Tips on prot FCing?

90 Human Warrior
Hey guys I was thinking about trying to FC for my guilds RBG runs they ant to do before end of season. There is a couple of things I was wondering spec wise and stat wise that maybe some of you could answer.

First is second wind still the greatest? I know it's an incredibly good talent for any spec but I was wondering some people found the other two viable for sake of having a healing cd. I think if I'm already low enough health people beating on me would easily be able to dps through the second wind heal and having one of the other 2 be just as adequate for the situation also maintaining a way to stay topped off if a heal is CC or temporarly LoSed for a second.

What kind of meta gem would you suggest? 2% spell damage reduction, stun reduction, what have you seen the most beneficial?

Is the absorb weapon enchant a good one too have? Or should I go with something else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/23/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Captfalcon
First is second wind still the greatest?
Yes, with Shield Barrier up; you can heal while taking no damage (Or any absorb) If below 35%

What kind of meta gem would you suggest?
The stun reduction one Stam & Stun I think

Is the absorb weapon enchant a good one too have?
Either 8k absorb, River's song, Or Dancing Steel, I prefer Dancing Steel for minimal parry / attack power.

To add to that, Gem pure 320 resilience, it's much more beneficial than anything else, the helm gem will be different, (Orange) It will be 160 <Of one stat> and 160 resilience; 340 > 320. Reforge into mastery, hit, and expertise.
Edited by Klingesturm on 2/23/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Isn't there a parry/resil or dodge/resil gem that can be put into the red slots? And what about blue slots?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
isn't there a parry/resil or dodge/resil gem that can be put into the red slots? And what about blue slots?
There is, but you survive better with pure resilience in all the slots besides helm gem.
Edited by Klingesturm on 2/24/2013 1:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
For FC'ing, you will want 2nd wind. Not because of the healing at low life, but because of the rage provded when stunned. As an FC, you will be stunned alot and that rage will be incredibly welcome to fuel your shield barrier for the absorb it provides.

For gemming, you want straight resilience (though some people say a resilience mastery combo is also good) as the pure damage mitigation provded by resi and your defensive stance are betetr then the chance of parrying/dodging while run around.

I personally use the spell damge reduction meta myself. Just to help reduce spell damage that much more and help with survival.

I also use the Colossus weapon enchant as if the damage absorbtion is always welcome, and if crossed with a 60 rage shield barrier can easily provide over 60K of damage aborbed. a very nice cushion for your healers.
Reply Quote
I went with stun reduction meta over spell damage. I don't think either makes enough of a difference to matter so pick whatever you prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
isn't there a parry/resil or dodge/resil gem that can be put into the red slots? And what about blue slots?

There is, but you survive better with pure resilience in all the slots besides helm gem.

I see.

So for a rotation(yes, I know that there is no rotation in pvp. I'm just using it as a general terrm) as a prot warrior what do I need to do to stay alive, aside just from the sheer awesomeness that is protection warrior?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For a rotation, don't use Heroic Strike if you're in combat, Gain rage -> Shield barrier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/24/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Klingesturm
For a rotation, don't use Heroic Strike if you're in combat, Gain rage -> Shield barrier.

What!? You mean I can't just go grab the enemy flag run to mid and /sexyflex and have the other team go "Well guys it was a good try but that prot warrior is just to awesome for us to handle. Lets leave and reque."?

"Puts on serious face"

So as long as I can gain enough rage to keep Shield barrier up I should be golden? What about the other shield talent shield block(?) should I through that up when I know I'm about to get bursted on? Also what talents would I take anyways?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Shield block gets rid of 40% of melee damage(I think and excluding critical block), While Shield barrier absorbs all damage magical & melee. Throw up shield barrier whenever you have a bunch of excess rage (which happens a lot).
Double Time - More instant mobility
Second Wind - Rage gain / health
Piercing howl - Aoe slow is nice for it's rage cost & Duration
Shockwave - Stun to help healers, peel, second wind health time... etc
Now, Mass Spell Reflection And Safeguard are entirely situational, I prefer Safeguard because of the 20% damage reduction and snare root (Can save the team by intervening someone near the cap point)
I prefer Avatar for the damage boost (prots do good damage after awhile) But mainly for the snare break, 3 mins may be long, but can save the team by breaking out of a root and going to cap. Storm Bolt would be my runner-up because of a ranged stun.
Extra: Glyphs; Glyph of Death From Above for the mobility, Glyph of Unending Rage for more rage towards barrier Glyph of Shield Slam for when no dispeller is present, and helps get rid of buffs that are burst (ex. Icy veins)
Edited by Klingesturm on 2/25/2013 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]