FFXIV ARR Beta?

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Did anyone get a beta invite?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I just signed up for it. I played FFXI for a long time and was in the FFXIV beta, but it was kind of terrible when it went down so I never played it during release. I hope this remake turns out to be a lot better considering how good final fantasy games are, I just wish they could make an mmo thats as fun as WoW is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
FFXI was okay, but only if you had friends, otherwise it was terrible. FFXIV wasn't a complete flop, especially after the new team took over to slowly salvage what they could, but it was a total let down.

I participated in ARR Alpha, and it was a complete turn around, almost a different game altogether. The lag issues were non-existent and the responsiveness with the UI was improved dramatically. The crafting was overhauled as well, and has become less grindy, and still more involving than the snore-fest in WoW.

Since I'm a Legacy player, I've gotten an auto-pass into Beta, but I hope you guys get your invites. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Just got mine yesterday, downloaded overnight, ready for the 25th!!! WOOHOO!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeap~ I have a legacy account so I got in regardless :P

Manquo'te...yes please \^o^/

I am so stoked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Grats on legacy and being able to play beta Monday! I played FFXIV online from launch for about a year but wasn't around when they started the legacy campaign, anyway hope you enjoy it! Let us know how it goes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/23/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Chillnsmoke
Grats on legacy and being able to play beta Monday! I played FFXIV online from launch for about a year but wasn't around when they started the legacy campaign, anyway hope you enjoy it! Let us know how it goes

Thanks! and will keep you all updated. (or try to)

I played 1.0 beta and...I new it was going to be bad from the get go, but I stuck with it. I played FFXI before WoW so I have a tad bit of a connection to the FF MMOs :p
Edited by Cisnea on 2/23/2013 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
31 Human Rogue
MIB
02/23/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Discordia
FFXI was okay, but only if you had friends, otherwise it was terrible. FFXIV wasn't a complete flop

FFXI was great, and FFXIV was a complete flop. Period. WoW and FFXI are the two most successful sub-based MMOs still on the market.

Don't talk out of your !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/26/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Vaizel
FFXI was okay, but only if you had friends, otherwise it was terrible. FFXIV wasn't a complete flop

FFXI was great, and FFXIV was a complete flop. Period. WoW and FFXI are the two most successful sub-based MMOs still on the market.

This just in, people's opinions may differ.
Reply Quote
31 Human Rogue
MIB
02/26/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Mordrid

It wasn't phrased as an opinion. Read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

It wasn't phrased as an opinion. Read.

Read it over again, still an opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]