Fun healing class?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm wanting to roll a fun healing class that can also dps. I'm thinking paladin but I'm not sure. I also want my healer to be able to melee. I have an 85 priest, but like I said I'm wanting melee as well. Shaman seems like it could be fun but I'm not really into the horde race choices for shaman. How are paladins?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Paladins are fine but if you want a melee heals combo you really should be looking at a monk. Paladins only melee to get mana back and that is obviously very dependant on the fight. Usually I find that I'm too busy casting heals to get much melee time in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Holy Paladins are probably the worst class if you're looking to dps while healing. We can spam denounce and that's basically it. It sounds like a monk is more what you're looking for
Edited by Outiluke on 2/26/2013 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you really, really want to be in melee, go monk. If you're okay with doing DPS at range, go with priest and spec Discipline. It's really super fun, and the other priest specs are also fun and powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Only Disc and Monks can (effectively) dps when they want to while causing "splash" healing. Disc is the caster while monk is the melee.

HPallies spend mana to dps always. And GCD's. To do less than disc. Which are also caster spells.

Shaman's have some decent abilities (Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Fire Ele, Stormlash), but no damage to healing. And FS/Lava Burst cost mana.

Druids have some neat tricks... they can do more damage in cat form as resto than as a caster. I think they are still targetable by Boss spells that target ranged dpsers while in cat form though, so you can't exactly be with the melee in ~half of encounters which totally make cat form worthless (Monks are flagged as melee fyi). Going to cat form is cumbersome to say the least, but it is fun in LFR, especially when you have little/no spirit and you can just regen for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh no i'm not wanting to dps while healing. lol I meant a healer that can also do melee. lol sorry for the confusion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/27/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Genvyeve
Oh no i'm not wanting to dps while healing. lol I meant a healer that can also do melee. lol sorry for the confusion.

Then you want monk, anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Go Restro Shaman. Very fun in PvP. I usually get in the top 3 overall in healing and honor kills. For DPS side, it's funny how the ally thinks they can just ride past me when I have the 5 sec frost shock.... Heal people and use frost shock to help the others will get you some good damage surprisingly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/26/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Outiluke
Holy Paladins are probably the worst class if you're looking to dps while healing. We can spam denounce and that's basically it. It sounds like a monk is more what you're looking for

If we're talking about having fun dealing damage, then sure, Paladins aren't very fun. They're still very effective, however, as a combination of Holy Shock, Denounce, T90 talents and Hammer of Wrath can put out a very respectable amount of damage. Glyph of Harsh Words can possibly provide even more, though most Holy Paladins run Eternal Flame these days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]