Green Fire quest drop.

53 Human Paladin
I really don't understand why they are making it a drop from rare mobs only to buff drop rate in later patches for "unlucky players". What is the point in "everyone will be able to get it, just not at first.". If it's part of the class, it should be able to be obtained by anyone that wants to start the questline. Making a class change exclusive is a questionable idea. What? Are they trying to stretch that out as content? Make sure people still have something to do later on? Just give every lock the tome to start the quest.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warlock
Why are you complaining? We asked for green fire, we can now acquire it. "OMG! I HAVE TO WORK FOR THINGS!?!?!?" That is basically what you sound like right now. Seriously, chill.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
yea... high pop realm/CRZ gonna make this a nightmare to try and get, and long long nights of farming YAY -_-
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
03/01/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Sathrago
Why are you complaining? We asked for green fire, we can now acquire it. "OMG! I HAVE TO WORK FOR THINGS!?!?!?" That is basically what you sound like right now. Seriously, chill.

He is complaining because there's no way to work for it. We asked for green fire and Blizzard decided that only a very few lucky warlocks should get it. Personally I'm completely baffled by it. You are either lucky or you are not lucky and that's it. there's no "earning" it or "working for it". You kill the rare and if you are lucky - POOF! you have green fire. If you aren't lucky - you lose.

@Leech, we won't be fighting for rare spawns, except maybe the other faction (not sure about factions), but otherwise if you tap the mob you get a chance at green fire. In other words, if you see someone fighting the rare, you can tap the mob, then afk, and if you are then extremely lucky when the other player(s) killed it, according to Sathrago, you "worked" for it.

@Blizzard: The reward structure in MoP already contains WAY too much RNG as it is. Green fire should not be included. This should strictly be something warlocks work to unlock, then once earned it is unlocked. Making green fire some status symbol of the ultra lucky is...well, pardon the crudeness, just plain dumb.
Edited by Psynister on 3/1/2013 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I thought the "work" part was supposed to be finishing the quest and not trying to start it.
Reply Quote
The lore story behind this was a group of warlocks looking for more power. Did they find a rare mob with a rare item that no one knows where it comes from but it will give us more power that fails to deliver that power but makes our fire spells green?

If this is so, we need to send out new searchers, the last ones were broken.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/28/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Hypokricy
What? Are they trying to stretch that out as content? Make sure people still have something to do later on? Just give every lock the tome to start the quest.

The quest line is completely optional, you do not gain valor points, or rep gains, nor increased damage, just cosmetics. This being said this about it the same way you should view the Brawler's Guild.

Anyone can purchase the invitation and gain access. Not everyone will get to rank 8. Anyone can obtain the tome. Not everyone will be able to figure out the final boss.

And if the history of the warlock class is any indicator, they will probably give it to every warlock next expansion or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
God forbid something purely cosmetic be rare and/or difficult to get!!!

Some of us like the fact that it's going to be rare and special. Everyone will likely get it eventually, but having only a few with it makes it something special with more of a wow factor imo. Every warlock running around with green fire on day one would be pretty lame imo.

If they just patched in a button you could click to get green fire you might be pleased, but a lot of people would be whining about it. The way it is now you're upset, but a lot of people are pleased. Never gonna make everyone happy.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
03/01/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Loktronotron
God forbid something purely cosmetic be rare and/or difficult to get!!!
We aren't complaining about it being difficult. Where are you seeing that? Please quote to the person who is complaining about the difficulty of the green fire quest so we can join you in disagreeing with them.

Some of us like the fact that it's going to be rare and special. Everyone will likely get it eventually, but having only a few with it makes it something special with more of a wow factor imo. Every warlock running around with green fire on day one would be pretty lame imo.
I feel very confident that when you find out 2-3 month from now that you aren't the special one who got lucky enough to get the rare from a rare drop you won't like this idea as much, whatching the newbie level 90 Warlocks with 437 AiL who got their green fire within the first week of dinging, while you still don't have yours.

If they just patched in a button you could click to get green fire you might be pleased, but a lot of people would be whining about it. The way it is now you're upset, but a lot of people are pleased. Never gonna make everyone happy.
No one is asking for instant green fire (though I haven't heard a single shaman complaining about the water healing spell glyph). In either event it, the QQ here is not about that you have to do something to get green fire, it's that you can do everything and still not get it.

