Gold farmers

(Locked)

90 Worgen Rogue
Just FYI. There are gold farmers abusing the AH and buying all the cheaper items and then reselling them at higher prices, like WAY higher. If you see any price inflation, it is most likely them. I can't name them here (Forum policy), just letting you guys know what has been happening.

I believe they have accumulated up to around 5 million gold. I've seen suspicious acts with other players and have a hunch they are selling it for real life money.
Edited by Minimize on 2/28/2013 12:33 PM PST
100 Tauren Paladin
I'm seeing a lot of people selling time cards in trade too. Some even on toons I recognize.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Excellent way to make gold off rare green vanilla drops. Seems those that have played a long time like to have rare transmog sets and have the gold to buy them. Poor people always complain though...
85 Pandaren Mage
lol
90 Worgen Rogue
03/01/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Mildiphat
lol
^
Right there look at achieves...account-wide achievements have a blue banner...those do not...
100 Draenei Shaman
03/01/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Minimize
account-wide achievements have a blue banner...those do not...

What do you mean "those do not" what are you referring to? I'm lost by that statement.
90 Troll Druid
03/01/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Ziv
account-wide achievements have a blue banner...those do not...

What do you mean "those do not" what are you referring to? I'm lost by that statement.

i believe a tinfoil hat is needed
31 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Minimize
There are gold farmers abusing the AH and buying all the cheaper items and then reselling them at higher prices, like WAY higher. If you see any price inflation, it is most likely them.
I do that all the time, I do it with x-mog items and a lot of old world profession mats. I recently bought some Elemental Earth for about 50s and marked them up to 30g. That doesn't make me a gold farmer, it makes me an as****e.
Buying low and selling high. That's an obvious abuse of the economy for sure.

03/01/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Linguine
I do it with x-mog items

Stop profiting from my hyperion sales.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Soooo wait,

By buying & reselling transmog gear makes me a goldfarmer? I feel dirty... nah, not really.
31 Night Elf Druid
Soooo wait,

By buying & reselling transmog gear makes me a goldfarmer? I feel dirty... nah, not really.
You are dirty, just not for that reason.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just FYI. There are gold farmers abusing the AH and buying all the cheaper items and then reselling them at higher prices, like WAY higher. If you see any price inflation, it is most likely them. I can't name them here (Forum policy), just letting you guys know what has been happening.

I believe they have accumulated up to around 5 million gold. I've seen suspicious acts with other players and have a hunch they are selling it for real life money.

Technically that's not Gold Farming. Typically market price is driven down by competition but it can also be because there is high supply and low demand (e.g. Cata Materials are worth much less now in Mists because very few people want them relative to before and there still is a decent supply of them). By buying out and cornering markets there is a risk that you will not recoup your initial investment and be left holding a whole bunch of merchandise that won't sell and will cost you even more to post. Price inflation happens when the supply of gold in the economy is high and the demand for items is higher than their supply. Given that the supply of the gold in the economy has dramatically increased due to unlimited dailies, quest reward inflation, LFD/LFR rewards and higher demand for running old instances due to Transmogrification gear I'm not surprised when players are willing to drop hundreds or thousands of gold where before they would have spent much less.

I don't really know how you think you know people are monetizing that into real world money. The days of there being Gold Farms is pretty much over since obtaining gold from compromised accounts is far more efficient than having people actually being paid to play the game and just sit in shadowmoon valley killing elementals all day. As to the time card thing, as far as I know it's a grey area which I would be hesitant to say is legitimate and would definitely say isn't safe for you use. Is 15$ really that hard to come up with? I mean they sell game cards at Wallmart, right? What definitely isn't legal is buying gold for real world currency, don't ever do that. While we're on the subject, download the authenticator app for your smartphone or pick one up for 6$ from the Blizzard store.
100 Draenei Shaman
After all this time has past since this was originally posted. I'm just now realizing what this guy is saying. He quoted Mildi's post & pretty much is accusing him of being one of these gold farmers because his achievements aren't highlighted blue as account wide achievements are.

That being said, I know Mildi he's not a gold farmer, however I figured out why his achievements aren't highlighted blue. I have 2 wow accounts, one upgraded to MoP (Achievements are blue), the other is not (normal looking achievements), but achievements
are the same. Mr. OP you can calm down, people enjoy making money off the AH, but they
are not gold farmers in the sense you're blaming them, they farm gold for themselves, which
is not a crime.

What I don't see you complaining about is the level 80 to 86's Paladins flying around Jade Forest mining. Yes, that's right I said flying, in a strictly 90 to fly zone. Those are from compromised accounts.
85 Pandaren Mage
03/01/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Minimize
lol

^
Right there look at achieves...account-wide achievements have a blue banner...those do not...

I'm flattered, really I am.
Edited by Mildiphat on 3/6/2013 8:18 PM PST
100 Night Elf Warrior
I love it when people list items for under vendor prices. I auctioneer batch buy them. Then spend 2 minutes vendoring them. Free 800g-5k gold a week.

Every time you list an item for under vendor price a baby ethiopian starves. I hope you are happy with yourself, silly auction people.
Edited by Matayas on 3/27/2013 6:30 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
Soooo wait,

I only feel dirty while WEARING transmorg items.

Have you seen my female draenei....
92 Night Elf Druid
in what way is buying cheap items and reselling for more "abusing" the AH? this has to be the sillyest post ive ever seen.
100 Orc Hunter
you're even sillier for necroing!
100 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Zivya
g

s

o
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]