RIP Sam "Hugin" Leib

90 Pandaren Monk
New Dawn is sorry to announce the death of one its members.

"Hugin's best friend in RL contacted guild leadership last night to let us know that Hugin died last Thursday. He logged off WOW about 6am, went to bed, and never woke up. His cause of death is unknown.

He was 26, lived in Westfield NJ, and his name was Sam Leib. He majored in physics in college, and was always upset at the way toons fell to their death in game. His buddy had recently bought him a shirt for his birthday that said "It's not the sudden deceleration (formula form) that kills you, its the force of impact (formula form". He would have absolutely loved that!

Hugin was with us for quite a while, raided, quested, and in general, had fun. He left his old guild that he was in with his friend for New Dawn because he really wanted to raid. He recently (finally) got a new computer and was super excited to get back to raiding consistently. He was quiet and dependable, always being there if we needed a helping hand. And seriously had the best chuckle/laugh in the guild.

I still laugh when I think of his deep voice, every time we finished that hideous run back to Ragneros, saying "FEEEEEEEEAAAST". He was a great guy, and we were lucky to get to know him. May he be at peace."

http://newdawn-rt.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32942880&gid=175109#32942880

When i was still playing Duilin as my main, i helped Hugin work on his rotation, gemming, enchants and reforging, a great paladin who was always willing to learn about his class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
He will be missed...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
There are no words that can describe the loss of a fellow WoW player. I may not have known him IRL, but he was a great guy in game and will be sorely missed. My condolences go out to his family and friends both in-game and out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Until we meet in the clearing at the end of the path, Sam.

Sending prayers to those who were close to him. :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Condolences, pal.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
Hard to play WoW anymore without him.. He was just.. there. He was my rock, someone I always expected to be around. He was made of awesome, he just rarely realized it. Miss you so much duder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]