Jab mana cost increased again~

- Monk – In efforts to further discourage Jab, Jab, Uplift, we increased the mana cost of Jab from 6% to 8%, increased the mana restore on Muscle Memory from 2% to 4%, and increased the mana cost of glyphed Uplift to 16% mana. So that monks feel like they can be less reliant on Jab, Jab, Uplift, we also changed Soothing Mist to generate chi more consistently (to avoid long stretches of bad luck) and increased its generation rate overall.

I know it won't be a surprise to those who know me, but I'm ecstatic. Less mandatory fistweaving makes me a very happy monk.

But I know there are those out there that love fistweaving, xD I just wish they could find a balance where both would be possible.

Like, they should really just add a 2nd stance to mistweavers. Stance of the Graceful Crane or something. So they can adjust mana costs for fistweavers without impacting ranged mistweavers and vice versa. Besides, crane style fighting moves always seem to be physical in game based on the crane trainees and spinning crane kick, so *shrug*

Anyway, I'm interested to see how they're making Soothing Mists give Chi more reliably. O_o
Edited by Brewfist on 2/21/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes I too am lookin forward to any soothing mist chi change. While I'm not thrilled with the huge amount of mana jab is gonna cost and if for something reason you have to waste a proc of MM.. eep!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
My guess is it will give you chi every couple of ticks. They already do this for affliction locks when they use Soul Drain (for soul shards). So the tech is there. As far as the stances go, I've often wondered why they don't use two differences stances if they don't want people to do both at the same time. I mean technically they already have two. Could just tweak the WW one to work differently in MW spec. /shrug
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
At this rate Blizzard should just give us 2 healing specs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I really can't fathom why anyone would want the breakage of fistweaving. Not sure why you would roll a class loosely based on melee healing if you didn't want to be melee healing.

That said, if they really want FW to achieve atonement level, they've done it. There are some other issues that they have yet to address and probably won't for a while, so we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Something tells me that Jab Jab uplift will come back though.
Edited by Mist on 2/21/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Mist
I really can't fathom why anyone would want the breakage of fistweaving. Not sure why you would roll a class loosely based on melee healing if you didn't want to be melee healing.

People have differing opinions on how a class designed to do things 2 ways does things best?

BLASPHEMY!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
The class was sold as a melee centric healer. Simple as that. You rolled it going into the expansion knowing that. Shouldn't complain when the class is melee centric.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Does this hurt the cost of BK more, or am I not understanding how the ability works?
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Mist
The class was sold as a melee centric healer. Simple as that. You rolled it going into the expansion knowing that. Shouldn't complain when the class is melee centric.

People like you really need to learn to read everything blues say.

They were sold as a class that can heal from ranged OR heal from melee.

They were not sold as a class that strictly heals from melee.

And as I have been saying, these changes prove that.

Not to mention recently they said they believe fistweavers should always perform suboptimal from an actual healer. (Which I actually don't agree with. They should have buffed mistweaving, not nerfed fistweaving.)
Edited by Brewfist on 2/21/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I read exactly what the blues said. Fistweaving was talked up a ton in beta, and was really supported as a go-to choice. Mistweaving was a thing, and it was a thing that performed just as well.

Additionally, logic dictates that a DPS oriented healer will DPS as much as possible otherwise they are useless to their raid as a whole.
Edited by Mist on 2/21/2013 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
The fistweavers I know are happy with these changes.

They do damage to compete with actual DPS, while doing somewhat decent healing.

A lot of them seem to prefer that to doing damage that most other healers could do if they attack, and good healing.

You have to understand they will NEVER make a melee healer who does competitive DPS and amazing healing.

No one would ever bring any other healer to a raid.
Edited by Brewfist on 2/21/2013 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Nobody is asking for that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Brewfist
- Monk – In efforts to further discourage Jab, Jab, Uplift, we increased the mana cost of Jab from 6% to 8%, increased the mana restore on Muscle Memory from 2% to 4%, and increased the mana cost of glyphed Uplift to 16% mana. So that monks feel like they can be less reliant on Jab, Jab, Uplift, we also changed Soothing Mist to generate chi more consistently (to avoid long stretches of bad luck) and increased its generation rate overall.

