the individuals who police Death Knight changes: S5 survivors who complain at first sight of unholy doing tolerable DPS will scream for their reparations int he form of nerfs to the spec.

It has happened before... so I'm not exactly celebrating yet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

My biggest fear is that the individuals who police Death Knight changes: S5 survivors who complain at first sight of unholy doing tolerable DPS will scream for their reparations int he form of nerfs to the spec.

It has happened before... so I'm not exactly celebrating yet.

Kassadin, I understand where you're coming from, but to be fair these buffs aren't as extensive as last time. No massive Unholy Might buffs to 25% or something ridiculous like that, its really just QoL changes like listed above, and a SMALL buff to SS, and a nice buff to Diseases.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It seems to be seen how UH will perform in 5.2.
Our survival wasn't buffed at all, however it seems almost every class on the same level of survival in 5.2 if that is a case then dk's will be more than fine, if not no point playing this game being dk.

Yes they buffed damage but our damage even now fine being frost and UH it will be more retarded in next patch.

Looking at the streams and seeing how rogues/warriors/monks die in stuns tells us that most likely dk will be ok, since everyone will be in the same boat when it comes to dying.

And that 30 sec asphyxiate will really help against many comps.
Reply Quote
will say this I'm really going to miss 10% SS and most of all 30% unholy frenzy. T.T
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/01/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Nósduh
Kassadin, I understand where you're coming from, but to be fair these buffs aren't as extensive as last time. No massive Unholy Might buffs to 25% or something ridiculous like that, its really just QoL changes like listed above, and a SMALL buff to SS, and a nice buff to Diseases.

You might not be aware of how much these are going to affect your performance relative to Frost.

• Blood Plague now deals 15% more damage.
  • Frost Fever now deals 15% more damage.
  • Reaping now also applies to Icy Touch.
  • Summon Gargoyle no longer costs Runic Power.
  • Gargoyle Strike now also deals Shadow damage, in addition to Nature damage.
  • Ebon Plaguebringer now causes Plague Strike to inflict Frost Fever, in addition to its other effects.
  • Scourge Strike now deals 3.8% more damage.

Diseases help both specs, but Unholy's diseases hit much harder since your disease snapshot AP doesn't change with every few seconds, so you can load them up with procs and keep them rolling.

IT with reaping helps for AoE setup, since you won't have lone Frost runes anymore with which to do nothing. Instead, they become useful.

Gargoyle not costing RP is actually a pretty big deal. It was rapidly approaching the point where it would be a DPS loss to cast Gargoyle simply because of the DPS you give up to summon it. Removing the cost removes this negative effect. Scaling with mastery just makes it moderately better, but the former effect is much stronger.

SS should be pretty obvious, I would hope.

While none of these, individually, are huge buffs, combined they're actually a pretty decent increase.

The dominant public perception of Unholy is that it's just bad. The reality is that's because WoL is going to give you a very, very small sample size (and therefore not representative), and because of fight mechanics, but it actually sims higher than Frost on single-target.
Reply Quote
I want improvement in Damage, I want to be able to kill a player at the same speed of other classes (this compared to same items, gear, player skill).
I want to be able to do without changing PvE spec, I want to have the damage balanced with other classes and Specs. The changes in 5.2 will not provide that.
Edited by Shädøws on 3/1/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
03/01/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Shädøws
I want to be able to kill a player at the same speed of other classes

You are playing the wrong spec for this.

Unholy is a DoT/control spec. Why would you think it should kill at the same speed of more bursty classes?
Reply Quote
Not that I think this, but the DoTs of Unholy as very weak, so I think a solution would be to buff mastery. But for example, take a shadow priest and warlock DoT is also afliction control, the damage is much higher, very much. Summing up the Unholy DPS is weak, either for pve or pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
See, this proves you know nothing. Affiction DoTs hit for around 3500-5000 average per tick. The only thing making Affliction viable is Malefic Grasp. DoTs by themselves for Affliction are basically useless. So you're obviously just talking out of your a$# as you have no idea what kind of damage other specs or classes do.

You also have obviously not played Unholy. Individual strikes don't hit for as much as Frost, but Unholy is not about individual strike damage, which is why you have damage from diseases and pets to add to the damage total.

03/04/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Shädøws
Not that I think this, but the DoTs of Unholy as very weak, so I think a solution would be to buff mastery. But for example, take a shadow priest and warlock DoT is also afliction control, the damage is much higher, very much. Summing up the Unholy DPS is weak, either for pve or pvp.
Edited by Kaely on 3/4/2013 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Shädøws
you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
idiot, if I'm complaining is because already tried other classes and specs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Let's just let this thread die a quick death yeah?
Reply Quote
Never mind it, no use trying to argue with player who thinks he knows everything, so ignorant and stupid people only want to discuss. So let me just call blizzard to see what can be done if it is necessary or not an improvement, to be fair, after all who am I to say what ta good or not in a game with so much diversity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
DW Frost isn't even the top dps by any means. There are other classes that can beat us. The changes for Unholy is to level the playing field. Don't expect enough buffs to be the god of all dps. Unholy wasn't truly greatly behind but the quality of life changes coming will help Unholy better combat fight mechanics that work against them. Unholy will always pay a slight price to timing/management just because of CD's like the Gargoyle, Unholy Frenzy on top of any timing in regards to Timmy's buff.

Unholy will always have the peak dps with just a valley here and there. Frost will be more stable in a sense compared damage wise just will never peak as high. The nature of how the specs work. 2 Handed Frost currently has the peak dps by doing 3 quick obliterates but in particular at 5.2 unholy will be able to do some really nice Burst with every CD used they will just have a future dip in their damage due to the devs having to take their CD's into account. If you are wanting to play a DK and be a god? We won't have. But if you manage to get 2% more damage over time sustained? That means you are in a good place.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/04/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Shädøws
Never mind it, no use trying to argue with player who thinks he knows everything, so ignorant and stupid people only want to discuss.

I seriously hope you are aware of the incredible irony in these words.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/04/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Euliat
Never mind it, no use trying to argue with player who thinks he knows everything, so ignorant and stupid people only want to discuss.

I seriously hope you are aware of the incredible irony in these words.

There could be a chance that English is a second language to him. I'll try to help.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony?s=t

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Reply Quote
03/04/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Shädøws
idiot, if I'm complaining is because already tried other classes and specs.
no you are complaining because much like your grasp of the English language you clearly have no idea what you happen to be talking about.

Unholy is not an upfront burst damage spec. If you raise it's damage to kill other classes in seconds like you are implying is neccessary unholy becomes a god tier spec that has retardedly high damage to go along with its pressure skills. Inevitably it would be heavily nerfed in typical blizzard fashion.

Unholy in 5.2 will be more than fine. Go read a pvp guide learn to manage unholy properly and stop being terrible.
Edited by Kusari on 3/4/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]