Attrition Class?

91 Pandaren Monk
I'm thinking of making a paladin and my mental image is someone who can survive through just about anything and slowly wear down your enemy because they cant kill you. Am I about right or are my hopes unrealistic?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Well, if you want to play Prot or Holy, maybe. Ret's based more around doing burst damage; its defenses aren't all that amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Attrition hasn't existed for quite a long time. Everyone has some sort of sustaining heal now and ridiculous burst damage to go along with it. Old school prot/holy paladins could pull it off against warriors, rogues, rets, hunters, but they've changed the game too much.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, it's a thing Pallies used to do way early in the game, relative to where we are now. Balance and the objectives of the game have changed that. V:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Aoshun
I'm thinking of making a paladin and my mental image is someone who can survive through just about anything and slowly wear down your enemy because they cant kill you. Am I about right or are my hopes unrealistic?

Your mental image is very wrong. We can't survive anything. We can VERY slowly wear down our enemies if they are AFK. Do not play a ret paladin. Roll BM hunter. I hear they quickly wear out their enemy by watching their pets do all the work. If you're into attrition, just send all your pets into auto attack mode and you'll probably get what you're looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Aoshun

If you're talking pvp... no. too much CC, self heals etc, hp to really do it now.

In pve, sure. Slow and steady wins the race.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]