Jab mana cost increased again~

96 Tauren Monk
Jab costs 24,000 mana.

That means that using BoK is going to be pretty much stupid. You'll only want to BoK for SZ. It'll cost 48,000 mana to BoK, and you still only get 4% mana back, which means you lose a significant portion of mana.

You can also potentially waste a jab. Which would be horrible.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Monk
LOL yea, that I see me doing. I'm going to have to concentrate more for the full duration of fights.
Reply Quote
Not sure if I really like the new changes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I agree with Mist. I don't get the "ranged only" Mistweavers at all. Play a Druid since the playstyle is similar with much more control over the healing. To me the ranged tools are to be able to keep healing when you really need to get out of melee range.

What was so horrible about Jab,Jab,Uplift anyway? Were there some logs I haven't seen that had Monks destroying the meters that I missed somewhere?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Jab costs 24,000 mana.

That means that using BoK is going to be pretty much stupid. You'll only want to BoK for SZ. It'll cost 48,000 mana to BoK, and you still only get 4% mana back, which means you lose a significant portion of mana.

It should be easy enough to fix by just making it return more mana for a BoK, though.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
02/21/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Pawfessor
It should be easy enough to fix by just making it return more mana for a BoK, though.

They won't do that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
02/21/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Kungfuwaifu
Doesn't matter what chi generator you use, you should be standing in melee anyways to avoid raid mechanics. Any MW that decides to heal at range is an idiot and likes to be exposed to stuff like 150k dots or raid wiping bombs.

Yes. Because all those hunters, warlocks, other healers all are exposed to things like 150k dots and raid wiping bombs.

Ranged is ranged. There's fights where everyone stands in melee range and there's fights where it's normal for people to be ranged.

You literally just lost all credibility to me with this sentence.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes. Because all those hunters, warlocks, other healers all are exposed to things like 150k dots and raid wiping bombs.

Ranged is ranged. There's fights where everyone stands in melee range and there's fights where it's normal for people to be ranged.

That was honestly the first time that I've ever heard of someone saying melee was exposed to LESS bad stuff than ranged. @_@
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That was honestly the first time that I've ever heard of someone saying melee was exposed to LESS bad stuff than ranged. @_@

On fights this tier, he's right, though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Tiriél

After so many years of it so not being the case, it's weird to read. :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk

The entire point was you adjust for each fight. You can be a ranged mistweaver in melee range. It just means you don't fistweave.

Kungfu knows that too. -.- Insinuating we're always going to stand at ranged is ridiculous. People got pissed when I referred to non-fistweaving as simply mistweaver, so I had to start using ranged mistweaver.
Edited by Brewfist on 2/21/2013 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
whoa whoa whoa. We are not losing anything? what if you want to spend your chi gained from jab on another spell?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Every patch it seems blizzard wants to change us to do something different. This seems as if we wanted to fistweave we have to do it and solely it to be mana efficient in a long fight. I don't think that BK other than SZ is ever going to be efficient which leaves ups Jab - TP - Jab - TP
I'm sorry but this is not a fun way to play. I don't like these changes and I don't like that I can't mix my fistweaving with my Mistweaving.

I am not even gonna touch on the 30 Second Cooldown on Chi Burst as it turned a pretty awesome spell into a if you miss aim your screwed.

I don't want to be the healer that on progression fights is going to be generally the lowest healer on the totem pole obviously someone has to but its looking as though the way the are changing this yet again we can't even keep up with a holy priest and druid. YAY.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Jab costs 24,000 mana.

Losing track of all these changes but isn't it going to take 2 BoK or 96k mana to generate your first SZ? This means letting SZ drop is horribly punitive. Are we expected to SuM to BoK? It's the only way I can see to switch between fisting and misting or to have mana for ReM and SuM when we have to go into full heal mode. Can't imagine any way that only fisting is a viable way to heal any encounter not on farm. Seems mana prohibitive to fist at all and not worth the effort with these changes.

Would love some explanation what was so horrible about jab,jab, uplift as well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Bill
whoa whoa whoa. We are not losing anything? what if you want to spend your chi gained from jab on another spell?

You will go oom in about a minute. Mist weavers now have several different ways to go through 300k mana in 20 second or less. Can't think of another healer with this op ability.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/21/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Glaurfu

You will go oom in about a minute. Mist weavers now have several different ways to go through 300k mana in 20 second or less. Can't think of another healer with this op ability.

I have said this numerous times in my raid and no one believes me. I told my roommate who happened to be in the guild I just left as the healing officer I can go through my mana in 20 seconds without a thought on how to do it. He didn't believe me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's even worse if you take the Glyph of Uplift. Then, it will be possible to go oom in just over 6 gcds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Am I the only one who found it funny that this was posted in the DPS cliffnotes?

..I'm just trying to make the best of a terrible (hopefully soon to be reverted) update.

I wish blizzard wouldn't try to make bad spells (like Surging) look better by making other spells worse. It's fine if you don't like JabxJab Uplift, but was it OP? If not (it's not) then could they possibly work to make the other spells better instead? Or is wanting my class to be fun and/or rewarded for this extra hoop jumping/gum scraping too much to ask?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Or is wanting my class to be fun and/or rewarded for this extra hoop jumping/gum scraping too much to ask?

Far to much to ask for. Fun is out of the question we are all abouts the serialness of this gamez remember they want other healers to take er jerbs
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Or is wanting my class to be fun and/or rewarded for this extra hoop jumping/gum scraping too much to ask?

Far to much to ask for. Fun is out of the question we are all abouts the serialness of this gamez remember they want other healers to take er jerbs

I'm quite afraid that accidentally using the wrong button even once or twice might cripple me for the rest of a fight unless I totally outgear it, for basic abilities that they claim to be encouraging. I'm almost guaranteed to mess up multiple times as I learn (assuming I get the chance). What is the upside of this? I have every healer at least 85 right now, and this seems completely unacceptable to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]