And yes, there is a way to make everyone happy. It would be designing a set of criteria that, once complete, would grant you the ability to change your fire green. I haven't heard a single warlock in the last 8 years who has complained about the lack of green fire note "green fire should only be known by a few locks". It has always been that it makes sense for Every fire casting Lock to have green fire. Just like Shaman casting golden sun beams. Made more sense for it to be watery. Blizz gave us a glyph to change it to water. Everyone is happy. Players who like the old golden sun beams of chain heal can still use it, and players who like the new watery look can use that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Prestige

Now, the venue in which they are making it prestigeous, and whether it's a good one is your own opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/01/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Psynister
I feel very confident that when you find out 2-3 month from now that you aren't the special one who got lucky enough to get the rare from a rare drop you won't like this idea as much, whatching the newbie level 90 Warlocks with 437 AiL who got their green fire within the first week of dinging, while you still don't have yours.
It's cosmetic. I'll get it eventually. It won't bother me if I'm the last person in game who gets green fire. Eventually I'll get it. It's the same as whining about bad luck with loot. Why do I need it right away? I'll get it eventually.

03/01/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Psynister
And yes, there is a way to make everyone happy. It would be designing a set of criteria that, once complete, would grant you the ability to change your fire green
This wouldn't make the people who think it should be a rare and special thing to have happy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Prestige

Now, the venue in which they are making it prestigeous, and whether it's a good one is your own opinion.

As lulzy as the concept of "video game prestige" is overall, what "prestige" is there to be had in this scenario: A fresh level 90 warlock alt gets it a lucky drop the day he hits 90, but a die-hard, pro-geared warlock player and raid leader/top pvper tries and tries and yet, his luck blows so badly he doesn't get it until near the end of the expansion. By then, everyone else has it too, so it's really no different than the shaman's chain heal glyph.

It's like when you see the occasional person riding around on the big love rocket mount. Did they work extra hard to get that? Nope, all you see is someone who got lucky. If obtaining the item required pulling off some unimaginably-difficult feat, or took an absurd amount of farming, then it might be a different story, but as it stands now, it's just going to be seen as an indicator that "this guy got a lucky dice roll." I fail to see the "prestige" in that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
should be a thing all Locks get at 90. Beating Kanrethad is pretty hard form what I hear.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
03/01/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Methalos
Beating Kanrethad is pretty hard form what I hear.

THAT'S THE POINT

03/01/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Sathrago
Edited by Vreivai on 3/1/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Prestige

As lulzy as the concept of "video game prestige" is overall, what "prestige" is there to be had in this scenario: A fresh level 90 warlock alt gets it a lucky drop the day he hits 90, but a die-hard, pro-geared warlock player and raid leader/top pvper tries and tries and yet, his luck blows so badly he doesn't get it until near the end of the expansion. By then, everyone else has it too, so it's really no different than the shaman's chain heal glyph.

It's like when you see the occasional person riding around on the big love rocket mount. Did they work extra hard to get that? Nope, all you see is someone who got lucky. If obtaining the item required pulling off some unimaginably-difficult feat, or took an absurd amount of farming, then it might be a different story, but as it stands now, it's just going to be seen as an indicator that "this guy got a lucky dice roll." I fail to see the "prestige" in that.

You can argue with me all you want, but I'm not the one who said it. Blizzard did.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
>we're getting green fire
>people are still complaining

True warlocks are still in a quiet stupor that this is happening.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

You can argue with me all you want, but I'm not the one who said it. Blizzard did.

That was more of an in-general rant than one directed at you. I would've thought that, after the rage about the brawler's club invite implementation, that they would've realized that trickle-in isn't "fun" to many (maybe most?) of the players. Personally, I think they LIKE watching us stumble and claw over one another, yelling, kicking, and screaming as we desperately try to reach "the shiny" before everyone else. It's like dropping prescription-strength laxatives into the punch bowl at a big party, then watching the mayhem as it unfolds.

Somebody at Blizzard HQ is leaning back his chair, rubbing his hands together as he eagerly awaits patch day. "Hey guys, watch these stupid warlocks call each other names as they camp the rare spawn spots in unhealthy, several-day shifts. What a bunch of jackasses."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]