Change Skin Color @ Barber Shop

90 Blood Elf Priest
Currently Tauren, Pandaren, and Worgen can change their fur color at the barber shop whereas the other races have to buy a character re-customization for 15$ if they want to change their character's skin color. Given that the system is already in place for some races, I don't think it would be too hard to allow all races to change their skin or fur color at the barber shop. (Although I can't say for sure, as I am not a programmer.)

Either way, I feel that Blizzard should implement a system allowing all races to change their skin or fur color at the barber shop. Would anyone else be interested in seeing that?
Edited by Vancroft on 3/1/2013 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The skin colour is equal to their hair colour, that's why it's available for change.
Reply Quote
Should be able to change our gender and race at the plastic surgeon shop too.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
i agree blizz plz make haircut place into tanning sallon 2. wats stopping u
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dying fur is a little bit different than changing a person's skin color.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Lawhavok
Should be able to change our gender and race at the plastic surgeon shop too.

I do think it should be an option. Sure, make it cost a bit more... but paying 10$ to change seems silly, especially since a few years ago you couldn't really see what you were getting when you made your toon.

For example, there was no way I could tell my eye colour, & I ended up with blue eyes instead of green! :[
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
They can already chop my horns off and make me grow new ones, I don't see how skin color changes would be unreasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Want to hear funny? A goblin can give themselves plastic surgery just by changing their earrings....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well Blizzard wants their money :p
It should be free really. Only name changes should cost money.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/28/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Illucia
Dying fur is a little bit different than changing a person's skin color.

Tanning and bleaching are both options in the real world for changing the color of your skin. The effectiveness varies but it does exist. And Warcraft has items that temporarily make you look like other races so it doesn't seem out of lore.

02/28/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I do think it should be an option. Sure, make it cost a bit more... but paying 10$ to change seems silly, especially since a few years ago you couldn't really see what you were getting when you made your toon

Agreed. And the lighting on the death knight screen makes it hard to see what color you're getting on them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Vancroft
Agreed. And the lighting on the death knight screen makes it hard to see what color you're getting on them.

This too, & the Draenei page as well.

The creation window should have zoom & lighting options.

Sure you could make the toon, get in game, see if you like it, delete the mail, log out, delete the toon & remake it...

But why not just save people the trouble & make a better creation screen?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sure you could make the toon, get in game, see if you like it, delete the mail, log out, delete the toon & remake it...

I personally always had trouble with Night Elves. The lighting on their screen used to be terrible (I think they're standardized now?) and when you get into the starter zone the lighting is sort of...purple tinted. I played through the entire starting zone once, leveled my professions up...and then went to Stormwind and discovered I was sort of a pastel pink. I didn't want to be pastel pink.
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
The tauren could not change their skin colour until they introduced different druid form colours. If it had not been added only Night Elves would have been able to benefit from changing their form colours.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Shaman

I do agree. I kinda wish they would take some of the features from games like GW2(Which has a Lighting control, and a Remove Armor control for when you're tweaking the skin). Maybe if they ever add extra options for Hair/Faces in the Creation screen, they'll give us such..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Vancroft
(I think they're standardized now?)
It is better now, espeically with the actual selection bar for each option.

But, it could still use a zoom & lighting option.

It might not seem that important to long time players & or non-altaholics, but the creation screen is kinda important to newbies. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As far as the creation screen goes, I can understand why that may be a ways out. It seems like adding lighting controls, zoom, and the other good ideas Killercaitie and Asamai have suggested would take more time and programming. I would like to see those options implemented as well.

02/28/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Lurissa
The skin colour is equal to their hair colour, that's why it's available for change.

I suppose the Pandaren females just get all the luck then since they have fur options, hair streak options, marking options, and earring options. All I have are hair color, style, and goatees. I'm jealous :c

The tauren could not change their skin colour until they introduced different druid form colours. If it had not been added only Night Elves would have been able to benefit from changing their form colours.

But now the Pandaren, who can't be druids, have it as well. It seems that, fur color = hair color and druid form colors aside, it would be fair to everyone to make it so we can all change our character's skin colors at the barber shop.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I would love to see complete recustomization available at the barber shop, personally.

Unfortunately we're unlikely to see it since it's a premium service that comes with a fee to change your name (a service you might not even want but have to pay for anyway if you want to change your face or skin color).

Also, because pandaren females do not have face options but fur color options (like the Night Elf markings) those should be available to them in the barber shop as well.
Edited by Virmire on 2/28/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/28/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Virmire
Unfortunately we're unlikely to see it since it's a premium service that comes with a fee to change your name (a service you might not even want but have to pay for anyway if you want to change your face or skin color).

Not being able to change your face is a bit odd to me as well, of course I can remember a time before barber shops when you couldn't change your hair color or style even. Once the toon was made, you were stuck with that hair style. That didn't make sense then and, obviously, they changed that. I'm hoping that they'll do the same thing in this case.

I don't think Blizzard should make every pay service free since that is a source of revenue, but I would like to see some of these smaller, cosmetic changes become free since, based on the Tauren and Pandaren, it doesn't take a GM or a huge transaction to change the color of your model.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
02/28/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Vancroft
I don't think Blizzard should make every pay service free since that is a source of revenue

Oh I don't either. Things like server transfers and faction/race changes can have a significant impact on the economy and game balance, making those kinds of services free could destroy some aspects of the game.

But my face only affects me. And if they can grow my nose and bob my ears I don't understand why they can't change my makeup. It would make barber shops a more effective gold sink, too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/28/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Virmire
But my face only affects me. And if they can grow my nose and bob my ears I don't understand why they can't change my makeup. It would make barber shops a more effective gold sink, too.

I agree on that. I was really, really excited when goblins first came out because, in WoW Model Viewer, you have a lot more options for putting your goblins face together. I had one already in my mind when I went to make a goblin...only to find that ears affected the chin and nose, I think it was? Granted, compared to the older races, goblins are living the life, but still. It would be nice to see more options for customization based on things already in game, that seems like it would involve minor UI/texture changes. I've frankly always been put off playing blood elf females because they all have red painted fingernails and toenails.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]