I know it won't be a surprise to those who know me, but I'm ecstatic. Less mandatory fistweaving makes me a very happy monk.

But I know there are those out there that love fistweaving, xD I just wish they could find a balance where both would be possible.

Like, they should really just add a 2nd stance to mistweavers. Stance of the Graceful Crane or something. So they can adjust mana costs for fistweavers without impacting ranged mistweavers and vice versa. Besides, crane style fighting moves always seem to be physical in game based on the crane trainees and spinning crane kick, so *shrug*

Anyway, I'm interested to see how they're making Soothing Mists give Chi more reliably. O_o

where's the blue post that says 2 to 4% mana return with muscle memory?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

where's the blue post that says 2 to 4% mana return with muscle memory?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=31#602
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
I don't get a chance to keep up with all the blue tracking. Why exactly do they want to break jab, jab, uplift?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I don't think you're getting the benefit you think you are Brewfist. We'll see how this allegedly more reliable chi from soothing comes into play, but it's still going to be RNG.

In addition, while it's not mandatory (and was jab ever mandatory?), you're going to be giving up the mana back from the TP or BOK following the muscle memory, since you get MM from causing damage via jab or SCK damaging 3 or more.

This isn't going to make people heal from ranged now. There's still no incentive to do so unless someone can sim it out that healing on a monk like a traditional healer will pull better numbers than those who heal from melee using all their tools.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
02/21/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Habreberry
In addition, while it's not mandatory (and was jab ever mandatory?), you're going to be giving up the mana back from the TP or BOK following the muscle memory, since you get MM from causing damage via jab or SCK damaging 3 or more.

Jab was mandatory at high levels of play. Not so much for lesser levels.

You're also not going to be giving up anything. Jab costs 8% mana, you get 4% back from muscle memory.

Let me put this into perspective for you. Jab @ 8% mana is going to cost 24,000 mana. SCK and Surging Mist officially cost less than jab.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Doesn't matter what chi generator you use, you should be standing in melee anyways to avoid raid mechanics. Any MW that decides to heal at range is an idiot and likes to be exposed to stuff like 150k dots or raid wiping bombs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Boo this change. Raiding requires jab for stacks of chi. soothing mist is unreliable. i don't know about you but mana is always an issue. With the increased mana to jab and the nerf to chi waves healing this "MW BUFF" we all thought we were getting, is turning into us becoming the terd of the healing classes. We are competitive with resto druids and holy priests.... awesome.

My biggest issue with the mist weaver is quick AOE healing. It annoying for every fight to have to worry about aoe healing large damage 30 seconds in advance. Increasing the uplift mana as well.... ouch. this patch might be rough, we will have to see.

MW is still fun as hell. great concept just keep working on it blizz. i don't believe you hit the nail for 5.2....
Edited by Stinkinrat on 2/21/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

Jab was mandatory at high levels of play. Not so much for lesser levels.

That is how I meant it. I just erased something following that I started to type that seemed mean, so I guess it doesn't come across that way.

You're also not going to be giving up anything. Jab costs 8% mana, you get 4% back from muscle memory.

Let me put this into perspective for you. Jab @ 8% mana is going to cost 24,000 mana. SCK and Surging Mist officially cost less than jab.
I meant that also towards Brewfist and anyone else choosing to not be in melee, so I'm confused what you mean by comparing spell cost to spell cost.

But since you say that, if you're going to jab once, you get 4% back on your next TP or BOK, doesn't that mean that jab cost 12,000? It also heals some though not as much as a surging mist. However, if you do that, you don't get mana back at all, nor does it contribute to mana tea. I haven't looked at the healing numbers from spell to spell, but I don't know if you can even compare them all as they behave so differently.

Unless you're suggesting one shouldn't ever jab and then also why bother with TP/BOK unless you have done a SCK that damaged more than three enemies so you got the muscle memory?
Edited by Habreberry on 2/21/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]