The Battle for Kun-Lai [Thurs]

90 Pandaren Hunter
02/22/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Throstan
Finally, I am disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot of small groups. I know my guild grouped up and encountered one rather large Horde patrol, and then there was a group from Lineage of the Moon(If I recall correctly, led by Jalcynter or something to that effect) and saw them running around

Our group was the first to head into Eastwind before going back up the path. We ran into another small group after clearing out the base. We let it go after that for the others. *thumbs up*
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/22/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Kanayè
Finally, I am disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot of small groups. I know my guild grouped up and encountered one rather large Horde patrol, and then there was a group from Lineage of the Moon(If I recall correctly, led by Jalcynter or something to that effect) and saw them running around

Our group was the first to head into Eastwind before going back up the path. We ran into another small group after clearing out the base. We let it go after that for the others. *thumbs up*

We were splitting into smaller groups when we got to Eastwind Rest. However, this resulted in us not having enough defenders at Eastwind when a huge group rolled in and stomped the place. So, after that, we pretty much decided to stay in a large group with scouts. It was the only way not to have people picked off.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/22/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Zuchen
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my Chi Torpedo taking me away from you~

I will confirm. You, good sir, are a very hard to kill panda. There were at least 2 times in the whole event I was SURE I would have you killed only to watch you torpedo away with a sliver of health and not be able to do anything about it.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/22/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Greyes
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my Chi Torpedo taking me away from you~

I will confirm. You, good sir, are a very hard to kill panda. There were at least 2 times in the whole event I was SURE I would have you killed only to watch you torpedo away with a sliver of health and not be able to do anything about it.

:3 Glad to displease the Horde. Just wait until the patch. Then you'll all REALLY hate me.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/22/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Zuchen

:3 Glad to displease the Horde. Just wait until the patch. Then you'll all REALLY hate me.

nah, you'll be busy weeping because it costs more to Jab than to glyph Uplift. >.<
90 Pandaren Monk

nah, you'll be busy weeping because it costs more to Jab than to glyph Uplift. >.<

Except for the part where Jab triggers Muscle Memory, for that 4% Mana regen on Tiger Palm or BOK.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Alright, my forum vacation is over.

This event didn't go strictly as planned. The Alliance battle plan didn't pan out like it was supposed to -- it seemed like a bunch of guilds hardly participated in a lot of the Rp-PvP before gathering at Eastwind Rest.

Regardless of that, the whole phasing thing was really odd. It's one of the drawbacks of having major campaigns in Pandaria, just because of the heavy phasing. It kind've stinks that we have to limit ourselves to small roving groups of Alliance and Horde.

Finally, I am disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot of small groups. I know my guild grouped up and encountered one rather large Horde patrol, and then there was a group from Lineage of the Moon(If I recall correctly, led by Jalcynter or something to that effect) and saw them running around.

We finally retired to Binan Village and fought <Ravenwing> for a couple of short skirmishes.

I feel that this is an area of opportunity. I've had multiple suggestions on how to help resolve this issue. Starting with the phasing, we know that it's not due to questing but due to how the servers are able to handle this large scale conflict. Once battle starts you'll see people phase in an out as you approach. A way to fix this is to have smaller but meaningful combat interactions on a smaller scale.

Ways to achieve this: Tonight I wish to split both factions forces into two. I would like that no two parts of the faction will engage at once. It will take some careful ingenuity but we'll manage.

I had hoped that smaller parties would have ventured forth and attack other smaller teams. One of our scouting parties drew too close to Westwind and then for the next 30 minutes we had over a hundred players in Eastwind. Unfortunately the only real way to ensure success on either side was to beef up the roving bands of players.

However, this is all done through player interaction. I loved seeing real tactical maneuvers being used.
90 Pandaren Monk

However, this is all done through player interaction. I loved seeing real tactical maneuvers being used.

Like when Qimeng and Lineage went to Eastwind, drew people out to follow us- right into 70% of Westwind charging, to direct a push on Eastwind.
90 Worgen Rogue
This whole thing is rather silly...

*sits on peak of Mt. Neverest*

This place is mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMyBk4i4Zyw
90 Blood Elf Priest

Except for the part where Jab triggers Muscle Memory, for that 4% Mana regen on Tiger Palm or BOK.

You can't afford it. :-\ It costs 48k for a BoK and 24k for a Tiger Palm. You get back 12k/14.4k (with Ascendance) from Muscle Memory.
90 Pandaren Monk
Only time I ever jab is for a a 5chi TP dump, for the instant SM. 5 TP after MM is 50k, coupled with my 15k regen every 5 seconds, on top of the Mana tea stacks from spending the chi. It might affect people who do more fistweaving, but my playstyle is more caster.
90 Troll Warlock

Like when Qimeng and Lineage went to Eastwind, drew people out to follow us- right into 70% of Westwind charging, to direct a push on Eastwind.

Or when Qimeng and Lineage murdered 4 Trolls in an inn :P
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Dearest Alliance.

I ask that you please allow me to one on one with your majesty the Queen Madelynne. I will be coming for dat !@# and would like for it to be as easy as possible.

Kindly,

Tiah .... who plays Vaelrin the Hunter since Tiah is on slight retirement.
100 Dwarf Hunter

Or when Qimeng and Lineage murdered 4 Trolls in an inn :P

NOWHERE IS SAFE.
I killed everyone in the Alliance raid at -least- twice. I will not be paying for your repair bill.
100 Human Warrior
Dearest Alliance.

I ask that you please allow me to one on one with your majesty the Queen Madelynne. I will be coming for dat !@# and would like for it to be as easy as possible.

Kindly,

Tiah .... who plays Vaelrin the Hunter since Tiah is on slight retirement.
Dear Tiah,

I regret to inform you that Queen Madelynne Albrecht will not be upon the field of battle tonight. Please redirect any comments regarding 'dat !@#' towards Lord Danyl Graves, who will be leading in her stead.

I apologise for the inconvenience.
Edited by Danyl on 2/22/2013 5:23 PM PST
100 Dwarf Hunter
02/22/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Praxos
I killed everyone in the Alliance raid at -least- twice. I will not be paying for your repair bill.

I killed everyone in the Alliance raid and a rat on the way home.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Dearest Danyl,

It pains me to know that Queen Madelynne the Bountiful Bosom shall not be attending this evening's battle. I shall heed your advice and redirect my frustration towards her second in command -- which I will assume is you.

While you lack the same qualities as her royal highness, I suppose one can see tackling her mightiest knights as a step closer to achieving the ultimate goal. To this I say let us do battle. I shall remove your rank and take it for myself.

Regards,

Tiah.
Edited by Aestiah on 2/22/2013 5:43 PM PST
100 Human Warrior
I'd like to give a big thank you to the people in my raid for this event, you all represented yourselves and your guilds extremely well.
I'm fairly disappointed in the rest of the Alliance who attended for bailing on the event during the final engagement. Even though we were initially gaining ground, by the end of that fight the only people still present were the ones among my group -- and to them, I am very grateful.

I wish this could've been better coordinated, but I recognize and accept that there is no way to properly control people in an event of that magnitude. For what it's worth, the massive engagements were fun while they lasted.
Edited by Danyl on 2/22/2013 7:19 PM PST
90 Troll Warlock
The whole vault scene was my favorite.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]