Green Fire quest drop.

100 Blood Elf Warlock
a fresh level 90 warlock in green questing gear won't be able to defeat the final boss of the quest chain, I'm pretty sure.

Sure, you can get the quest item. Good luck finishing the quest.

I think you, and a great many other people in this thread are misunderstanding what's being complained about.

Obtaining the quest item, in and of itself, is a completely RNG scenario in which the Lock has no real control over.

Beating the final boss is hard, and should be hard. Thats the reward, and not many people are arguing that.

But if this daunting task is hard in the first place, why should it ALSO be some completely random thing to obtain as well?

-Thats like saying before you can even enter a challenge mode dungeon, to TRY for gold to get the lock xmog set, FIRST you have to find a RARE in pandaria, and PRAY that it drops a magical orb that gets you in.

To me, that doesnt make sense. It'd make more sense if you had to rep grind something, or complete a lore quest chain that leads up to the legendary instance (not that Id prefer MORE rep grinding)

But, in all honesty, I think alot of the locks in here screaming "Good, it should be hard to get" just ASSUME that because they THINK they're a good player, that they wont have any trouble obtaining the item. The argument, is that SKILL has nothing to do with it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
03/01/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Demise
But if this daunting task is hard in the first place, why should it ALSO be some completely random thing to obtain as well?

You realize you can kill the rare more than once, right?
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warlock
03/01/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Vreivai
You realize you can kill the rare more than once, right?
This, and you can expect them to re-spawn constantly like the current rares in MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
>we're getting green fire
>people are still complaining

True warlocks are still in a quiet stupor that this is happening.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
03/01/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Demise
But, in all honesty, I think alot of the locks in here screaming "Good, it should be hard to get" just ASSUME that because they THINK they're a good player, that they wont have any trouble obtaining the item. The argument, is that SKILL has nothing to do with it.

QFT. You summed it all up perfectly. Your whole post, actually.

I'm pleased to see that it's hard to kill the boss; I'd actually be disappointed if I could just walk in and faceroll it like a named quest badguy or old raid boss. Personally, I hope his strength actually scales with gear so that it will ALWAYS require effort to finish the quest chain.

Having it drop randomly from a rare is just terrible though. What's more, is this rare going to be tossed in amidst dozens of normal enemies? Am I going to run the risk of some !@#$%^ zipping in and sniping it after I attempt clear the area first? Because that's what happens with rare spawns.

Camping. Griefing. Ninjaing. Yaay can't wait.

Find another way, Blizzard. Please.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warlock
Camping. Griefing. Ninjaing. Yaay can't wait.

Find another way, Blizzard. Please.

You obviously have only just began playing this game if you think this way. How many YEARS have warlocks begged for green fire? Hm? And you spit at blizzard when they finally allow you to get it ,"because its a widdle hawd."?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Please tell me that the tome that drops is only obtainable by Warlocks and becomes soulbound when it drops, please.

Also is it true that normal mobs have a chance to drop it to?
Edited by Stugotz on 3/2/2013 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/01/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Vreivai
Beating Kanrethad is pretty hard form what I hear.

THAT'S THE POINT

exactly, so the hard part should be actually beating Kan, not hunting down the Tome. I think I phrased that in a weird way the first time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Actually sounds like it drops from all mobs on the isle, but a higher drop on rares.

At least the way they phrased it.

I should also note, these rares are the ones that are tag shared. So it's not going to be hard to kill them. :P
Edited by Bitsi on 3/2/2013 3:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
True warlocks are still in a quiet stupor that this is happening.

Exactly!

yes, I hate farming... Yes, I want green fire... and YES I want it now!!

BUT, Im ready to wait for it. Because WHEN I do get it, Ill be that much more happy! Sorta like finally getting my Green Proto Drake. Took YEARS, but I got the sucker, and thats all I fly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]